Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Zorn know who the head coach is?

wunderhill

I find it hard to believe he takes this job without knowing who he would work for. I understand Garrett, i'm sure he firgured on being the eventual head coach. But Zorn seemed to have it made in Seattle,why take that risk if you don't even know who you are working under?

I think early front runner Jim Schwartz will be the HC when all is said and done. Reason being, Snyder wouldn't hire an offensive coordinator 2 weeks before hiring a head coach, I wouldn't think. I think Fassel was their initial choice, but after the backlash from that, and them not wanting GW as head coach, they'll hire Schwartz. I think they'll offer GW to stay on as defensive coordinator, and if he does, fine, if not, then either promote from within or go after someone like Ron Rivera in San Diego who led a good Bears defense not too long ago. Could also be a precursor to bringing in Lance Briggs, IMO.

Well he at least knows who he MIGHT be working for. I am sure Snyder told him everyone they're considering and so Zorn would have simply had to say that he's willing to work under any of them. I don't think he knows who the coach will be but he knows who it won't be.

Very good question that no one has posted. My guess is yes. Other than money, why would a QB coach that has lived in Seattle for the last upteen years take a position for 3 years unless he knows.

To get out of Seattle.

I've lived in Seattle, and the chance to leave that rain sodden place came up I was half way to Virginia, before my boss had finished asking me if I wanted the job in Virginia. :laugh:

I thought GW was the one that was the Lance Briggs fan :)
Rivera was the DC in Chicago from 2004 to 2006, during some of Briggs' best years. They say he was a system linebacker, and he was pretty good in Rivera's system, so bring that system to DC and get Briggs since Rocky will be shaky at best if he comes back this year.

This whole situation is getting stupid. How do you go out and hire a OC without having a HC in place. Who knows maybe good ol Danny will take pitty on us and make a move soon. I am still holding out hope that GW will be the man.

why does everyone forget that the cowboys did this last year and it turned out fine. As long as they hire the right guy at head coach and the scouting department and vinny draft well we could be alright next year.

Archived