Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Smith: Scientolgy teachings are 98% identical to Bible

WVUforREDSKINS

Yeah it's hard to believe that there is something out there greater than man, isn't it?

How foolish. :rolleyes:

Just because one doesn't subscribe to a particular religion, doesn't mean they believe there is nothing greater than man.

I'm an agnostic and I believe man is one of the lowest life forms on the planet.

Hell (or the Home for Infinite Losers) isn't so bad. You basically just sit around a little garden with other people while these two huge body builder types keep you from leaving. There's also a tree with powerful fruit growing on it, and if you eat the fruit you become crazy strong. Unfortunately, most people in Hell don't have mouths, having been reduced to tiny clouds and all.

I don't subscribe to scientology. Nor to I subscribe to (pardon the cliche that's coming) a lot of organized religion.

But I will say, that many will say that the devil lives in 98% truth. It's the other 2% that will getcha.

BOO!

That is actually a belief shared by many Christians

This is like arguing who is more unrealistic, the snorks or the smurfs. And if you say snorks you're a complete freakin idiot. I mean, the smurfs don't even have women accept smurfette and nanny smurf. Nanny is definitely past menopause and smurfette was created by Gargamel. So how the hell do they preocreate!?! WTF! :tantrum:

This is like arguing who is more unrealistic, the snorks or the smurfs. And if you say snorks you're a complete freakin idiot. I mean, the smurfs don't even have women accept smurfette and nanny smurf. Nanny is definitely past menopause and smurfette was created by Gargamel. So how the hell do they preocreate!?! WTF! :tantrum:

Asexually.

By smurfing. Duh.

I had a friend who knew someone who was a Scientoligst. She says it really is a cult and that she literally had to escape in the dead-of-night from where they were living.

It's a two-faced religion in the sense that there is the part for the celebrities that everyone sees and then there are those who aren't celebrities and are put in barracks and crap like that.

I am with everyone else I thought Will Smith was smarter than this.

I had a friend who knew someone who was a Scientoligst. She says it really is a cult and that she literally had to escape in the dead-of-night from where they were living.

It's a two-faced religion in the sense that there is the part for the celebrities that everyone sees and then there are those who aren't celebrities and are put in barracks and crap like that.

I am with everyone else I thought Will Smith was smarter than this.

From what I know of it, it just seems like a pseudo pyramid scheme disguised as a religion.

Not really. Given the mind-boggling number of stars and planets in the vast universe, it's a pretty safe bet that there is some form of something out there that we do not comprehend and that is greater than our species.

Extra terrestrials? :laugh:

Imaginery old dude who created the universe and gets jealous if we don't pay attention to him? :laugh: :laugh:

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bull**** story. Holy ****!

But I want you to know something, this is sincere, I want you to know, when it comes to believing in God, I really tried. I really, really tried. I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is ****ed up.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the résumé of a Supreme Being. This is the kind of **** you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently-run universe, this guy would've been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago. And by the way, I say "this guy", because I firmly believe, looking at these results, that if there is a God, it has to be a man.

No woman could or would ever **** things up like this. So, if there is a God, I think most reasonable people might agree that he's at least incompetent, and maybe, just maybe, doesn't give a ****. Doesn't give a ****, which I admire in a person, and which would explain a lot of these bad results.

So rather than be just another mindless religious robot, mindlessly and aimlessly and blindly believing that all of this is in the hands of some spooky incompetent father figure who doesn't give a ****, I decided to look around for something else to worship.

I've often thought people treat God rather rudely, don't you? Asking trillions and trillions of prayers every day. Asking and pleading and begging for favors. Do this, gimme that, I need a new car, I want a better job. And most of this praying takes place on Sunday His day off. It's not nice. And it's no way to treat a friend.

But people do pray, and they pray for a lot of different things, you know, your sister needs an operation on her crotch, your brother was arrested for defecating in a mall. But most of all, you'd really like to **** that hot little redhead down at the convenience store. You know, the one with the eyepatch and the clubfoot? Can you pray for that? I think you'd have to. And I say, fine. Pray for anything you want. Pray for anything, but what about the Divine Plan?

Remember that? The Divine Plan. Long time ago, God made a Divine Plan. Gave it a lot of thought, decided it was a good plan, put it into practice. And for billions and billions of years, the Divine Plan has been doing just fine. Now, you come along, and pray for something. Well suppose the thing you want isn't in God's Divine Plan? What do you want Him to do? Change His plan? Just for you? Doesn't it seem a little arrogant? It's a Divine Plan. What's the use of being God if every run-down shmuck with a two-dollar prayerbook can come along and **** up Your Plan?

And here's something else, another problem you might have: Suppose your prayers aren't answered. What do you say? "Well, it's God's will." "Thy Will Be Done." Fine, but if it's God's will, and He's going to do what He wants to anyway, why the **** bother praying in the first place? Seems like a big waste of time to me! Couldn't you just skip the praying part and go right to His Will? It's all very confusing.

And for those of you who look to The Bible for moral lessons and literary qualities, I might suggest a couple of other stories for you. You might want to look at the Three Little Pigs, that's a good one. Has a nice happy ending, I'm sure you'll like that. Then there's Little Red Riding Hood, although it does have that X-rated part where the Big Bad Wolf actually eats the grandmother. Which I didn't care for, by the way. And finally, I've always drawn a great deal of moral comfort from Humpty Dumpty. The part I like the best? "All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again." That's because there is no Humpty Dumpty, and there is no God. None, not one, no God, never was.

-GC

The truth is stranger than fiction....

One religion based on nothing quantifiable is calling out another religion based on nothing quantifiable.

:munchout:

Maybe I didn't look close enough, but I see several Christians saying Smith is wrong in his conclusion, a few posters (religious preference unknown) critical of Scientology, and whole bunch of atheists stereotypically throwing out insults at theists.

:whoknows: what do I know though, I'm just a crazy theist. And yes, I'll save you the trouble, cause I know the routine with your reply, you'll make some comment about not having any lions and me having a persecution complex etc etc ad nauseum and I'll :gus: a few times. :)

There are many top Scientists who are almost 100% convinced that we are in a computer program. I guess a much more advanced version of Simlife.

:whoknows:

The chaos here on earth must result from whoever is in control on the other end leaving the computer instead of controlling the "program" like he should. Kind of reminds me of when you play the Sims and stop paying attention to what they are doing. Everything just goes nuts and people are dying and being electrocuted and all sorts of crazy ****.

Maybe I didn't look close enough, but I see several Christians saying Smith is wrong in his conclusion, a few posters (religious preference unknown) critical of Scientology, and whole bunch of atheists stereotypically throwing out insults at theists.

:whoknows: what do I know though, I'm just a crazy theist. And yes, I'll save you the trouble, cause I know the routine with your reply, you'll make some comment about not having any lions and me having a persecution complex etc etc ad nauseum and I'll :gus: a few times. :)

1. How can christians claim with any credibility that Will Smith/Scientology is wrong when they cannot quantify their own religions within the umbrella of christianity?

2. Someone called scientology a pseudo-pyramid scheme but the same could be said of all other religions? Seems like all of the big wigs are living large while all of the worker bees are struggling to me. More money coming into the churches than going out..:D

3. I said nothing except that I am watching the back and forth so I am not sure why you are making all of these outrageous claims.

Maybe the athiests here find a little comedy in the fact that theists are arguing over who's unquantifiable beliefs are more legit?

:laugh:

:cheers:

Maybe the athiests here find a little comedy in the fact that theists are arguing over who's unquantifiable beliefs are more legit?

As an atheist, I would say that this is pretty humorous. Although, I will give Christianity a little more credit than Scientology. At least Christianity is based on the teachings of an actual historical figure, while Scientology is based on science fiction novels.

Archived