Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who doubted drafting Laron Landry?

Slateman

I never doubted the guy. I actually took a wait and see approach.

The least the offense could have done was reward at the most one of his two picks! The kid hasn't had one all season and he makes TWO in a playoff game.

Kudos to him. He looked real disappointed on the sidelines. Next season will bring many more rewards. I hope....

I threw a fit in my basement when they selected him. To me, it made no sense. You already had Sean Taylor and had just gotten rid of a high price bust in AA. I thought it would have made more sense to go with D-tackle Amobi Okoye. I'm still not sure. Laron has played great but one reason he's making so many plays is because we can't get pressure on the quarterback. You have to be able to generate pressure with your front four if you're going to win in this league.

But Laron is a good player...and he can be great. We definitely could have drafted worse.

I for one don't like the Dirty 30 nickname. He is not at all a dirty player. Sure he has gotten a few penalties for being overly aggresive but he is young. I am thrilled with our decision to draft this guy and he is going to be a great safety for us going forward. Thank you Laron for showing up today and playing lights out!!!

I threw a fit in my basement when they selected him. To me, it made no sense. You already had Sean Taylor and had just gotten rid of a high price bust in AA. I thought it would have made more sense to go with D-tackle Amobi Okoye. I'm still not sure. Laron has played great but one reason he's making so many plays is because we can't get pressure on the quarterback. You have to be able to generate pressure with your front four if you're going to win in this league.

But Laron is a good player...and he can be great. We definitely could have drafted worse.

I agree, it was an excess of talent in one position despite dire needs in other parts of the Offense and Defense. Most teams would love to have one safety with the talent of Laron Landry. The Skins had two. Glad we have him now though. I don't think the Skins need to devote any further draft picks on safety. A better pass rush (how long have we been saying that?) will solve a lot of coverage issues. I'm hoping a monster DE or DT falls to the Skins.

Archived