Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Phins may Release Zach Thomas?

Veretax

From ESPN

Zach Thomas, who has more tackles than any linebacker in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, will be released by the Miami Dolphins, a league source said Thursday afternoon.

The Dolphins had no comment, but the source said the official move was likely to come Thursday afternoon. A fifth-round pick in 1996, Thomas has spent 11 seasons with the Dolphins, recording more than 1,500 tackles.

For more visit ESPN

This could get quite interesting actually. It's obvious that the Dolphins are in a total "Rebuild from the ground up" phase that's going to require them freeing up cap space so they can draft plenty of talent, and bring in some key FAs this season to build around.

Might want to keep an eye on these guys. It's amazing to me that they were the favorites to win the AFC championship game in 2006. :doh:

This could get quite interesting actually. It's obvious that the Dolphins are in a total "Rebuild from the ground up" phase that's going to require them freeing up cap space so they can draft plenty of talent, and bring in some key FAs this season to build around.

Might want to keep an eye on these guys. It's amazing to me that they were the favorites to win the AFC championship game in 2006. :doh:

Exactly. The Dolphins are building a contender. They are looking to be good in 2-5 years from now.

By that time Zach Thomas will already be gone, so they are in essence doing Thomas a favor by letting him negotiate a new contract with a new team.

What in the world is Parcells doing down there. It seems like they dont stand a chance next year because they will have too many rookies and free agents just pieced together into a team.

In order to build a winner, sometimes you have to sacrafice a season or two in order to be outstanding in 3-5.

Parcells is doing a great job down there right now, in my opinion. Thomas will be no help to that team now or in three years. He's getting old, and although NOT injury prone persay, he's no good on the shelf. He barely played last season due to a nagging migraine and effects of it.

All this clensing of the roster is starting to get a little ridiculous. Zach Thomas has been like a machine in the middle for the Dolphins for like 10+ seasons. He has been very underrated as a MLB. The Dolphins are going to regret this decision. :helmet:

What in the world is Parcells doing down there. It seems like they dont stand a chance next year because they will have too many rookies and free agents just pieced together into a team.

I'll bet you right now the dolphins atleast double their win total. You can name the odds and the amount.

Archived