Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

9-8: I am so proud of this team. Props & thanks to Skins (MET... Merged)

Currahee

Thank you for a great season for me watch.. for what this team went thru with injuries & ST just to have the heart to play & make the playoffs they way they did was good enough for me. We had a chance in the 4th qtr and it just didn't work out. Just build off of this year and look forward to even a better 2008 !!!!

:applause:

Exactly, I am proud of how our backups did. The team in general showed it could go out and be something special. In the process I hope that JC has learned a lot as far as the system goes.

This team was off the hook the second the tragedy occured, everything since plus making the playoffs was just a thrill to watch.

What a run. Joe Gibbs earned an extension. Period. These people overreacting need to chill out and think about everything that happened to us all year. Injuries were a nightmare. The loss of Taylor alone was something that most teams would have crumbled over.

Hey folks, I know a few weeks ago I posted that I was done, but I'm a true fan and never really gave up; I even bought the jersey I posted about. Anyway, I think tonight proved something, these REDSKINS came through much more adversity than any other team in the NFL. I mean seriously, how would like to have been a Miami or Atlanta fan. They went through adversity, albeit not at the level the REDSKINS went through, and they buckled and tucked their proverbiale tales (no pun intended vick fans), and are now lookiing through the outdoor. We; however, are in good shape. Our players are young for the most part, hungry for the most part, and probably looking forward for what is to come. Please believe in them if you are a true fan.

This note comes from a high school coach who knows adversity (lost 8 seniors prior to the season) and only asked one thing from the players, that they play the game. The REDSKINS this year did just that, and now it's time to rest and hopefully let ST have an RIP himself. If you've read throught this thanks, and see you in a few months when the draft posts start coming through.

Hell yes. We fought this game out, and while the score may not show it, it was still a close game until about 2 minutes out. Redskins have a future, we have a some youth on our team, and more importantly, we have tough, character guys who are here to play ball. Some people may end up ripping on Moss, Portis, or Gibbs, who knows what will come out in the future, but we tried hard as hell, and we have done will this era of Gibbs. People seem to forget in his first run he had a good team coming in here with what Allen left him, this time he's building from nothing; doing a good job at that.

Mod's will edit this/ban or whatnot..

I'M ****ING PROUD!

This topic is nothing but the truth

**** the negative people, I am so proud of the Washington Redskins. Against all odds, clawing back and making hte playoffs, when someone went down, a young guy, or veteran guy, was quick to fill the spot

Making the playoffs, is a success. Im sad for the loss today, but their is defeinitly light at the end of this tunnel

Heres to a memorable season

RIP SEAN TAYLOR, we love you man

I've read a few negitive comments out there. People stop being selfish. We're all dissapointed the Skins lost but the Skins had a great run. They battled back from injuries and the passing of Shawn Taylor.

This could possibly be Gibbs's best year, maybe not coaching, but at being a leader and keeping the team together. (that's what he does best) He showed the team how to be a team. I think the free agents this off season would love to come and play for Gibbs.

The furture is bright for the Skins. As bright as it's been in a long time.

Hail to the Redskins!!

Very proud of these Redskin players and coaches. Massive number of injuries, tragic loss of their best player; and still they battled and distinguished themselves by making the palyoffs.

To a man these Redskins are all winners in my book.

First and Foremost:

-Congratulations to our winning season.

-Congratulations to our 2 playoffs appearances in 3 years.

-Congratulations to sticking together as a team and as a fanbase.

We all deserve a round of applause.:applause:

We have alot to look forward to in the offseason and next season. It looks like we have a talented pass rusher named Chris Wilson to complement the ferocious Andre Carter. We have a young talented D-line(did i really just say that?) and a potential replacement to the ageless special teams monster James Thrash in Anthony Mix. We have a young, spunky and talented safety named Laron Landry to step in for the legendary Sean Taylor. We have a young 1st round QB that has shown promise and poise in Jason Campbell and now a starting caliber back-up in Todd Collins. Stephon Heyer will start for this team in time. Lets face it guys and gals we have a promising future. So we may lose Rock Cartwright but that may give one of our young running backs in Marcus Mason and Nehemiah Broughton a chance to step up and take their game to the next level We have filled so many holes we have been complaining about over the last decade and now instead of filling holes, we put ourselves in a postion to upgrade via the draft and free agency. Once again, to everybody, Congratulations to a great season and I look forward to a great offseason!

Five weeks ago, I thought this was one of the most dreadful seasons(especially under Gibbs). Taylor gets shot and killed, lose the following game, and then lose our starting QB for the rest of the season. Couldn't get any worse right? These players and staff after all that pulled this team together for one of the best finishes to a season outside winning a superbowl. The effort that came from everyone was magical at times. I was cheering out loud again, after losing hope in the season. Made me so DAMN glad to be a "Skins Fan". Disappointed it's over, but happy overall. Just came up on the short end of the stick with Seatle. The guys really have something to build on, and be proud of.

Big Thanx!

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Who (besides Skins fans) expect the team to go to the playoffs every year? Every magazine I pick up in the off season, every sports program or radio show has us finishing 3rd or 4th in the division before the start of the season. It's been that way for the last several years. And where did we finish this year? 3rd again. That is usually not the forumla for playoffs. It just so happens that we play in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL and we were able to win a few key games. This season has been an aberration anyway - any oher year a 9-7 team won't make it into the playoffs. It helped that the other three NFC 2nd place teams were 8-8.

how about being crowned "preseason champs" each year. thats who is expecting this team to make the playoffs and win the SB. this team repeatedly goes out and buy all of the high price fa's each year. this team has the same results each year.

should i list the players that were high priced fa's and haven't produced to a higher or expected standard?

randle el

brandon Lloyd

Moss

Smoot (re-fubished)

how about being crowned "preseason champs" each year. thats who is expecting this team to make the playoffs and win the SB. this team repeatedly goes out and buy all of the high price fa's each year. this team has the same results each year.

should i list the players that were high priced fa's and haven't produced to a higher or expected standard?

randle el

brandon Lloyd

Moss

Smoot (re-fubished)

PRe-season champs? Not sure who crowned them that or why you would think that winning anything in the pre-season is worthy of expecting the team to win the Super Bowl.

High priced FA's that haven't produced. Hmm...From your list, I would say that BLoyd is the only bust.

Santana dropped a couple tonigh but without him (when healthy) we would be nowhere near what we were. Randle El dances too much when returning punts but otherwise, what is your beef with him?

And Smoot asked to be released from his contract in Minnesota to come here. He was not a Free Agent, he actually signed for less money than he could have and his play has been nothing short of amazing every since Sean got shot.

So far, you haven't made your case, but I also would not expect you to since you obviously can only see the negatives about the team. To each his own, I suppose.

Though we came up short today, I am satisfied with the Redskins 2007 season.

Earning a postseason berth after all we've been through is an achievement in itself. After the ST tragedy and the setback to the Bills, the Redskins could have easily mailed it in. But they didn't and bounced back with flying colors. And for that, I give the Redskins a round of applause.

I also give major credit to Todd Collins, who reserved his place in Redskins history by leading them to the postseason.

Now it's on to the offseason and I think things are only going to get better in 2008.

Hail to the Redskins!

Archived