Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft 2008- Would a Monk or a Manley make sense? (merged x2)

Scamp1

I know the likely hood of getting WR Monk from Arkansas, and DE Manley from Oregon ST. is a long shot. But how great would that be especially having 2 posistions filled by the very names that are famous here in DC?

Dexters son is even more of a great story with Monk and Green going into the HOF . Wouldnt that be great to hear names like Manley and Monk called during the HoF game . Those 2 posistions are needs with our teams and these kids can definately play at this level and would not cost a high draft pick. Just dreaming in Feb but sounds feasible.

Those names are really under the radar - maybe as UFA's?

I don't know if they're really all that good, I only heard about them in another thread, but we can bring them in during training camp and they can prove it.

Hard to project before the combines, but Monk should be drafted in the mid rounds.

is this Marcus Monk? I think he's rated as a 2nd rounder right now, some have him in the late first.

As for Manley Jr., there is another thread on him, and yes, I do hope we take him late or as an UDFA and see if Greg Blache can convert his talent into production.

I thought Marcus Monk was slated more in the late rounds, will have to read up more on Manley though. here's a rating system from NFL.com --> www.nfldraftcountdown.com

give positional breakdown ratings, and Monk is listed as being rated (27) @ WR position, but @ 6-6 he could get pulled sooner based on height, there are only 4 picks @ 6-4 + before him.

They don't list Manley under DE/DT rankings on this site (listed above) do you have a link to him?

I thought Marcus Monk was slated more in the late rounds, will have to read up more on Manley though. here's a rating system from NFL.com --> www.nfldraftcountdown.com

give positional breakdown ratings, and Monk is listed as being rated (27) @ WR position, but @ 6-6 he could get pulled sooner based on height, there are only 4 picks @ 6-4 + before him.

They don't list Manley under DE/DT rankings on this site (listed above) do you have a link to him?

I've seen Monk slated in the later rounds, too. Maybe 5th or 6th round.

He's got the size, but is a bit slow. Kinda reminds me of what we already have in Mix and Espy.

By the way, does anyone know if Espy is fully recovered from his injury?

ahhh, whoops, I was thinking of Malcolm Kelly and Adarius Bowman for whatever reason, both of whom are ranked higher as WR's.

While his weight seems low, at 6'3", DJ Hall of Alabama seems like a good talent too. Has character issues, which is always a concern, but I remember seeing him having some great games at Bama.

Yeah nice. His height looks like an asset. What's the reputation on his route-running and hands?

This offense is gonna be about YAC, so those qualities are much more important than the absurdly overrated 40-time stat.

He has great hands, and good route running ability. The knock against him is that he had a knee or ankle injury before the season started this year, and was out for a good chunk of the season. Fortunately I saw him play the year before. He's a great WR and someone is going to have a gem in him.

Marcus Monk's injuries his sr. year have his stock slipping, but you never know how his stock might rise with a solid combine/workouts.

Right now, I think maybe 4th round for Monk. But we'll see. More than anything, I think his lack of speed is going to hurt him the most.

i dont know, i dont think we should just go after a player just because of the last name.. Alot of the time it doesnt work out.

I think we need to just continue forward and draft who is available to us and not worry about getting a monk or manley( i think manley jr quit oregan st and isnt even eligible for the nfl) and i heard he doesnt have the motor like his daddy.

but anyways, thats just mho. I think we get monk in the later round, cool but we shoulnt pass on a better player availabke with that pick just because the name.

I think he's projected in the 4th to 6th rounds. However, if his workouts in the combine are good he could go day one of the draft.

His strengths and weaknesses are similar to Anthony Mix. Just suppose we get Monk and together with Mix wow, think of the mismatches that would present to opposing defenses in the red-zone. There's one thing I admire about the NY Giants, they have tall receivers who are physical.

You can get a Manley in the first and a Monk in the second

but

You won't get a Monk in the first and a Manley in the 2nd.

DE is a much more shallow pool of talent this year than WR's are, especially big, possession types.

nobody would draft either 2 guys in the 1st or 2nd round

Dexter manley II (he is not going by Jr) transferred from oregon Ducks to West Texas A&M (who?) where he started only 2 games in his final season of eligibility. Basically if he comes to the skins he will be lucky to make the practice squad

Monk played 6 games, had 116 yards and 3 TDs

Archived