Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Zorn know who the head coach is?

wunderhill

Because an OC job in the NFL is a big deal. Its a big stepping stone. Even if he crashes and burns he gets "NFL OC" on this resume. He also gets a big pay raise. Im sure he was also promised he would be in control of the offense.

I dont think Snyder even knows who the next head coach is.

I find it hard to believe he takes this job without knowing who he would work for. I understand Garrett, i'm sure he firgured on being the eventual head coach. But Zorn seemed to have it made in Seattle,why take that risk if you don't even know who you are working under?

I don't think Zorn knows who is the HC, he might have an idea, but knowing the way Snyder and Cerrato work Zorn probably doesn't know. Also, he comes for the $$ because we all know what talks and what walks...

I don't think Zorn knows who is the HC, he might have an idea, but knowing the way Snyder and Cerrato work Zorn probably doesn't know. Also, he comes for the $$ because we all know what talks and what walks...

Yep, 3 years, probably guaranteed knowing this team. And probably 2 or 3 ( or 4?) times what he's making in Seattle.

And now whoever agrees to be HC is probably someone who isn't that hands-on on offense. Otherwise he wouldn't agree to a job where he couldn't bring his own offensive staff.

This whole situation is getting stupid. How do you go out and hire a OC without having a HC in place. Who knows maybe good ol Danny will take pitty on us and make a move soon. I am still holding out hope that GW will be the man.

This just proves that Dan is in love with Jerry Jones. He's doing the same exact thing as the pukes did last year: Hiring Garrett (Who also was a QB & QB coach) first.

Their are only 2 obvious answers

Yes or No :D

If No

Means that The Skins would be following the Pokes formatt from last year hiring a OC that any new HC would have to agree to...

that would mean to me that it would narrow down you're already limited candidate list

Plus it would suggest that Zorn was a hot young candidate like Garrett was last season, and have ties with Snyder... but until this week Zorn's name hasn't been mentioned anywhere for any OC job, unlike Garrett that was getting pub as soon as Saban left for Alabama.

So that would suggest that Zorn was a man the next HC wanted ... so the Dan has the guy in mind to Hire

Now everyone says well if that is true, why haven't we heard anything yet. You would announce your HC before your OC if that was the way it is happening.... but the thing is nothing has been announced or confirmed by Zorn or the Skins... the confirmation came from an outside source that the Skins couldn't control... the Seahawks FO

So if the HC was set, and it was from a guy outside the Skins, chances are it would be leaked from his former team... which hasn't happened. That would suggest if it was an outside Hire... it would have to be someone not under contract... and that would say Fassel

But it could also mean that the HC choice was in house, and that would say Williams.

The Skins aren't going to say anything until they hold a press conference....

If they hold a conference to name Zorn OC, then the HC hasn't been hired yet... and GW is a long shot at best (or Fassel) and Maybe someone on the Giants or Pats is the leading candidate

IF the HC is known, then we won't hear anything about Zorn hire from the Skins until the press conference for the HC hire. Between now and then we hear of a confirmed DC hire... or search, then the odds on favorite will be Fassel

If no other major assistant coach hires before the press conference... it has to be Williams.

I think we will have a better ideal on the HC in about 4 days... The Skins will have a press conference by next Wednesday to announce something is my guess.. and depending on what happens between now and then, and whether the PC is for Zorn, or a NEW HC and Zorn will give us all the answer

so basically... I still haven't got a clue :)

To get out of Seattle.

I've lived in Seattle, and the chance to leave that rain sodden place came up I was half way to Virginia, before my boss had finished asking me if I wanted the job in Virginia. :laugh:

Over the year the DC area gets more rain then Seattle as we have longer and more terrential rain storms. BTW, Vancouver gets 4 times as much rain as Seattle.

Archived