Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

9-8: I am so proud of this team. Props & thanks to Skins (MET... Merged)

Currahee

PRe-season champs? Not sure who crowned them that or why you would think that winning anything in the pre-season is worthy of expecting the team to win the Super Bowl.

High priced FA's that haven't produced. Hmm...From your list, I would say that BLoyd is the only bust.

Santana dropped a couple tonigh but without him (when healthy) we would be nowhere near what we were. Randle El dances too much when returning punts but otherwise, what is your beef with him?

And Smoot asked to be released from his contract in Minnesota to come here. He was not a Free Agent, he actually signed for less money than he could have and his play has been nothing short of amazing every since Sean got shot.

So far, you haven't made your case, but I also would not expect you to since you obviously can only see the negatives about the team. To each his own, I suppose.

i think i have made my case, but you refuse to look at what i have inputted, so i would try again

randle el- when did he catch his first td of the season?

moss-when did he catch his first td of the season?

why is this question coming up frequently?

smoot-refurbished like an xbox 360 (first model). this guy leaves the skins comes back and still does nothing (except for the last 3 games of the season)

oh yeah, he is only starting because the other corner (the kid from Auburn) is out for the year

so with all of the money that was spent on these players, does their production remotely add up to their performance for the year?

oh yeah, i forgot you did answer lloyd's play

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Proud of mediocrity? I demand better. THis team was coached awful, and some players did a half-ass job.

Guys I would part ways with:

1) Jason Campbell - think he's shown us he's not a legit QB in this league

2) Santana Moss- drops too many passes and it's reliable at all

3) Clinton Portis- fumbles too much and others can replace his yardage without the type of salary he gets.

lol gtfo

i think i have made my case, but you refuse to look at what i have inputted, so i would try again

randle el- when did he catch his first td of the season?

moss-when did he catch his first td of the season?

why is this question coming up frequently?

smoot-refurbished like an xbox 360 (first model). this guy leaves the skins comes back and still does nothing (except for the last 3 games of the season)

oh yeah, he is only starting because the other corner (the kid from Auburn) is out for the year

so with all of the money that was spent on these players, does their production remotely add up to their performance for the year?

oh yeah, i forgot you did answer lloyd's play

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

What exactly have you "inputed"? That a hurt Santan Moss for most of the season has not put up the production that he has for his other 2 seasons here? If not for him, we would not have made the playoffs in 2005 either, or did you forget that? Randle El did what exactly besides not score any TD's? He was playing at a high level despite not scoring any TD's. When did ANY of our receiver's score their first TD this year?

Could any of their play been better? Sure. Could the QB they were playing with make better decisions? Of course. Aside from the Green Bay game how truly horrible has Santana's play been this year when healthy? Oh, since they make a lot of money they are supposed to be great even when hurt, or are not supposed to get hurt. I get it.

And again, Smoot wasn't signed to be a starting anything but he has been playing great since he has been starting for the "other corner" whose name you don't seem to know.

In any case, you missed the whole point of the thread(s). The pride in this team comes from what they have accomplished in light of what they have suffered. If you can't find even a little bit of satisfaction in that, then I am sorry for you.

I am proud of this team, with everything that has happened to them this year, we have exceeded my expectations. I wish we could of kept it going, but these guys fought their guts out all year and fought hard every game.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!! BURGUNDY AND GOLD FOREVER!!

Mad props to all of you that made the long trip out here. This is not the easiest trip to make and while we do have some Skins fans that live here, we certainly needed some more reinforcements in such a hostile environment.

Not the most fun place to visit in January. While I enjoy an opportunity to see my team make an unexpected trip out here, I'd rather see us get this game at FedEx one year and I can yell loud enough from my living room.

Have a safe trip back east or wherever you traveled far and wide from!

That would be Carlos Rogers!! :doh:

I think the biggest reason they lost tonight is because they were emotionally and physically drained. They couldn't get fired up enough.

I'm standing behind Gibbs and the coaches, and all of the players. Sure, there were plays you can point to and say if this happened or that happened, it would have been a different outcome. But none of that happened, and it's over.

I'm extremely proud of this team and the coaches, and I will wear my Redskins Jersey out tomorrow with my head held high.

No other team, and no other coach, could have come back like they did to make the playoffs.

Hail Redskins!

:applause: :point2sky

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!

Some very touching things were said on Comcast w/ Pedro Taylor and his conversations with players and coaches. This team battled through unbelievably adverse things, and it was nice to see them play as well as they did up until today considering all of the obstacles. For all of the things that went wrong today, it certainly will help these guys grow and learn what it takes to play at a post-season level. I couldn't be more proud to be a Redskins fan.

HTTR FOREVER!

Like everyone here, I am sad we lost. But this season has been exciting to say the least. Considering everything that has happend this season, this team never gave up and we did make the playoffs again.

Thanks for the memories fellas.

I am a lifelong Cowboys fan (since 1962) and just wanted to say hang in there guys.Some of my greatest memories have been Cowboy and Redskin games.To be honest I was pulling for you guys, just because of those memories.You guys had a tough year to say the least,and you as fans,and your team should be commended for the way you handled extreme adversity.Here's to you having a good off season.Hopefully next year we can both have a classic slugfest right down to the wire. I registered here after Taylor passed away to give my sincere condolences .By the time I was approved so many days had passed that it seemed Awkward.Anyways it was a terrible tragedy for you guys and I'm feeling ya'.Thanks for listening guys.Sincerely.

I'm so proud of them. What over-achievers! One and done in the playoffs! It's amazing how well we did!

Wait... don't we have the highest payroll by far and the most expensive coaching staff by far? And yet we have people saying we should be proud that our team played .500 ball and lost out embarrassingly after squeaking into the playoffs?

THIS TEAM SHOULD BE CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDERS OR IT SHOULD BE SCRAPPED.

Pride should be saved for those that accomplish. These people UNDERACHIEVED.

I was expectionally bummed watching this game. All of the problems, flaws, faults, and weaknesses we have endured all year reared up at some point during the game.

After watching Pittsburgh also lose tossing my playoff pool in the trash after the first day of the playoffs, I had a frosty beverage and cooled down. Afterward I reflected on the season as a whole and my expectations going in.

As I remember I thought we would wind up around 8-8 with plenty of heartbreak seeing as we were breaking in a new QB and many of our concerns from last year were never addressed. So I have to be happy with a 9-7 season and a trip to the playoffs, and the way in which our team came together and played so well after Sean Taylor's death makes me very proud. On the other hand I am angered at the number of games this team tossed away all year long.

At this point I am not sure if I am more impressed with Gibbs handling of the tragedy or deeply disapointed at the lack of focus, planning, and organization we see from this team. I am hoping he will come back and make the changes he needs to make next year, but right now I really can't help but feel disapointed at how the season ended.

Yes I'm proud, This is a group of guys you can root for and admire even when they lose. I thought they would pack it up weeks ago and win about 6 games but as much as I quit on them, they never gave up. I'm looking forward to next season. I laughed, I screamed, I jumped, I cried. It was a hell of a ride.

Archived