Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeAngelo Hall

rwn

If we did get Hall, I don't see the point of moving any of our DBs around. Rotate them in and out, and keep them healthy. Its much easier to tackle a Running Back in the 4th when you're rested a bit. We did it last year with Springs, Rogers, and Smoot.

I heard this on Comcast this morning as well...

No one can deny the talent of Hall but he needs to:stfu: and play ball.

For all the trash he talks I have seen too many highlights of him being:owned: by WRs. He was also not very cooperative with Patrino (which I can understand in a way)

Rumor had it earlier that the Giants were interested in him and were willing to give up their 1st round pick. Their are likely more suitors for Hall which will only make the price ridiculous.

We are not 1 player away from being a top team. We are not 2 players away from being a top team. We are several young players away.

How do we get a lot of young talent for the future?

We actually USE our draft picks, especially the first 3 rounds. We don't trade away our picks, in order to invest a huge % of our cap space in a single player.

Do not trade them. Thanks.

Hall could be an asset or a liability. I think it's too risky to get him here. Let's save our draft picks for young talent and build through the draft. I'm so sick and tired of the big name that comes in here for his payday and we sit in the stands or wherever and watch another game go down the drain (along with DS' $, I might add). Instead of the big name, let's get the right player for our system and locker room chemistry.

:2cents: HTTR

i feel like there is enough young talent at the cb position in the draft to waste a 1st rounder on hall, however if we could get him for a second and maybe one of our 3rd rounders that would be good, lets just save that 1st rounder for ocho cinco

the longer the Redskins stand pat and don't make a move as players sign with other teams that they may be interested in at WR and DL, the more likely a deal for DeAngelo Hall becomes :)

I am not necessarily in favor of adding another high priced, high maintenance player to this roster, but we do have a need at CB and I can see Vinny and Dan deciding they are going to make ONE big move in the offseason to deflect the new criticism that they are sitting on their hands since Gibbs left, undecided what to do next.

We are not 1 player away from being a top team. We are not 2 players away from being a top team. We are several young players away.

How do we get a lot of young talent for the future?

We actually USE our draft picks, especially the first 3 rounds. We don't trade away our picks, in order to invest a huge % of our cap space in a single player.

Do not trade them. Thanks.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I would like to see an addition either at CB or WR. Yes, the draft is helpful with rookies but not all rookies can handle the NFL coming in. If Redskins plan to use their first round pick on either a CB or a WR why not use it to get a proven player like D. Hall or Chad Johnson. I really think either of them can help our team.

I dont know if its been posted yet but D. Hall is from Chesapeake, Virginia.

My opinion is that if we are going after a "impact" player thru FA, then it should be a tall wide reciever.

Practally speaking tho, I think it would be most prudent to get a level 2 tall wide reciever to compete with Mix, and save some spending money.

Then work on our offensive and defensive lines thru the draft.

Again, these are just my opinions.

I feel like Hall has less chance of being a 'bust' than a B Lloyd or Arch because so much of a CBs play is dependant on his coverage skills, which shouldn't really change from team to team. Sure he is helped by having other good coverage guys around him, but our secondary has got to be better than ATLs, so if that's the case he should only do better here. Its tough to say, and the price is always the bottom line. The best player in the world isn't always a good acquisition.

This would be a much tougher choice if he wasn't so young, but I think I've come around to being for getting him, as long as we can get under Samuel money for him and hopefully keep our high round picks. Unfortunately, I don't think either of those things will happen.

This is the exact mentality that has us screwed every year. A player you trade for is NOT a proven player. They're proven in their own team's system, but there's no telling how they're going to do inthe Washington Redskins system. That's why Archuleta, Trotter, Patten, etc. didn't pan out...they looked good on their previous teams, but when they got here we put that "proven commodity" in a new system, it became a very unproven commodity.

Let's stick with drafting our players. We aren't so hard pressed for corners that we need to deal another team a first round pick just for the right to sign the guy to a $100 million contract. If we can get talents like Rocky McIntosh and Chris Cooley in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, imagine what we can do with a full set of picks.

p.s. Trotter, Armstead, Archuleta were all playmakers of similar caliber to Hall at their respective positions. Apparently, these proven stars were only good in their own systems.

EDIT: and the advantage of taking a CB in the first round over trading it for Hall is that we wont have to pony up $100 million for the rookie. Trading a first for Hall acquires his services for 1 year...using a 1st on a corner we get that corner for 4 years at a very low price (salary wise). What's the harm in waiting for Hall to become a free agent?

was brandon lloyd a top 5 WR?? NO!

was adam archuletta a top 5 S?? NO!

was antwaan randle el a top 5 WR?? NO!

was andre carter a top 5 DE?? NO!

we threw mad money at them, 2 stuck and 2 flopped terribly. With Hall we know his strengths and weaknesses on a pro level. With a rookie we have no idea how he will transition to the pro's. Sure we could find a jem, but the odds of not are much much greater. Hall is YOUNG and VERY TALENTED!! You can

Archived