Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Radio: NO LEADING CANDIDATES!

2006Skins

Why do you both feel that we would be better off without Williams. Don't just say we shouldn't give him the job, give reasons that support you thinking this way or just don't post on this topic.
I am one of the one as well who doesn't want Gw, or let me put it another way there has to be a better option than GW...I was in Buffalo during his coaching debacle and know first hand what he was like...it was not a pretty sight...now that being said if he is the HC i will support him but i am hoping it is not him

It may just be that since Gregg Williams has such a big ego (at least that's what's been reported), Snyder doesn't want GW to feel as though he's being anointed head coach. Maybe he wants him to feel a little bit of pressure, and make him feel as though this isn't a slam-dunk.

Talk to any Bills fan or employee -- which I'm sure Danny did -- and you'll know why.

I wish people would stop with this Buffalo nonsense. Talk to any Browns fan and they'll tell you why the Patriots shouldn't have hired Belichick. I have a friend from Cleveland who's a Browns fan and he HATED Belichick. Well look at him now.

The BIG difference that people who bring up the Buffalo situation overlook is the fact that Williams was an OUTSIDER when he came to Buffalo. The players didn't know him from Adam and thus had no respect for him.

He is not an outsider to our team. They already know him, love him and respect him. Add to that the fact that he's worked side-by-side with our Hall of Fame coach for the past four years, and you have an obvious choice.

I wish people would stop with this Buffalo nonsense. Talk to any Browns fan and they'll tell you why the Patriots shouldn't have hired Belichick. I have a friend from Cleveland who's a Browns fan and he HATED Belichick. Well look at him now.

The BIG difference that people who bring up the Buffalo situation overlook is the fact that Williams was an OUTSIDER when he came to Buffalo. The players didn't know him from Adam and thus had no respect for him.

He is not an outsider to our team. They already know him, love him and respect him. Add to that the fact that he's worked side-by-side with our Hall of Fame coach for the past four years, and you have an obvious choice.

It is not non sense it is a fact in GW's past that cannot be ignored...i was there it was one of if not the worst coaching tenures in the history of the Buffalo Bills. And people saying it wasn't his fault his hands where tied, well i guess it wasn't his fault that his players hated him, he was a clown, bringing air horns to training camp, going through the training camp facility waking people up with an air horn...this is their job they know when the hell to be at camp... he lost the locker room early because of his ego and his way he treated his players...and that is just one of many examples of his awful mess he left in Buffalo...he was awful...AWFUL

so to just blow it off and give the typical Bill Belichek example doesn't apply...first of all he is not Bill Belichek, there is only one guy like him, and those types of coaches come around only once in a while

We can't go off Redskins radio to try and figure out who the leading candidate is. It's not going to leak any inside information or anything that might in any way look bad on the organization. They're not going to say I person has the inside track and then look stupid when he gets hired by someone else.

This is the same show where today Larry said that Phillip Daniels (who is among the top 5 worst against the cap) is a must-keep. Not a knock against Daniels, but no way we keep him unless he's willing to take a paycut.

Truth is, who knows what Snyder is thinking. GW was set up to take over when he was extended after 2005, has the support of the players, and has interviewed 4 times. Take it for what it is. But Redskins Radio or Redskins.com won't leak anything to us.

Come to think of it, the main argument to hire GW is because he has been here for 4 years, and went through the Sean Taylor tragedy with this group of guys. Bringing in an outsider is tough because that coach won't be able to understand what this group endured this year and build on that. That said, if there were one guy who might be able to pull it off I'd say it would be Mora. Reason being, he is known as a "players coach" (not exactly sure if anyone besides Parcells/Schottenheimer isn't), and when in Atlanta did his best to relate to the players in the locker room (sometimes going too far). Perhaps he is the right medicine for this team should Williams not be hired as HC.

Each time Snyder searched for a HC the names were bigger with each hire. Shotty, then JG. I can't see him taking a step backwards. That being said, possibly the next HC will have total authority just as JG had. Thus, the names of Cowher, Johnson, Vermeil and Carroll might make sense. All of these former HCs had or have stated that they would want total control of teams. Snyder would of course have his input, but if give us something to think about.

Thank you. Stop bringing up Buffalo every five seconds. What, a guy can't learn from an experience? Then sit at the feet of the master for four years? How can he NOT be improved? Come on.

I am one of the one as well who doesn't want Gw, or let me put it another way there has to be a better option than GW...I was in Buffalo during his coaching debacle and know first hand what he was like...it was not a pretty sight...now that being said if he is the HC i will support him but i am hoping it is not him
You don't think that he may be better suited now to coach then he was then? I would hope that he would have learned a lot in the last four season, especially working with Gibbs and Buggle. Plus, he already has ties and relations with this team and the players. That, IMO, could only serve him well.

Jimmy Johnson.

Talk about sticking it to Jerry Jones. I actually think Johnson would do a lot better here than he did in Miami.

Misinformation, thats the name of the game. They only let you know what they want you to know.

Great point. A lot of people forget the media are often pawns like us. They're used by owners probably more often than they get "scoops".

... Belichick.
That's the name. If you can't have Gibbs anymore, can't dig up Lombardi, who's the best out there? Can't imagine Snyder not at least trying to get the top prize.

Apologies to LB#43 for taking your quote out of context. I'm merely using your quote to bring up the name we should be going after. If it costs a draft pick or two, so what?

Big question is what current/former NFL head coaches or coaches live in Arizona? That seems to be the mystery question.

Here's a name no one has mentioned that has head coaching experience, and I believe he lives in AZ in the offseason: Current Redskins Assistant Head Coach Joe Bugel! Although I don't know why it would be kept a secret...

Buges would definitely give us continuity, but considering his age, we'd be going through this all over again in just a few years, win or lose.

I seriously doubt it was him, but it is a thought...

You don't think that he may be better suited now to coach then he was then? I would hope that he would have learned a lot in the last four season, especially working with Gibbs and Buggle. Plus, he already has ties and relations with this team and the players. That, IMO, could only serve him well.
It could, and if he gets the job i hope he did, but i still don't trust it...but if he does get the job i will support him and hopefully he and the team does well

Archived