Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins coaching process. Here you go.

Art

Meeks was to spend Thursday night in a guesthouse owned by Snyder and have a second interview Friday in what has become routine treatment for most of the candidates for the job, according to a person familiar with the selection process.

That takes away that Mora Jr staying at the Snyder guesshouse was as big of a deal as some (Schefter) made it out to be...

maybe caroll but you would think snyder learned his lesson. Although Caroll is way better than spurrier when it comes to organization and planning

Yeah, but Carroll wants all the personnel decision-making power too. Nobody will give him that. He likes his deal at USC and is dangling the only thing that will have him come back to the NFL. He won't get it, but he doesn't really care, I don't think.

Well, if the hire is ultimately GW, several conclusions can arguably be drawn:

1) they satisfied themselves, over the course of several interviews and doing some comparison shopping, that the reported/assumed pros (continuity, Gibbs/player backing, good X-and-O's) outweigh the reported/assumed cons (ego, sometimes prickly relationship w/ media, difficulties as HC in Buffalo) to the extent they were comfortable pulling the trigger.

2) they either had enough doubts to require two-plus weeks, and four reported interviews, to ruminate on and sort them out ... or ... they have just set the new standard for due diligence and/or giving the Rooney Rule its due. :)

3) there is reason to believe that Joe Gibbs' post-retirement advisory influence, assuming the widespread belief he recommended GW is correct, is indeed a real factor, at least for the immediate future.

There are many more, of course, but those three jump out at me first.

I wonder how much advice JG is dispensing at this point, given that he spoke about spending time with his family, one of whom is seriously sick. Additionally, NASCAR's Daytona speed tests are in swing, and he has a new stable of drivers to contend with. Just a thought.

I wonder how much advice JG is dispensing at this point, given that he spoke about spending time with his family, one of whom is seriously sick. Additionally, NASCAR's Daytona speed tests are in swing, and he has a new stable of drivers to contend with. Just a thought.

Well, at least up until the last day or two, he was reported to be in town and a regular presence at the Park. Heard I believe it was Bram on the radio on Wednesday afternoon saying he'd seen him there a lot. So if we're talking about "at this point," (or at leat up to THAt point) I'd say he's probably been pretty involved.

As to what happens going forward, your guess is as good as mine. My guess is that, like most things, his involvement with the will evolve over time. As his length of time away from the daily operations of the team increases, his input on such matters will naturally decrease.

No way to know, though. He and Snyder could turn out to be regular cell phone buddies for the next 20 years for all we know. Hell, maybe Joe will coax Dan into racing ... :)

Man, I wish I knew who the mystery candidate was. It may be completely meaningless, but it still bugs me we don't know who it was.

It was me. I agreed to remain quiet about the interview process for a week after.

Although very flattered to be asked, I withdrew my name from consideration after it was clear that I could not fire Vinny.

It was me. I agreed to remain quiet about the interview process for a week after.

Although very flattered to be asked, I withdrew my name from consideration after it was clear that I could not fire Vinny.

No wonder why it remained quiet, You wanted Betts as the starter :laugh:

didnt know ANYONE (yes even a billionaire) that would have a turret on their home in america...

Have several of them out here, in one size or the other. Even helped build one one time.

Snyder and vice president for football operations Vinny Cerrato planned to spend much of Friday evaluating their candidates. The owner was then to decide whether to invite any of the five back for another interview or whether to pursue other names on his list.

If rumors in the other thread are true, then there may not be any more interviews. We'll see this weekend.

I was thinking about GW and the 4 interviews he had.

What if GW doesn't want to be HC but he wants to stay on as DC with the 'Skins. So maybe Danny has been talking to GW about the candidates and finding one that will be able to work with GW? Or something along those lines...

Archived