Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

special teams ends the season (merged)

Gart Monk

Punt coverage was OK. I believe Frost had two tackles which is never good. Punt return was stuffed deep all day. Kick return devastated by penalties and kick coverage left six pts on the table with the "muff" that never happend. The FG miss killed the only momentum of the game.

thoughts...

Special teams didn't end the season. Special teams ( not including punt returning) is a major reason why we made the playoffs in the first place. The offensive line was unable to handle picking up the pressure that the Seahawks brought and have been pretty much done the same all year. We'll get two guys back next year and maybe pick up an upgrade in the offseason and hopefully we can find ourselves deeper in the playoffs next year.

I cant imagine Danny Smith returning as Special Teams coach. Marv Levy is available, that would boost our coaching staff average age to about 75. lol. Seriously, there was nothing special ( Mix, Campbell, and Cartright, aside) about our Special Teams. We need help.

i dont give two craps about rock cartwright...that much I know.

Bite your tounge. The guy is a beast and cares a lot about the fans. He's a vocal leader. The guy fights his guts out every play.

ST was not great today. Punt Return coverage has been awful all year. KR has been consistent. There would've been 1 td run this year but Rock pulled a Quad at the 20. There was 1 blocked punt this year and 1 blocked FG.

Today it was bad. New kicker and punter may be needed.

nobody here said he didn't.

true....but rock and his returns were kinda lumped into the statement 'special teams ends the season'

so rock was the one bright spot of our special teams today. so lets not forget that part. rock was solid for the game, it was the rest of the team that was out of it.

FIRE THE SPECIAL TEAMS COACH!!! We bring new meaning to the term "special teams"

With the injuries to our starters, too many players were playing too many positions, including special teams. I am surprised that Randle El has made no impact what so ever returning punts. But, I think the fact that players are fatigued is a big issue!

Tough field position considering where they were punting from. Lack of O and stalled drives gave them position around 40 then the D would hold and give it back to us inside the 20. That happened a lot. I don't know how you could get a true feeling for ST's except for kick-off returns which weren't bad. The missed field goal was bogus but the whole team looked like a deer in the headlights.

Punt coverage was OK. I believe Frost had two tackles which is never good. Punt return was stuffed deep all day. Kick return devastated by penalties and kick coverage left six pts on the table with the "muff" that never happend. The FG miss killed the only momentum of the game.

thoughts...

I dont think you can say that at all.

My lord..........it was a team loss. The offense dropped so many......the defense let so many get away.

Rock ran his butt off tonight.

Penalties killed those runs.

nobody here said he didn't.

Dance.......the title of this thread is special teams ends the season Rock is part of special teams........he made several tackles and broke 2 very long returns. THAT was the reason for my statement.

No, calling that time out deep in the redzone (after we punted and got the ball back) killed any momentum we had going our way. Everything was at dead stop from then on.

That was when Mike screwed his assignment, correct?

Dance.......the title of this thread is special teams ends the season Rock is part of special teams........he made several tackles and broke 2 very long returns. THAT was the reason for my statement.

right. Teams. You failed to mention anyone else who played well or poorly, except for Rock. Wether you see it or not, it comes off like you are trying to defend him (seeing as how you guys are actually friends, which is damn cool) when he didn't needed defending.

Everyone with 1/4 a brain knows today he ran his ass off.

again, you made it seem like he was the only one. :2cents:

Archived