Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn interviewed on Comcast Sportsnite, including comments on JC's throwing motion...

wilbur58z

Haha. I dunno if that would be a very good idea anyway. Romo sits to pee had concentration problems just having Jessica Simpson in the stands. Imagine Jason having to concentrate while putting his hands between JLo's legs every down.

:laugh:

He wouldn't have any problem with "explosion." Unfortunately, his "explosion" would occur while under center.

I just hope that this is not Spurrier part 2. He just seemed very hesitant to talk about any indiviual players other than Campbell, Moss and Portis. It would be a little more reassuring to refer to Casey Rabach as "Casey" not the center. I am not saying that he needs to know the entire roster but it made me a little nervous

Hey, give the guy a little bit of a break. He hasn't met most of the players yet.

Jason

Hey, give the guy a little bit of a break. He hasn't met most of the players yet.

Jason

dude

I am as optimistic as they come. I will support my skins until the end. It just sort of reminded me of Spurrier in press conferences not knowing his players names. I know that my comments may seem a little crazy but it just reminded me of that.

dude

I am as optimistic as they come. I will support my skins until the end. It just sort of reminded me of Spurrier in press conferences not knowing his players names. I know that my comments may seem a little crazy but it just reminded me of that.

Spurrier didn't know the defensive players names, if I remember correctly.

Jason

Throwing motion is overrated, so is QB "mechanics". Just throw the damn ball to the receiver with pinpoint accuracy. That's all that matters. Accuracy. Everything else is overrated. Campbell's problem last year was this: he was not accurate. Zorn should work on making him accurate and forget his "mechanics".

-I am no qb coach as I assume you aren't either but their seems to be a major flaw in your argument. You preach accuracy and nothing else, but you do understand that in almost every circumstance accuracy will improve when mechanichs and footwork improve. I believ by impoving his footwork and mechanics, it will allow him to have easier targets making him more accurate in the process. But this is all my speculatioin I am no nfl qb coach I really don't know what can make a qb more accurate, but I know it doesn't just come out of thin air.

I thought the squating issue was mainly a problem in his first 7 starts. I remember he got really really low when he first came into the lineup. However this past season seems like he didn't do it AS bad as when he first started. Having said that Im no QB coach and maybe he can still improve it. I did notice that on screen plays he completely back pedals and to me that is a dead give away to the play.

Remember, JC accuracy problems were compounded greatly by the fact our WR couldnt catch balls. If we had an average NFL number of drops by our receivers then JC completion percentage would have been much better. Further, due to the way the offense was run, JC was often forced to pass in less desireable situations, meaning more incompletions. There were a lot of 3rd and longs(with the run run pass philopophy). Yet still he outperformed the superbowl champion QB Eli Manning. Though important, its not all about the QB.

I think this can be remedied fairly easy. It's not like Rabach is 5'2" or something.

He is 6'4".

I'm sure this could be a bonus for Rabach also. He wouldn't have to hold such a low stance. That is hard enough for anyone to do. You can get your butt higher by adjusting your stance and leaning forward a little.

Enough about butts though.

This show's that Zorn has an eye for detail (or butts, sorry, had to say it). I cannot wait to see how this will improve the Skins. And from what I hear, this team is going to surprised on this guys work ethic.

Archived