Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Zorn know who the head coach is?

wunderhill

I think early front runner Jim Schwartz will be the HC when all is said and done. Reason being, Snyder wouldn't hire an offensive coordinator 2 weeks before hiring a head coach, I wouldn't think. I think Fassel was their initial choice, but after the backlash from that, and them not wanting GW as head coach, they'll hire Schwartz. I think they'll offer GW to stay on as defensive coordinator, and if he does, fine, if not, then either promote from within or go after someone like Ron Rivera in San Diego who led a good Bears defense not too long ago. Could also be a precursor to bringing in Lance Briggs, IMO.

I believe the same thing. If you don't want GW go with the next best thing his younger protege who runs the same defense. You can also promote Jerry Gray to DC he ran it in buffalo to the #2 ranking after GW came here.

Big question here is other than GW, who does Zorn know or who is he good friends with? Does or has he had some kind of contact with Spags? Has he had any kind of football relationship with Ryan from Baltimore? Who know?

I think early front runner Jim Schwartz will be the HC when all is said and done. Reason being, Snyder wouldn't hire an offensive coordinator 2 weeks before hiring a head coach, I wouldn't think. I think Fassel was their initial choice, but after the backlash from that, and them not wanting GW as head coach, they'll hire Schwartz. I think they'll offer GW to stay on as defensive coordinator, and if he does, fine, if not, then either promote from within or go after someone like Ron Rivera in San Diego who led a good Bears defense not too long ago. Could also be a precursor to bringing in Lance Briggs, IMO.

I haven't posted on who I thought would be head coach yet, but after reading yours, here goes. Schwartz can't be it. I think GW is already the HC. He got shed of the 700 page play book. You can't hire an OC before a HC. You just can't. I also think Fasell was suposed to be the new OC. I would have gone for that. Snyder can't be doing all the stuff we are claiming in conspiracy theories. He can't be that stupid. I hope and pray we have all jumped to false conclusions and he and GW are sitting back laughing at the press (& us) for claiming he is screwing it all up. Then again, it is snyder.

I find it hard to believe he takes this job without knowing who he would work for. I understand Garrett, i'm sure he firgured on being the eventual head coach. But Zorn seemed to have it made in Seattle,why take that risk if you don't even know who you are working under?

Good point.

I have to guess that he knows what the Dan wants to do and what his back up plan is. He must feel confident that he can work with the possible HC candidates.

I haven't posted on who I thought would be head coach yet, but after reading yours, here goes. Schwartz can't be it. I think GW is already the HC. He got shed of the 700 page play book. You can't hire an OC before a HC. You just can't. I also think Fasell was suposed to be the new OC. I would have gone for that. Snyder can't be doing all the stuff we are claiming in conspiracy theories. He can't be that stupid. I hope and pray we have all jumped to false conclusions and he and GW are sitting back laughing at the press (& us) for claiming he is screwing it all up. Then again, it is snyder.
I could go for this. Also, any chance they are trying to get Schwartz so they can promote him to Assistant HC-Defense? Or since they seem to be doing away with the dumb titles, DC/Asst HC? Are they allowed to pursue this given that he isn't an Asst. HC in Tennessee?

I find it hard to believe he takes this job without knowing who he would work for. I understand Garrett, i'm sure he firgured on being the eventual head coach. But Zorn seemed to have it made in Seattle,why take that risk if you don't even know who you are working under?
Maybe he does maybe he doesn't maybe their hasn't been a decision on the HC yet, and Danny just liked him so much he hired him before a HC was named...hey Jerry Jones did it with Jason Garrett...he was hired before Wade

If this is true, then he has to at least know who the Redskins want to hire as Head Coach. Can't imagine he'd sign on for a Head Coach to be named later.
Yes, and I'm thinking no poster on here is smarter than the owner of this board. Fassel WAS used. Now, whomever Danny picks is going to create a gigantic sigh of relief and be accepted like an old hand. Unless of course it's Fassel.

Archived