Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

9-8: I am so proud of this team. Props & thanks to Skins (MET... Merged)

Currahee

Proud of mediocrity? I demand better. THis team was coached awful, and some players did a half-ass job.

Guys I would part ways with:

1) Jason Campbell - think he's shown us he's not a legit QB in this league

2) Santana Moss- drops too many passes and it's reliable at all

3) Clinton Portis- fumbles too much and others can replace his yardage without the type of salary he gets.

lets just throw in Samuels, Cooley, Landry and Fletcher while you are at it?

idiotic

Well I was hoping I was coming to a thread with no negativity but I think it will be hard to find one with some of the fans that come to this board. Yes I am not happy and jumping for joy that we lost but it was a great turn around for us this year and we overcame some tough things as a team. Gibbs should not be going anywhere. I don't think anyone else could have coached us through the way he did. If we could find a way next year to play with the heart and emotion we did those last few games we can do some damage. Thanks for trying to start a positive post. I mean we could have been watching Minnesota play this week. Be grateful. Can't wait till next year. Go Skins!!

I was going to make a new thread but I guess it belongs here instead. Our season is over and I am strangely not upset by it.

I wanted us to win that game; we all did. It's clear Seattle wanted it more. Their defense played great. I thought we did some good things at the end but the INT put us away. I was pissed that Swishy missed the field goal too, but we had a chance to recover from it. Perhaps it was karma because the incomplete pass caused by Kerney(sp?) in the first half probably should have been ruled a fumble.

However, through all the trials of losing nearly the entire offensive line in the 1st game, our starting cornerback, and not having healthy offensive playmakers like Sanana Moss and Clinton Portis, we have shown a lot. Then comes the death of the best safety in the NFL. Our safety - Sean Taylor - rest in peace, Sean. The loss to Buffalo the following weekend and suddenly we are thinking we are all done. Go to the funeral, lay Sean to rest and 3 days later come and play the Bears. And win. And win, and win and win.

How can you NOT be at least a little bit proud or have at least a tiny bit of satisfaction of what the team has not only been through, but has been through and has persevered through? Most everyone around the world, including many ES'ers ended our season with the Buffalo loss, or before that.

I remember when almost everyone on this board, before the first pre-season game, said that going 9-7 this year would be great after finishing 5-11 last year. One guy even asked just for winning season. Guess what, you got it.

Mediocre or average, some will say. I say put any other team through what we have gone through this year and you will NOT see the same results.

Fire Coach Gibbs a few have already said. Why? Because mistakes were made against Seattle? It was hardly the sole fault of the play calling or any one person. I say put any other team through what we have gone through this year with a DIFFERENT COACH and you will NOT see the same results. Even if he was in the front office instead of on the field, I doubt the effect would be the same

We all miss Sean Taylor. Many of us even cried over his passing. He left a void in many of us fans. However, the people on the team were actually friends with him. They knew him and his family personally. Think about what they have had to go through this year as well, and how much harder it had to be on each of them.

In all, take solace in the fact that the team has had to endure pain and hardship, and has still managed to pull together for one helluva a ride to end the 2007 season.

To that I say, thank you to the Washington Redskins, for providing us with a grand ending to the 2007 season. And although it is cliche, I cannot wait to see what 2008 has in store for us!

HTTR!

Indeed. We got further than a lot of people expected and Joe Gibbs showed why he should be coaching this team. Most importantly, I think the FO is (FINALLY!) learning the "right" way to put together a football team. I think this club has a future. Hail!

Considering the division we play in, what the team went through, and how far they went my hats off to them for "playing their guts out". Thanks for another thrilling season. It's the first time the media and a large portion of the nation etc had positive things to say about our team. For that I'm grateful. This team has a heart and an identity. I expect big things next year.

It has been good. Outside the factors of injury and Sean's passing, if we could pinpoint our biggest shortcoming it's been coaching. The talent is there. Adjustments must be made in timely fashion and it's not happening. In Gibbs I that was a trademark. But all's not lost. There's a decent foundation to build on next year. I just hate that we had to get embarassed on the way out. Thanks for the effort, boys.

Like everyone here, I am sad we lost. But this season has been exciting to say the least. Considering everything that has happend this season, this team never gave up and we did make the playoffs again.

Thanks for the memories fellas.

how can you be proud of team that is expected to make the playoffs each year?

I'm basing this on the fa's they pick up each year.

I got it that this team suffered a player loss, but to say this team rallied around that is bull crap. This team lost the first game after Taylor's death, so when did the rally begin?

Don't use a person's death as a rally cry, because its not fare

this team was expecting to go to the playoffs, Gibbs needs to go thats the bottom line

I demand better.

LOL I love quotes like this. This team doesn't owe you or any other person on this board anything. For anyone to say the demand things or act like they are deserving of something is laughable. I could understand you wanting better results but the team has shown they are rebuilding. Playoffs twice in 4 years under Gibbs. Once under Norval and nothing more. So actually, you are getting what you "demand".

Proud of mediocrity? I demand better. THis team was coached awful, and some players did a half-ass job.

Guys I would part ways with:

1) Jason Campbell - think he's shown us he's not a legit QB in this league

2) Santana Moss- drops too many passes and it's reliable at all

3) Clinton Portis- fumbles too much and others can replace his yardage without the type of salary he gets.

Idiot. I don't know what other word can descirbe this post.

It has been a crazy ride this year. Thanks for the effort fellas. You could have quit during the middle of the season when most everyone (including some here) wrote you off. The tried and true who frequent this board didn't quit and neither did you. Thanks again for the lasting memories of the triumphs and struggles. To those who have recently joined the ranks of Redskin Nation, welcome you have become a part of the best fan base in the history of professional sports. Hail to the Redskins. Here's to success in 2008!

I'm SO proud of this team. We could of easily said the hell with this season after the death of ST. This team didn't only not do that, but won four in a row to make the playoffs. The team was SO emotionally drained that they just ran out of gas. ST will NEVER be replaced, but Landry is going to be a good one. Hopefully we can stay healthy next year and avoid all of what we went through this year. Going to the playoffs, two out of the last three years, gives me hope.

how can you be proud of team that is expected to make the playoffs each year?

Who (besides Skins fans) expect the team to go to the playoffs every year? Every magazine I pick up in the off season, every sports program or radio show has us finishing 3rd or 4th in the division before the start of the season. It's been that way for the last several years. And where did we finish this year? 3rd again. That is usually not the forumla for playoffs. It just so happens that we play in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL and we were able to win a few key games. This season has been an aberration anyway - any oher year a 9-7 team won't make it into the playoffs. It helped that the other three NFC 2nd place teams were 8-8.

Archived