Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's Fassel--Prediction (merged/Fassel misc.)

rtandler

Amazing that this front office cant do anything the normal way. They have a rare opportunity to change head coaches but keep a certain consistency in place and theyre about to blow that. Theyre about to hire a head coach that was such a bad offensive coordinator his best friend fired him and this year even KC didnt want him as a coordinator.

That sounds like a joke. Brian Billick did a terrible job coaching the ravens and you have the nerve to put down Fassel because of him. The reason the Ravens had terrible talent on Offense is because of Brian Billick never picking up good talent in all of years that he was there.

Fassel isn't even as bad as some of you are making him out to be. I'm not saying I'm crazy about the potential hire, but I wouldn't go all out crazy if it did happen.

I agree. Though he wouldn't be my first choice (or my 2nd, 3rd, or 4th for that matter), I think everyone is freaking out a little too much about it. I mean, the guy has had some success in the league in the not so distant past. He struggled his last year in NY and in Baltimore (when has Baltimore ever had a good offense) which is what is causing people to get mad.

If he is hired and fails, then that is when we can get mad and piss and moan. But to call it a failure before he is even officially announced as the HC is asinine in my opinion. Let the organization do their thing in the offseason and get a season under their belt before you get all antsy and talk about boycotts and revolts or what have you.

"That's why you play the games." Everybody needs to remember that quote before they rush to judgment.

Somebody has to be the first to make the call. You can choose to believe it or not.

Tandler's Redskins Blog

Link to the rest of the post.

You may be right being that Williams' has had so many interviews. I'm inclined to believe that he wanted to solidify his position as defensive co-ordinator regardless if a new head coach were named. he deserves that so that he can keep his staff in-tact. Joe Bugel deserves the same consideration, he really showed his coaching abilities.

Naturally, a new head coach wants to bring in his own staff. The players have adjusted, why would anyone want to disrupt that chemistry? I'm sure Faisal has great organizational skills, I'd be interested in seeing just "how much coaching" he would be involved with and who he would be bringing in. :(

So, I here Jim Fassel is on top of the skins wish list. This obviously has to be the dumbest mover ever! If Fassel becomes coach, Williams & Saunders will both leave. Thats a gurantee. That means, rebuilding the DEFENSE & OFFENSE all over again. New players, new systems. Its all crap. Joe Gibbs spent four years fixing this team, and now Danny boy and Vinny are just going to screw it up. JC will have his 5th system to learn in 6 years I believe. And what about the players??? Alot of them are here because of Greg Williams. Like London Fletcher. This team is like $20 million over the cap too??? I am a huge fan, I'll follow the skins wherever they take me, but the path there about to take is certainly the wrong one....

Way to go out there Rich... I really applaud you on your call.

If this is true not sure what I'm going to do. Joe Gibbs pushing hard for Gregg Williams, yet Snyder is going in his own direction (or so it seems). I have a hard time with what Snyder is doing to the current coaches and Williams. All of us are fans, yet only one of us gets to run the team. I always thought of Snyder as a decent, thoughtful fan and owner. However, hiring Fassel is insane if it were to happen. He's been churned as an NFL head coach. I'd rather have Jim Caldwell, Ron Meeks, Rex Ryan, Rob Ryan, Jim Schwartz, heck, even Al Davis than Jim Fassel. Fassel is a "name" but that's just like thinking Tom Cruise has drawing power... Fassel *was* a name.

It won't be Williams IMO or he would have been announced today as the new HC.

With Vinny becoming the GM (or exec. VP of whatever), I expect a new HC announced as early as tommorrow or by the end of the week.

If there is no HC announcement by the end of the week, it tells me DS and VC are either still trying to twist someone's arm or they're gonna wait to interview one or more of the coaching staff for the Pats and/or Giaats, like McDaniels or Spagnuolo. :2cents:

Fassel isn't even as bad as some of you are making him out to be. I'm not saying I'm crazy about the potential hire, but I wouldn't go all out crazy if it did happen.

Don't worry.

If Fassel is hired, they'll be more than enough reaction on this board to cover your part of going crazy. :)

That sounds like a joke. Brian Billick did a terrible job coaching the ravens and you have the nerve to put down Fassel because of him. The reason the Ravens had terrible talent on Offense is because of Brian Billick never picking up good talent in all of years that he was there.

I disagree, they had all the pieces in place, minus a QB. They thought they had that with a first round pick in boller, didn't come to fluition. They then thought mcnair (former MVP) could do it, it failed to. But to say they don't have offensive weapons is obsurd.

Jamal Lewis and Willis McGahee, Todd Heap (top 5 TE), Ogden (HOF), Mason at WR, are GREAT weapons to have.

Word has it that not only Fassel as HC but they are trying to lure Rex Ryan from Baltimore to pair with him. (According to NFL Network's Adam Schefter).

I wouldn't put topo much faith in Schefter ... he's been wrong a couple times on this issue already.

If Fassel is announced the head coach, I will scream at my TV louder than I have anytime this past season watching any Redskin game. It would be the biggest WTF moment in recent Redskins memory, IMO.

Seriously, why would they hire somebody who was so offensive as a coordinator, that his best friend fired him?

I'm hoping his name is just a decoy though, and he won't be the coach.

Archived