Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it wrong to be ticked over this?

Zguy28

I don't even know who the charity(s) were. Its done through our Community Relations Committee.

Well, you should be commended for participating then.

I would have asked what Charity(ies) would benefit from the funds raised. All Charities aren't worthy causes in my opinion. :2cents:

So today we have the annual chili cookoff at my work to benefit charity. I decide to contribute my own crockpot full of chili. It cost's me about $25 to make it.

When I go down to eat at lunch, they ask me to pay the $6 to eat. I tell them I'm a participant and the guy collecting the money tells me, with his head down in embarrassment, that I still have to pay.

I have to pay to eat my own chili which I already spent twenty-five bucks to make. Not only that, I was embarassed myself since I rarely carry cash anymore and didn't have any money on me. Needless to say I walked out and went somewhere else for lunch.:mad:

I wanted so bad to just go down there and grab my crockpot and take it to my office, but realized that that is childish.

Am I wrong to be ticked off?

Nope. You're not wrong to be angry but you are right to not make a case of it. If you'd had the money in your pocket, you'd have paid it. When you didn't, they should have either waived the charge or put you down for an IOU. What jerks.

The benefactors were the Allied Atheist Alliance, United Atheist Alliance, and the Unified Atheist League. They thank you for your contribution. :D
That made me lol! Zguy would have a coronary. :laugh::laugh:
LOL. You forgot NAMBLA.
Nah. I would just have to follow PleaseBlitz's advice about the laxative next year. :laugh:

It does change the story if this chile event was held at your workplace and there were no overhead or administrative. Then, the six dollars sounds a bit lousier. Still, it's not abnormal.

Then again, maybe they smelled your chile and realized that no one would be buying any. The six bucks was so that you could at least make some contribution. :silly:

So today we have the annual chili cookoff at my work to benefit charity. I decide to contribute my own crockpot full of chili. It cost's me about $25 to make it.

When I go down to eat at lunch, they ask me to pay the $6 to eat. I tell them I'm a participant and the guy collecting the money tells me, with his head down in embarrassment, that I still have to pay.

I have to pay to eat my own chili which I already spent twenty-five bucks to make. Not only that, I was embarassed myself since I rarely carry cash anymore and didn't have any money on me. Needless to say I walked out and went somewhere else for lunch.:mad:

I wanted so bad to just go down there and grab my crockpot and take it to my office, but realized that that is childish.

nothing personal but i think you should turn your man card in for not carrying cash. credit cards are for chicks and big purchases.

yea, you ever see that visa commericial where everyone is doing the robot and buying bubblegum with their credit cards?

i hate those ****ers.

I just use my Debit. :whoknows:

Plus, when I carry cash I tend to spend it. A man's got to know his limitations.

nothing personal but i think you should turn your man card in for not carrying cash. credit cards are for chicks and big purchases.

No way. Get a cash back card with no annual fee and put everything on it -I mean Everything, even utilities if you can. Be sure to pay it off every month. At the end of the year you will get a big fat check for hundreds of dollars - for doing nothing at all except changing the way you pay for the things you were going to buy anyway.

The only people i know that carry cash are women. :whoknows:

A store wouldn't let me buy a Snickers bar at the weekend with a credit card but let me give them a $50 bill to make a 70c purchase. I'd been carrying it around for months in case of emergencies like this. :laugh:

No way. Get a cash back card with no annual fee and put everything on it -I mean Everything, even utilities if you can. Be sure to pay it off every month. At the end of the year you will get a big fat check for hundreds of dollars - for doing nothing at all except changing the way you pay for the things you were going to buy anyway.

True.

I must ask if I can get my utilities on my Amex rebate card. I wish I could pay my mortgage with it. :)

My annual cash rebate comes in next month and it will be north of $600 :D

maybe i'm just pissed at all the indians (and yes i single out indians cuz i've never had any other ethnicity do it) that come in and order twelve 4 dollar miller lights and run a credit card for every single one individual -- then the next thing ya know your computer screen has 60 patels and 40 siddharthas and i'm confused as all hell...

well since the credit card companies won't let you enforce a minimum i got into the habit of throwing people out that do that. just about the most obnoxious inconsiderate thing you can do to a bartender.

hell i had a guy once named serious siddhartha siddhartha that thought it was so funny he told all his friends to do it. needless to say i added gratuity onto his and all his friends tabs everytime they closed out. and after the fifth time i had him tossed out.

That's just way too ridiculous. There's such a thing as going by the books and doing what's right & sensible. He's just going by the books.:doh:

Archived