Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why We Need Spags as HC

Riggodrill44

We need all the help we can get.Spags would at least want a couple of young DE's that could get to the QB.We have been needing youth at DE for years.

Oh I agree with you ... just saying Snyderatto would have to be convinced they thought of it first. :D

One of many reasons we need to hire him.

The guy completely bent Josh McDaniel over last night, without so much as a drop of vaseline. First time I ever saw Belichik's Pats get outcoached.

Whomever we hire is going to get fired in two years, but at least taking Spags will weaken the Giants and (hopefully) land us a couple decent DEs first.

Though in many ways it would be uncool. It's also not impossible that the new HC could come in and fire coaches immediately including Blache and Zorn. Snyder has been known to swallow contracts. I doubt that will be the case, but if the HC comes in and says for me to make it work, this guy has to go.... then that guy probably has to go.

Can he bring his entire defensive line and Antonio Pierce with him?

Otherwise he'll be a disaster here with this personel,and do you really trust Vinny to get him what he needs?

The Redskins are the complete opposite of what the Giants were.Very average in their offensive and defensive lines and with a bunch of midget wide receivers.

Though in many ways it would be uncool. It's also not impossible that the new HC could come in and fire coaches immediately including Blache and Zorn. Snyder has been known to swallow contracts. I doubt that will be the case, but if the HC comes in and says for me to make it work, this guy has to go.... then that guy probably has to go.

I think they would've done this for Pete Carrol or Bill Cowher... However, those guys appeared to want more control over personnel. Not sure they'd do that for Spags (on the offensive side of the ball at least). Also, we don't know if Spags has a defensive staff lined up. It could be that Blache and Brooks are gone (possible), but they might want to retain the others. It just depends on what Spags feels he can work with.

I still think all signs point to Fassel.

I think pressure up the middle is a bit more disruptive than around the ends. I'd rather have a DT that can collapse the pocket and not allow a QB to step into his throws. But yeah pass rush period..you see what it can do, yesterday's superbowl makes a good case..yet our Washington Redskins never seem to think it's and area of need or importance...Well with your front four..not from safety/corner/lb blitzes.

Archived