Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft 2008- Would a Monk or a Manley make sense? (merged x2)

Scamp1

I know you are new, but this could have gone in one of the other draft threads.

Or at the very least you could provide some info on Marcus Monk, and why you think he'd be a great fit for us.

Many on here are in favor of drafting Monk, so long as he is still available in the 5th round or later.

I personally would like us to take Jordy Nelson in the third. Good price for a talented WR who's size and weight fit the mold of the WCO WR we are looking for. Not to mention the kid is a good route runer, and has decent hands.

Monk is Mix without NFL experience.

Not even close. Before he had knee problems he had WAY more production than Mix. In his college career Monk has had at least 20 TDs. Mix had 5 at Auburn.

The main problem with Monk is that he had to have both knees reconstructed and it really impacted his performance, his speed and his route running. He has great hands and is a great red zone target but is too slow and injury prone. He might be a good pick up in a late round for us or someone else as a project for a TE or a pure red zone/posession guy.

is this Marcus Monk? I think he's rated as a 2nd rounder right now, some have him in the late first.

As for Manley Jr., there is another thread on him, and yes, I do hope we take him late or as an UDFA and see if Greg Blache can convert his talent into production.

In what mock draft does he even go before the 3rd, let alone 1st?

Yeah I don't think I've seen him rated in the first 3 rounds in any mock I've seen. He is projected as a 5th rounder at best generally.

Pretty much. Its nice that he's related to Art Monk, but he's not what this team needs. A slow, injury-prone WR would be worth a shot in the 7th round, but not much else.

I think we should draft every player with the last name washington. Can you just hear the announcer ... Washington passed to Washington and got a great break out block from Washington. LOL

back on topic ...... would be nice to hear those names again IF they were 90% (or more) of what the origional was.

is this Marcus Monk? I think he's rated as a 2nd rounder right now, some have him in the late first.

As for Manley Jr., there is another thread on him, and yes, I do hope we take him late or as an UDFA and see if Greg Blache can convert his talent into production.

Mocks have Monk generally in the 5th-7th round, more have him 6th and 7th than 5th.

• 2 weeks later...

you couldn't have googled him? We have had a bunch of Monk threads started, I would suggest next time following the rules before starting a thread.

Since he is not anyway related do you still think we shoudl draft him? Personally I think Jordy Nelson would be a better option

you couldn't have googled him? We have had a bunch of Monk threads started, I would suggest next time following the rules before starting a thread.

Since he is not anyway related do you still think we shoudl draft him? Personally I think Jordy Nelson would be a better option

Yes, Nelson should be a good fit. And Monk is a second day draft pick.

Archived