Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeAngelo Hall

rwn

I dont see why not, Hall is a good enough corner and is fast as hell just like green. I think it'd be dope for him to have 28 IMO. It's not like jersey numbers are retired are they? IF so, no one should get 21 ever again. That should be a sacred number..

It;s a respect thing

it goes the same as 7, 28, and 44 haven't been given out since their respected players wore it last. I believe 21 should be added to the list too!!

I'll take a proven player over a rookie anyday. My favorite player in the draft is DRC but I have to admit Hall would be much better for us then DRC. For all anyone else knows DRC can be a bust, but we know what we get with Hall already. This is one of those trades/signings that this franchise needed to make for a while now. Hall is a playmaker, and can change a game majorly. Its what we need, no more Lloyd or Archuletta additions, where we knew neither were elite talents.

This year Danny has played his FA hand very well, keeping his cards close. Hall would be the smartest move he made in a while. We have 9 draft picks this year (1,2,3,3,5,6,7,7,7). With the additional picks we can trade away the original 3rd, 7th and a pick next year and not be hurt this year at all or even next year for that matter. Even if it takes a 1st to get Hall, we need it. We could be taking a CB in round 1 anyway. Once again I'd take Hall over any rookie CB.

This is the exact mentality that has us screwed every year. A player you trade for is NOT a proven player. They're proven in their own team's system, but there's no telling how they're going to do inthe Washington Redskins system. That's why Archuleta, Trotter, Patten, etc. didn't pan out...they looked good on their previous teams, but when they got here we put that "proven commodity" in a new system, it became a very unproven commodity.

Let's stick with drafting our players. We aren't so hard pressed for corners that we need to deal another team a first round pick just for the right to sign the guy to a $100 million contract. If we can get talents like Rocky McIntosh and Chris Cooley in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, imagine what we can do with a full set of picks.

p.s. Trotter, Armstead, Archuleta were all playmakers of similar caliber to Hall at their respective positions. Apparently, these proven stars were only good in their own systems.

EDIT: and the advantage of taking a CB in the first round over trading it for Hall is that we wont have to pony up $100 million for the rookie. Trading a first for Hall acquires his services for 1 year...using a 1st on a corner we get that corner for 4 years at a very low price (salary wise). What's the harm in waiting for Hall to become a free agent?

Does anyone remember #36?

I'm sorry. I loved the guy. All of us did. He was #36 when he joined the team. So let's dispense with the "sacred number" crap.

There are alot of "off-limits" numbers, especially with this team because we don't retire numbers lightly. Doug Williams wore JC's number before him and Billy Kilmer before him.

None of this has any bearing on whether or not we sign a player. And if it does...Wow, lots of problems. But then again, maybe DH would feel a little pressure to live up to ST and the expectations of his teammates. And us.

I dont see why not, Hall is a good enough corner and is fast as hell just like green. I think it'd be dope for him to have 28 IMO. It's not like jersey numbers are retired are they? IF so, no one should get 21 ever again. That should be a sacred number..

It;s a respect thing

28 gets retired WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before 21.

But it's all moot, the Skins don't retire numbers they just don't issue them and 28 will never be issued and 21 probably won't be issued for at least a while.

and lets think about where the money would come from to sign him... we are about 8 million under the cap now that we redid portis's contract... and dhall is going to want a ridiculous deal probably something as big as samuel... i really cannot see the skins doing that and then being able to add some kids in the draft... remember we dont NEED a corner that badly...smoot is a solid #2.. springs has #1 potential if he stays healthy and carlos will be back mid season... i want dhall real bad bc he would be awesome... but we really cant afford him and to be honest we have more needs... if we get him we wont be able to get a dominant de which we need or a decent wr which we need... we need to DRAFT players and bring them up ourselves...lets leave the free agency to other teams and trades to other teams and be smart this year

Man what are you talking about? Springs is old and Smoot is a Solid #2. So in your opinion, the Skins don't need a CB? Their most pressing need to me is a CB, DL & WR. If Hall is available I'd trade that 1st rounder in a heartbeat. IMO the CB's in this years draft are average at best.

This is the exact mentality that has us screwed every year. A player you trade for is NOT a proven player. They're proven in their own team's system, but there's no telling how they're going to do inthe Washington Redskins system. That's why Archuleta, Trotter, Patten, etc. didn't pan out...they looked good on their previous teams, but when they got here we put that "proven commodity" in a new system, it became a very unproven commodity.

Let's stick with drafting our players. We aren't so hard pressed for corners that we need to deal another team a first round pick just for the right to sign the guy to a $100 million contract. If we can get talents like Rocky McIntosh and Chris Cooley in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, imagine what we can do with a full set of picks.

p.s. Trotter, Armstead, Archuleta were all playmakers of similar caliber to Hall at their respective positions. Apparently, these proven stars were only good in their own systems.

EDIT: and the advantage of taking a CB in the first round over trading it for Hall is that we wont have to pony up $100 million for the rookie. Trading a first for Hall acquires his services for 1 year...using a 1st on a corner we get that corner for 4 years at a very low price (salary wise). What's the harm in waiting for Hall to become a free agent?

I for one feel like the Skins brass hasn't been that good evaluating talent period. Now with Trotter who was a downhill type LB, the Skins asked him to play in space a lot. That was his strong point. I knew Archuleta was a bum when the Skins signed him. People on this forum talked more about his workout regimen than his play on the field. I always judge for myself. D.Hall is a man to man CB. He's young and better than any CB they can draft right now. There might be a diamond in the ruff in thsi draft but looking at the combine and film, there's not really any CB's that standout in this years draft to me. Archuleta wasn't what I called a playmaker to me with the Rams.

the best part about dhall is his potential given his age...he never shows up against big name receivers but if he is this good this young, youve got to think the guy hasnt come close to realizing his potential yet. Especially in ATL where he hasnt been surrounded by much in terms of talent to learn from.

Carlos seems to be getting better. Hall and him would be two pretty good corners with Smoot in the slot.

I'm saying this assuming Springs is gone

Yeah but for this season we do have Springs. Draft a CB in R3 and let them share play time with our existing young CBs and see how they go. If they play well we mave have our replacement for Springs from the bunch. If not we can draft high and still have experienced players in Rogers and Smoot while we bring them on. If not drafting high we could sign a FA CB, like Hall will be next year if no one gives up the first I expect his trade would require.

Then we can sign Brandon Albert with our first and dramatically improve our O for the season :D

EDIT: But I must admit there's merit in making a play for Hall. This season our CBs would be sick! Add a player like Trevor Laws with our 2nd, Bobbie Williams with our 5th and an OLB at some stage and we would be set on th D side IMO.

I'll take a YOUNG proven player over a rookie anyday. My favorite player in the draft is DRC but I have to admit Hall would be much better for us then DRC.

I fixed it for you. And its pretty cool how you were able too look at this objectively considering your favorite prospect plays Hall's position.

Shawn Springs to safety, Deangelo Hall to take Springs' spot at CB. Thats just my 2 cents but I think it might work.

:applause:

I don't understand? We have 2 safeties who have proven to work perfectly fine together in Landry and Doughty. SS is not a strong safety. Nor is he big or built enough to be a strong safety either. Don't say FS either because that is Landry's TRUE position and we aren't going to change that. Where are this statements coming from?

Archived