Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Sportsline: Zorn gets job while another Jim gets jobbed

DixieFlatline

Gibbs took us to three playoff appearances in four years. Was that broken? I believe that if Gibbs wouldn't have left, we might have had a chance at the SB. There is nothing broken right now. We just have to find the right fit. Maybe we found a diamond in the rough!

It was 2 playoffs appearances not 3. This organization is totally broken. How do you hire a guy who has NEVER even been a coordinator to head coach? Has this ever happened before? All Snyder got was a guy he and the front office could control. This team is a joke. Sndyder is a joke, Cerrato is pitiful!!

It was 2 playoffs appearances not 3. This organization is totally broken. How do you hire a guy who has NEVER even been a coordinator to head coach? Has this ever happened before? All Snyder got was a guy he and the front office could control. This team is a joke. Sndyder is a joke, Cerrato is pitiful!!

There are several successful head coaches that went from QB coach directly to Head coach. There's one in our very division.

Not that I believe it will matter to you one way or the other. Carry on with the bashing.

In 2005 we appeared in the wild card game and won. Then we appeared in the next round; we lost that one, but we appeared. Finally, we appeared in the wild-card game against Seattle this year. That is an "appearance" in 3 playoff games.

"ap·pear·ance /əˈpɪərəns/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uh-peer-uhns] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. the act or fact of appearing, as to the eye or mind or before the public: the unannounced appearance of dinner guests; the last appearance of Caruso in Aïda; her first appearance at a stockholders' meeting."

You know, I was thinking the same thing? Fassel isn't that bright. He might ruin his chances with other NFL teams with that big mouth of his. This cements the reason I didn't want this tool as HC. Thank you for hiring Zorn Snyder! :applause:

Thank You for Zorn? Thank you for Snyder? If it is true that Fassel helped put this staff together, then he has EVERY right to bash this pitiful organization. ANd I for one am right there with him !!

Just shows me why dan didn't want Fossil . Hes a crybaby. Thank the lord we got zorn. Real colors fly when you don't get what you want. Quit cryin fossil and go somewhere your wanted. My local mcdonalds is hiring for a mascot to wave at customers you clown. :helmet: :point2sky :dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

I'm not Snyder's biggest supporter, that's for sure, but this article is a perfect example of how Snyder simply can't win with the press, no matter what he does.

You hit the nail on the head. Idi Amin could have redeemed his reputation if he had interviewed for HC and the media had to choose between him and Snydar.

In 2005 we appeared in the wild card game and won. Then we appeared in the next round; we lost that one, but we appeared. Finally, we appeared in the wild-card game against Seattle this year. That is an "appearance" in 3 playoff games.

"ap·pear·ance /əˈpɪərəns/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uh-peer-uhns] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. the act or fact of appearing, as to the eye or mind or before the public: the unannounced appearance of dinner guests; the last appearance of Caruso in Aïda; her first appearance at a stockholders' meeting."

You have to be kidding? Only an idiot would try to make that argument ! Not that I am calling anyone a name - just an observation!

Thank You for Zorn? Thank you for Snyder? If it is true that Fassel helped put this staff together, then he has EVERY right to bash this pitiful organization. ANd I for one am right there with him !!

Then pack your bags and follow Fassel wherever he goes. I won't be unhappy to see you leave. :ciao:

Yet he decides not to hire some mediocre, retread coach (Fassel)--who no other team wanted to hire either--and goes with a smart, bold, forward-thinking move. And he gets clubbed anyway.

I will be curious to see if Fassel ever gets another interview!:laugh:

You have to be kidding? Only an idiot would try to make that argument ! Not that I am calling anyone a name - just an observation!

Your observation is noted. Nice intelligent reply. Now go take a nap and calm down. ;)

Edit: You understand that you have to win a game to appear in the next round, right? Regardless of a win in that next playoff "appearance". You also have to win enough games in the regular season to appear in a playoff game, regardless of a win or loss in that playoff "appearance". I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand.

Andy Reid was a QB coach before he was hired for the head coaching job for the Eagles...so yes it has been done before !:gaintsuck

Your observation is noted. Nice intelligent reply. Now go take a nap and calm down. ;)

Edit: You understand that you have to win a game to appear in the next round, right? Regardless of a win in that next playoff "appearance". You also have to win enough games in the regular season to appear in a playoff game, regardless of a win or loss in that playoff "appearance". I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand.

let me try to explain this to you genius! You appear in the playoffs only 1 time per year. You may appear in multiple games during those playoffs but you appear in the playoffs only once. Did Joe Gibbs coach in 16 seasons last year? No, 1 season with 16 games. You need to take a nap and maybe learn the English language. No wonder you like Snyder !

i think about 99% of the fans here would take '3 playoff appearances in 4 years' to mean you made the playoffs 3 times, not played in 3 games in 2 of those years.

Gibbs took us to three playoff appearances in four years. Was that broken? I believe that if Gibbs wouldn't have left, we might have had a chance at the SB. There is nothing broken right now. We just have to find the right fit. Maybe we found a diamond in the rough!

three Play off games, not three appearances, we only made it to the play offs in 05 and 07

I don't agree with this article at all. It doesn't make a single mention of Ron Meeks who had to wait just as long as Fassel. Just because Fassel had to wait 3 weeks does not mean he was owed the job. I'm sure Ron Meeks is disappointed but you don't see him complaining to the media. There's no denying that the process was horrible and Snyder should be taken to task for how the process was conducted, but I give him credit for going with the guy he liked and taking a risk.

Don't disagree that Fassel should feel shafted. It would have been a different story if they did what they did to Williams and not contact him for 10 days I believe. But in this case it was just hang in there, just hang in there until we interview Spags.

With that said, this basically an cry me a river piece by Jim Fassel......and for him to be criticizing other coachs is across the line. Sure Zorn is taking on functions that he has not done yet.......but with the Andy Reid's and Jack Del Rio's of the coaching world who took on jobs with little or no experience at a coordinator or head coaching level you do see that success can be achieved.

Will it be achieved we will find out.....but its better in my mind then going with some bitter retread head coach who assumes that since he's been a head coach it must go to him.

Archived