Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Cotto is even slower at 154 but he did what he came to do last night. I think Punisher would punish him with height, speed, and range.

Edit- btw, Props to Arthur Mercante Jr. for taking it back last night and giving the champ a chance finish out the defense of his crown.

Edited by Chachie

Cotto is what he is. A good fighter, but not a great fighter. He'll beat guys like Forman who can't punch, but he'll get beat if he moves up in competition.

I think he is better than just "good" He is a hall of fame fighter in my opinion. The guy has only lost two fights...one against a guy with hard plaster under his gloves (shouldn't count as a loss) and one against one of the greatest pound for pound fighters in boxing history.

Cotto ducks no one.

I think he is better than just "good" He is a hall of fame fighter in my opinion. The guy has only lost two fights...one against a guy with hard plaster under his gloves (shouldn't count as a loss) and one against one of the greatest pound for pound fighters in boxing history.

Cotto ducks no one.

He'll get beat by Williams, Berto or Mayweather Jr. He could have very well lost to the light punching Chop Chop. Again, I think he's good, but not great.

He'll get beat by Williams, Berto or Mayweather Jr. He could have very well lost to the light punching Chop Chop. Again, I think he's good, but not great.

I agree that mayweather would beat him, but I think Cotto beats Berto. Not sure what would happen in the Williams fight...he hasn't impressed me lately.

I think Williams has all the tools, but he seems to be an undisciplined fighter who doesn't utilize his advantages of reach and height.

I agree GB, punisher seems to have peaked. He's successful more because he's a freak of nature as opposed to his actual skill level. I still think he beats cotto though.

I would love to see cotto vs. Berto. Cotto's pressure might bother berto, but I think berto's handspeed would give cotto problems

I agree GB, punisher seems to have peaked. He's successful more because he's a freak of nature as opposed to his actual skill level. I still think he beats cotto though.

I would love to see cotto vs. Berto. Cotto's pressure might bother berto, but I think berto's handspeed would give cotto problems

Cotto Berto could be similar to Cotto-Mosley....which would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

super six tourney continues tonight on showtime at 10pm(est) with Andre Ward vs. Allen Green

green has power, but ward will have entirely too much skill for green to deal with, particulalry if ward decides to fight southpaw.

I see Ward winning an easy unanimous decision tonight

Two things I'd change if I controlled boxing:

WEIGHT LIMITS

-above 250

junior, ..., super; lightweight, middleweight, heavyweight

ONLY 1 GOVERNING BODY

-Inspired by the World Cup, have all the alphabet champions in a round-robin: 3 for a (T)KO, 2 for a decision, 1 for a draw.

-Tiebreakers either extra fight or most KOs

Figured Ward would win the fight. Just didn't think he would do it so easily. Green didn't even win a round. That is just embarrassing. Would have rather have Lucian Bute in the tournament over Green. All the trash talk by Green and he did nothing. Hopefully, the next round in the Super Six Tourney is better. Thinking Abraham will KO Froch. That should be good. Dirrell and Ward should be good also. Don't care about Kessler/Green after that showing last night. May change my mind by the time they fight.

Two things I'd change if I controlled boxing:

WEIGHT LIMITS

-above 250

junior, ..., super; lightweight, middleweight, heavyweight

ONLY 1 GOVERNING BODY

-Inspired by the World Cup, have all the alphabet champions in a round-robin: 3 for a (T)KO, 2 for a decision, 1 for a draw.

-Tiebreakers either extra fight or most KOs

ACDub- You should throw a 225 in there. If a guy has to lose or gain more than 10-15 pounds, he's not fighting in his class IMO.

Maybe make 225 instead of 250?

Oh I totally agree that there should be a 250... and maybe a 275. I think nobody should have to fight anyone who's got more than 15-20 pounds over them. In the lower weight classes, you basically have to weigh exactly the same as your opponent. This doesn't apply to HWs, which I think is wrong.

I don't know, I don't want to have too many weight classes again. I think 9 is enough; that way, for all of them except the top 2, there's 15-lbs for each class, which is easier for most boxers. Plus, 9 is easy to remember: junior, regular, super; light, middle, heavy :)