Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How does this effect your spending next season?

Riggins Seventy Chip

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest NebraSKIN

If Fassel is coach, no tickets, no merchandise, no NFL Package from DirectTV, no posting on Extremeskins, no "anything Redskins" on my christmas and birthday lists, an "I don't care attitude", Less respect for Snyder, a pessimistic attitude, and no more defending Snyder. I'm sure there's more...

Oh, before you rip on me: Even IF we are winning.

I really hate fairweather fans. Many people hate the Danny (myself included, at times), but I've never found it reason enough to just dump the loyalty that I've had my entire life for this team. No matter WHAT happens, I will still pay for my season tickets, I will still buy merchandise, and I will still [reluctantly] pay for the ridiculously overpriced $8 beers.

I bleed burgundy and gold. I stuck through the Norv and Marty years - IF Fassel comes to town, and IF we dive back into another 4 years of mediocrity, I will still be here, cheering my team on. Win or lose, "Hail to the Redskins!"

I dont root for Dan Snyder, i root for the Washington Redskins. I'm not wearing a "Snyder" jersey, i'm wearing a TAYLOR jersey. I'm a fan of Chris Cooley, not Cerrato. I cant stand this anymore, why do people sit here and literally say they will abandon a team they have loved for YEARS, because of a coaching decision.

I KNOW, Dan Snyder did some crappy stuff. He really, horribly handled Williams' situation but come sunday, Snyder isnt the one on the field. Snyder isnt the one making my memories, the players are.

I voted for not spending anything at all, but that's not because anything has affected my spending. I normally don't spend anything at all. I don't live close enough to go to games and as for merch, I have all that I want right now. The last skins merch I got was a Taylor jersey for Christmas, so I didn't pay for it. Before that, it was my Green jersey 5 years ago.

I'll still go to the game in the Meadowlands like I do every year.

I'll still go to the bar with my boys every Sunday like I do every year.

I'll make at least one trip to DC for a game like I do every year.

So, nothing changes. I root for the Redskins. I don't have to like every choice they make, but I will root for whoever plays and coaches the Redskins.....

I usually go to at least 1 game a year but I think a year off is needed for me. I will still watch and support the Skins but I do not want to financially support the way Dan treats certain coaches and players.

I thought he had learned his way but he keeps wanting to embarrass us skins fans. And there is only so much he can do before he starts to erode this great fan base.

I'll continue to let the Danny rape my wallet. Regardless of who is named coach, we won't know how it turns out until after this season. If we go like 6-10 or less this season, then we have a right to boycott. But until then, as hard as it seems, just give him the benefit of the doubt.

Should we have boycotted this year? (We were less than 6-10 in 06)

Should we have boycotted the playoff run in 05? (we were 6-10 in 04)

Actually for me, I'll likely be spending more. Because most of the rest of my family members (we all pitch in to keep our 2 sets of tickets) are frustrated and are threatening to not pitch in again. So, I may be on my own this season.

Personally, the tickets my grandfather had at RFK for so many years and the tickets my dad waited FOREVER to finally get are worth WAY more to me than getting annoyed with temporary frustrations. Those tickets and whatever other ways I support the team are the LEGACY that my family passed down to me...and I plan to continue it so I can pass it on to MY daughter. If everybody else is abandoning ship, that's on them. Not a chance I'm changing the things I care about because of Dan Snyder. I don't surrender that level of control over MY life to anybody but God.

I went to the Redskins store this weekend for the sale, and had to admit it was a little difficult going up to the register with Redskins gear knowing what a cluster the organization has been this offseason. I only picked up a Redskins steering wheel cover, and the rest was Sean Taylor related stuff. At least that goes straight to his foundation.

Poll: How is your feeling towards Snyder and Cerrato going to influence how much money you give Snyder next season?

Not in the least. I will go to every game, I will tailgate, I will attend the games, I will buy merchandise and $8.00 beers and I will have a great time supporting my team. On the day after the game, I will forget about the whole thing win, lose or draw and wait for the next game.

I dont root for Dan Snyder, i root for the Washington Redskins. I'm not wearing a "Snyder" jersey, i'm wearing a TAYLOR jersey. I'm a fan of Chris Cooley, not Cerrato. I cant stand this anymore, why do people sit here and literally say they will abandon a team they have loved for YEARS, because of a coaching decision.

Don't you see? Supporting the team means not buying merchandise. If Snyder starting losing money, he would have no choice but to listen to other voices and change his way of doing things. To me, NOT giving him any money means that I AM supporting the team.

I really hate fairweather fans. Many people hate the Danny (myself included, at times), but I've never found it reason enough to just dump the loyalty that I've had my entire life for this team. No matter WHAT happens, I will still pay for my season tickets, I will still buy merchandise, and I will still [reluctantly] pay for the ridiculously overpriced $8 beers.

I bleed burgundy and gold. I stuck through the Norv and Marty years - IF Fassel comes to town, and IF we dive back into another 4 years of mediocrity, I will still be here, cheering my team on. Win or lose, "Hail to the Redskins!"

I believe the term "fairweather fan" is being tossed around a little too loosely after this latest catastrophe that is the redskins. I for one voted that i would not purchase tickets or merhandise this season and consider myself FAR from fairweather fandom.

I have grown up watching mediocre to poor redskins teams for the majority of my life. I have only the faintest recollections of the 92 superbowl team and I am tired of pouring my heart and soul into the team every year only to be disappointed. The emotional toll it takes on me is compounding exponentially with every underachieving season or mismanaged offseason.

Just because i will not purchase over priced tickets and novelties does not mean i am less of a fan or that i am "fairweather" I am simply at the point with this franchise (and owner in particular) where i cannot afford to "lay it on the line" anymore. The weekly fall is just too much. I will still watch everygame, and i will still root for my team but my passion and enthusiasm will be subdued in order to prevent this debacle for consuming me even more. I, and im sure many others like me, resent the term fairweather under these particluar cimcumstances.

I just droppes 60 bucks at the skins store 2 weeks ago, that will bne the last I spend. I will put my money toward JGR NASCAR merchandise. Football is not fun anymore LOSING, EXCUSES, and the same old mistakes over the last 9 years has made me sick.

SCREW U SNYDER!!!!

Actually for me, I'll likely be spending more. Because most of the rest of my family members (we all pitch in to keep our 2 sets of tickets) are frustrated and are threatening to not pitch in again. So, I may be on my own this season.

Personally, the tickets my grandfather had at RFK for so many years and the tickets my dad waited FOREVER to finally get are worth WAY more to me than getting annoyed with temporary frustrations. Those tickets and whatever other ways I support the team are the LEGACY that my family passed down to me...and I plan to continue it so I can pass it on to MY daughter. If everybody else is abandoning ship, that's on them. Not a chance I'm changing the things I care about because of Dan Snyder. I don't surrender that level of control over MY life to anybody but God.

ditto.....except I don't have season tickets yet. Anybody looking to dump their tickets? ......I doubt it.

Archived