Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Smith: Scientolgy teachings are 98% identical to Bible

WVUforREDSKINS

I was using that as an example. See my post above. Obviously I don't think that the Crusades were the inital followers of Christ. And perhaps you can keep your mocking tone to yourself while people are trying to have a stimulating conversation.

How about you get the stick out of your ass, okay chief? I was agreeing with you, you schmuck.

How about you get the stick out of your ass, okay chief? I was agreeing with you, you schmuck.

Oh, apologies then rincewind. I obviously misinterpreted the tone of your last sentence. That's my bad.

How does that saying go?

You can take the fans away from the Eagles, but you can't take the Philly out of the fans?

Just jokes. :cheers:

Hey! I'm no Philly fan! :silly:

Oh, apologies then rincewind. I obviously misinterpreted the tone of your last sentence. That's my bad.

Hey! I'm no Philly fan! :silly:

Its all good. I was really trying to back you up and point out that you did not refer to the Crusaders as the first Christian. However, if you had, you would have been off by about 1,000 years. Whats a millenium between internet combatants? :laugh:

Where does it say that??? I've never heard that. Are you sure your not thinking of the heavens gate cult?

Nope, it's Nation of Islam. The ship is called the "Mother Plane". These excerpts are from an article in The Final Call, a publication of the Nation of Islam (so this is straight from the horse's mouth).

As you may know, the Honorable Elijah Muhammad repeatedly stated, as the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan does now, that Ezekiel’s vision of a wheel like plane is a reality today. It is up in the sky. This government, or certain persons in the government know this, but have worked as hard as they can to hide what they know from the public or at least confuse or blur the subject in the mind of the public.

and later...

At the end of the eighth chapter of Where Is The Honorable Elijah Muhammad?,written in 1995, I wrote:

"I interviewed Minister Abdul Rahman (of Georgia) for this book. That interview appears in full in Where is the Honorable Elijah Muhammad, Book Two. Meanwhile, in response to my question: ‘Have you ever heard him (the Honorable Elijah Muhammad) speak about the Mother Plane? What were among the most interesting things you ever heard him say about it?’

"Minister Rahman answered: ‘I think that the most interesting thing that stuck in my mind was that one minister—I can’t recall who he was—he tried to suggest to the Honorable Elijah Muhammad, that the Mother Plane might be a myth, or spiritual, a spiritual, something, that was not physical. And the Honorable Elijah Muhammad got quiet. His eyes got sharp. He stared at the brother and told him, ‘The Mother Plane is nothing to be played with, brother. It’s for real.’ That stuck in my mind for a long time. It’s still there.

"I can see the look now that he gave this brother. ‘Cause the brother was trying to—he had disbelief in the Plane. And he tried to ask the Honorable Elijah Muhammad was that just spiritual teaching, you know, about a spiritual thing that was not also physical. And the Messenger got quiet, and tightened his jaws and looked at the brother real sharp, and told him it was not to be played with."

Don’t fool yourself. It’s not reel. It’s real!

When the collection plate was passed around, if you didn't give, people looked at you and sorta snubbed you, not all of them, just some. No one wanted to be "that guy" who didn't give.

No one should or would ever say something to you, though.

That has never been my experience.

Personally, I have never dropped anything in the offering plate (I make any and all donations to wherever by credit card), and I have gotten nary a glance.

That has never been my experience.

Personally, I have never dropped anything in the offering plate (I make any and all donations to wherever by credit card), and I have gotten nary a glance.

Neither have I. I give bi-weekly, so every other week I put nothing in.

Nope, it's Nation of Islam. The ship is called the "Mother Plane". These excerpts are from an article in The Final Call, a publication of the Nation of Islam (so this is straight from the horse's mouth).

and later...

Like many things religious, it sounds like a metaphor. They don't say anywhere that it is orbiting saturn (as someone said) or orbiting anything.

I don't think they actually believe that there is a ship somewhere in space coming to save them.

Like many things religious, it sounds like a metaphor. They don't say anywhere that it is orbiting saturn (as someone said) or orbiting anything.

I don't think they actually believe that there is a ship somewhere in space coming to save them.

Except that the words were from Elijah Muhammed. Wasn't he the Founder of NoI?

And the Saturn thing wasn't NoI, that Riley Martin and the Coming of Tan.

O Qua Tanginn Wan. :)

Did you read the second excerpt I quoted? Elijah Muhammad, the second Supreme Minister of the Nation of Islam (succeeding W.D. Fard), is quoted in an official publication of the organization as specifically correcting a minister of that faith who tried to suggest that this was a metaphor, insisting that the Mother Plane was a real, physical object.

For that matter, did you read the first, where it is argues that the government knows about it, but is covering it up? Would the government be covering up a metaphor?

This is part of the teachings of Nation of Islam. No spin or bashing, here. Just the facts.

Did you read the second excerpt I quoted? Elijah Muhammad, the second Supreme Minister of the Nation of Islam (succeeding W.D. Fard), is quoted in an official publication of the organization as specifically correcting a minister of that faith who tried to suggest that this was a metaphor, insisting that the Mother Plane was a real, physical object.

For that matter, did you read the first, where it is argues that the government knows about it, but is covering it up? Would the government be covering up a metaphor?

This is part of the teachings of Nation of Islam. No spin or bashing, here. Just the facts.

Yea, I read it all. I saw no words that said "earth's orbit" "around saturn" etc. as you had claimed.

So, he's a conspiracy theorist. A plane somewhere that the government is covering up seems a bit more plausable than say, virgin births or the dead rising from the grave. Don't mean to insult at all, im just saying. All religions have there far fetched beliefs.

Yea, I read it all. I saw no words that said "earth's orbit" "around saturn" etc. as you had claimed.

I never said "around Saturn". What I said was "outside Earth's orbit", which technically makes no sense and is very vague anyway, as it could mean anything up to and including in another galaxy. :)

My point was simply that the Nation of Islam teaches that there is a literal spaceship floating around up there and which the government knows about but is covering up.

So, he's a conspiracy theorist. A plane somewhere that the government is covering up seems a bit more plausable than say, virgin births or the dead rising from the grave. Don't mean to insult at all, im just saying. All religions have there far fetched beliefs.

I'm going to borrow a page from the atheist's playbook and point out that events that are highly improbable before are just facts after. This is the case with the Ressurection. :)

In any case, there's no need to attempt to show me the error of my ways. I already said I don't judge other faiths on whether or not they propose "far fetched beliefs". In fact, I initially introduced the Nation of Islam as an example of a modern religion with unusual beliefs that I do not go after.

My point in doing so is that the reason I bash Scientology (and I do), is not that it is a modern religion with apparently wild, unusual beliefs (the Nation of Islam is about the same age, with about the same kinds of beliefs, and I do not bash them), but rather that Scientology is not a religion.

It is a scam, started by a guy who basically announced in advance that he was going to start a scam religion, and it is not a harmless scam. It is a scam which brutally ruins lives, both of its "enemies" (through dirty tactics and harrassment) and of its "friends" (by attempting to deny needed mental health care to troubled people).

My point in doing so is that the reason I bash Scientology (and I do), is not that it is a modern religion with apparently wild, unusual beliefs (the Nation of Islam is about the same age, with about the same kinds of beliefs, and I do not bash them), but rather that Scientology is not a religion.

It is a scam, started by a guy who basically announced in advance that he was going to start a scam religion, and it is not a harmless scam. It is a scam which brutally ruins lives, both of its "enemies" (through dirty tactics and harrassment) and of its "friends" (by attempting to deny needed mental health care to troubled people).

absolutely brutal summery of Scientology......which isn't a bad thing in this situation.....

The MORE I read about it ( over the past 3 days ) the more I think they guy was just as nutty as the followers.....

-----------------

Heck, the other religions of the world that AREN'T abrahamic in nature still have some substance to them, this just seems like a silly BAD SCI-FI flick on at 2am.

Archived