Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How does this effect your spending next season?

Riggins Seventy Chip

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

There will be no money going into the Redskins pockets from me, again next year. There hasn't been in several years. No merchandise. No tickets. Depending on how things are going I might not even invest much of my time in the team next year. We'll have to see.

First time I think I've ever agreed with you. They are going to be baaaaaaaaaaad next year and I don't particularly want to watch that.

I, and im sure many others like me, resent the term fairweather under these particluar cimcumstances.

While I agree with your statement here, I think "fairweather" carries with it a negative stigma that doesn't always have to be taken so personally. Well, at least this is how I look at it, which I hope doesn't offend anyone.

To me "fairweather" is kind of self-defining. If you're a "fairweather fan" in my mind, you're a fan when the weather is "fair". And when the weather is NOT "fair" you don't consider yourself a fan. I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with that...and it's definitely understandable, especially under these ridiculous circumstances of late. It's just that different people operate in different ways.

I'm incapable of turning my "fan-dom" on and off, regardless of what's going on with the team. When I'm pissed or sad or upset or whatever, I'm still a fan...just an emotional one. *lol* Some other people need and are able to "take a break" from being a fan when things are in turmoil, for their own sanity's sake. They can disassociate themselves from football and the team altogether (mind you, I think this can only be determined during the regular season..it's real easy to say you're so mad that you won't watch the games when the games aren't on ;) ) and have actually changed their feelings towards the team because of whatever the situation may be. To me, that's being "fairweather"...I don't look down on it or use it as an insult, I just can't relate.

I think that's slightly different from BANDWAGON fans, which I think are the people who only show up and cheer when the team is good and winning and disappear/go into hiding when the team sucks or loses. Like, they wear their gear the Monday after a win and no other time. That kind of bothers me personally, but again..to each his/her own. Who am I to judge? :)

I think any fan would be well within his/her right to take a break right now with all this craziness going on. It's the offseason, so now's the time to do it, anyway. When September comes around, though, if you don't get that Redskins itch because you're mad at the offseason moves and you have no interest in the team at all, THEN I think that's fairweather...and your prerogative. :2cents:

Well, I'll definitely be renewing my season tickets, without question. Snyder won't get any money out of me for food and drink, but that has nothing to do with who the coaches are or even who owns the team. I get so much food and booze during the ES tailgate that I don't need to bother with stadium concessions. I bought water two times this year, spent a total of $10 inside the stadium.

As for merchandise, I don't know, I've never bought any. I always get something new from family around Christmas, so I don't have to worry. I'm considering my first jersey purchase sometime soon, we'll see if I can find something I like.

I'll continue to let the Danny rape my wallet. Regardless of who is named coach, we won't know how it turns out until after this season. If we go like 6-10 or less this season, then we have a right to boycott. But until then, as hard as it seems, just give him the benefit of the doubt.

And because of people like you, the Redskins remain the most profitable franchise in the NFL, even though we have done nothing stupendous for the last decade, unless you call setting records for least amount of yardage gained in a playoff game, or least amount of sacks or take aways EVER in the NFL.

Oh well... we are setting recoerds right?

We have had the right to baycott since Dan gave Marty the shaft.

I wish Gibbs could buy the team.

To be honest with you I've pretty much got all my redskins gear and don't like going to home games that much. Will probably go to the one in Baltimore for a chance to see a game at another stadium, but won't be going to fedex for any home games this year.

You don't like going to home games? I know FedEx is no RFK, but Skins fans still make it a great tailgate scene and get pretty loud with 90,000 people.

Trust me, you will have a much better time at FedEx than Mullet & Trailer Bank Stadium in B'more.:logo:

If Fassel is coach, no tickets, no merchandise, no NFL Package from DirectTV, no posting on Extremeskins, no "anything Redskins" on my christmas and birthday lists, an "I don't care attitude", Less respect for Snyder, a pessimistic attitude, and no more defending Snyder. I'm sure there's more...

Oh, before you rip on me: Even IF we are winning.

so basically if we win and it turns out he made the right decision, you won't care because you will feel like an idiot?

I'm not getting my season tix, not because I don't support my Skins, but because Snyder needs a f@*king reality check. Parking, concessions, prices - we are a freaking joke to the rest of the league. Treat the organization with the love and respect it deserves - you claim to be a fan. Hey make your money, but don't rape your fans in the process.

Well, if beer at the stadium still costs 8 bucks, I'll still be giving him a whole lotta cash.
I will still buy merchandise, and I will still [reluctantly] pay for the ridiculously overpriced $8 beers.

You guys do know that Dan owns these boards, right? Telling him that you will still buy his $8 beers isn't going to help you get a price decrease.

It's already effected my spending. I was at Golf Galaxy today. I was looking for some new headcovers for my taylor made woods. I saw these cool looking covers. They were shaped of a real football and it had a nice redskin logo on them. I would have bought it in a heartbeat...then i remembered that I CAN'T STAND SNYDER!!! So I left without buying anything. bring back GW and I will buy them immediately

If I go to a Game it will be an AWAY GAME Against Baltimore, Philly, or New York

If we go like 6-10 or less this season, then we have a right to boycott. But until then, as hard as it seems, just give him the benefit of the doubt.

Why? I mean it's not just this year. We've been hearing the same old crap from Danny for the last 4 years.

If anything, we should've done this a long time ago.

I probably wont be going to any games this year. But there are some classic number jerseys that I am still going to replace. My # 28 from the 80s was passed down a few years ago. Outside of that I doubt I will be buying anything else Skins related, unless Sonny publishes his memoirs. I am still waiting for that, imagine the stories.

I am contemplating giving up my season tix. If I do, I'll still watch on tv. But the only recourse I have as a fan to show Synder I don't like the direction of the organization (not to mention the ridiculous prices) is give up the tix.

I have been a fan of the Redskins since Otto Graham was coach...my mom took us out of school to meet Vince Lombardi when the Redskins held some practices at Georgetown University...saw the Gibbs years and the (put coaches name here) years....I will not give any money to Snyder - not because he is an idiot, but rather because of the way he treats people - the latest is Coach Williams, but ask Brian Mitchell what he thinks of Dan Snyder or how about Antonio Pierce? There are others...Snyder will never treat people well, he will not have people around him that tell him the truth - that he needs a GM. I hope the Redskins do well but I can't see putting a penny into that b@stard's pocket - not after I see men busting their gut for the team and he just discards them like yesterday's paper....So yes, I know Snyder doesn't play, But as long as he contiues to be the big dlck that he is I'll never give him any of my money....

Archived