Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kffl:Jim Wyatt reports:Team showing interest in WR Justin McCareins

michael_33

We're better off with Thrash than McCareins.

I was just about to say the exact same thing. Dumping Thrash for McCareins would be idiotic.

Both are depth receivers, and of the two, we know that Thrash (a) can catch the ball when thrown to him, (B) is the consummate professional and a positive locker room presence, and © a standout on special teams.

What does McCareins bring to the table again?

I get what people are saying about McCareins taking over for Thrash, or Caldwell, or McCardell, and I guess among those, McCareins wouldn't be my first choice either. But, if he comes cheap, I wouldn't mind having him in camp. I think his upside is better than all of the aforementioned besides perhaps Caldwell.

I wouldn't take McCareins over someone in the draft though, of course. But it wouldn't bother me to bring him in camp for a look.

Hail,

H

Why would we show interest in him? He's never done much and he's gonna hit 30 this year. Pass!

Why waste money on a older player when we actually have most of our draft picks this year. Wow still cant believe it : )..And we may get some compensatory picks in the 3rd and later in the draft.

Why would we show interest in him? He's never done much and he's gonna hit 30 this year. Pass!

I think the problem is that agents and players aren't really accustomed to the idea that the Skins FO is not at all interested in them. So they continue to through the Skins name out there assuming it to be true.

See Bryant Johnson, who while working on a deal in Buffalo claimed he had a visit scheduled with the Skins, which turned out to be 100% false. One can conclude that he only said that in an attempt to get more money from the Bills.

I like McCareins. He dropped an easy 3rd down ball in over time of the Jets game that would have given them the 1st and put them in field goal range. don't think I'd want him to play here though.

I remember that game and I believe it was Jerricho Cotchery who dropped that key 3rd down pass.

A play for McCairens indicates that the Skins are looking for a decent player to man this position while they bring along a youngster from this year's draft. I like the move. It's inexpensive and gives us a decent receiver we're not expecting that much from. A move like this, unlike a play for Hackett or BJ (who will garner more money, playing time, attention) indicates that this regime is willing to build from the ground up in the team's weak areas and ensures that a young player will actually play. This is consistent with the team's other moves and, in my opinion, a fantastic way to build a winner.

Pass on Justin McCareins, my 3 college buddies are Jets fans, so I watch a lot of Jets game during school. The guy can never make the big catch when needed and just isn't a consistent reciever. He has had a couple good years but if you look at the talent he had around him there was nothing. When Coles was hurt he caught some balls but other then that he is not impressive. McCardell even at the age of 37? would be more productive then McCareings. I prefer Caldwell and/or signing Hackett. Also I still believe we should pick up a reciever in the 2nd round of this years draft.

I fail to see how he is an upgrade over anyone on our current roster. I don't see why he deserves any more of a shot then Anthony Mix. Mix hasn't proved anything more or any of that, but why waste our money on a tall older guy when we have the same thing in a younger guy who is a proven commodity on special teams. Pass.

Archived