Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who doubted drafting Laron Landry?

Slateman

I was at the draft day party on the field when they picked LL. You should have heard the boos. To be honest I didn't even knew who he was. One of the media outlet before the draft day said Wash. will go for LL. I was baffled by their choice. Good thing the coaches knew what they were doing. My hats off to them on this one. Hind site is 20/20 but foresight is 40/40.

Off topic -- I didn't watch the game (too scared) I noticed in one of Murf's photos Clinton on the ground in pain. Is he okay? What happened?

Without knowing better, I think he was just shaken up when tackled awkwardly. May have even been a dive to stop the clock, as we needed it at the time.

I hated the Landry pick, because of the DL needs. Like everyone, I'm glad he's here now. We still need a stud LDE, but I do like what Wilson has been giving us lately as a designated pass rusher ala Chris Clemons. I wonder if we could platoon him and Daniels another season, if we had to.

I for one don't like the Dirty 30 nickname. He is not at all a dirty player. Sure he has gotten a few penalties for being overly aggresive but he is young. I am thrilled with our decision to draft this guy and he is going to be a great safety for us going forward. Thank you Laron for showing up today and playing lights out!!!

The nickname will stick because it is awesome. Dirty or not, it sounds badass.

This is laron :cool: + :kungfu:+ :pimp: + :nutkick:. This is the opposition :ahhhhh: + :handicap: + :anon:

I never doubted Laron Landry knowing he would probably step right in and contribute. However I was big on Amobi Okoye. Knowing that Amobi Okoye had a very good season as did Laron Landry, I'm glad we have Landry. Especially with the loss of Taylor.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't doubt that Landry would be great, only that we had more pressing needs.

Even still, I would like to admit that I was ridiculously surprised by how quickly Laron developed right before our eyes. The way he seamlessly made the transition to free safety and almost won us the Seattle game single-handledly.

His nasty attitude and fiery play is exciting!

I didn't doubt that Landry would be great, only that we had more pressing needs.

That's exactly how I was. Now, I'm stoked that we made the pick. I love Landry and the #30 jersey is the next jersey on my "To Get" list. The guy's an absolute stud!

On another note, I love the "Dirty 30" nickname. It's not that he's a dirty player, it's that he gets down and dirty and makes the plays when they need to be made.

Dare I say it again... yes. I pushed and pushed the issue of drafting LaRon Landry, and everyone made me out to be an idiot. But, it's all good. He is one amazing player. I wonder who we pick up this year in the draft, hopefully OL or DL. I think it would be a serious mistake to take anything else.

I doubted the pick only in the sense that I thought D-line was a more pressing need (which I still feel was correct). I was all for Amobi Okoye. That said, Laron did even better than I thought he would and given the loss of Sean that nobody saw coming, #30 has turned into a blessing for us. It takes time and a few seasons to see who really would have been the best pick but I doubt anyone here feels that Laron won't one day turn into a fantastic safety.

Archived