Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who doubted drafting Laron Landry?

Slateman

I never doubted Laron Landry knowing he would probably step right in and contribute. However I was big on Amobi Okoye. Knowing that Amobi Okoye had a very good season as did Laron Landry, I'm glad we have Landry. Especially with the loss of Taylor.

Okoye was great a few games, but invisible most of them. I'd rather take Landry's solid but not spectactular over a 16 game season than Okoye's inconsistency.

Okoye was great a few games, but invisible most of them. I'd rather take Landry's solid but not spectactular over a 16 game season than Okoye's inconsistency.

Most definitely. Landry began his year with very consistent and efficient play, but near the end started to show himself as a very good ball hawking, hard hitting, play making free safety.

Despite our loss this year, we'll be set at that position for years to come.

:cheers:

I don't think anyone denied Landry's talent. We just felt DL was a much more pressing need. But looking back none of the DL available did much. Okoye had a hot start but cooled off(5.5 sacks on the year, only 0.5 after week 8). Jamal Anderson didn't have a single sack. All things considered, Landry was the right pick. I mean unless you wanted Adrian Peterson...

I believe the main issue was do we draft BPA at our position, trade up to get an impact player, or sit and take what falls. I don't think anyone was upset with the idea of Drafting Landry. I was on the CJ bandwagon for a while, then realized that it wasn't a smart move, and removing that I pushed for a DL player, but really, after Adams, there wasn't a player really worth it at our position. I'm not upset with Landry, wasn't then and am not upset now.

Never doubted Landry's potential, just didn't think at the time we needed to draft another safety. There were other glaring needs like a pass rusher and yes, even back then, a bigger WR. Heck, I would of took Brady Quinn for trade bait. I can't say there was anyone in the draft at DE that I would of took, so the FO made a good call.

Now, fast forward the clock to today, I'm glad we picked Landry. Those other needs are still there to address this year.

How about we don't praise individual players until they take us somewhere? Sure he played well.

At the end of the day the proof is in the win column.

You do realize that he made 2 interceptions in the playoffs and gave the offense a chance to win the game right? It's not his fault that they couldn't produce. For a ROOKIE to take over the safety position and play as well as he has is amazing. The proof is in his production, and he has been producing. It's not his fault the offense couldn't get it done.

Archived