Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Just reposting this here now because i've been busy in other forums with this.

Floyd Mayweather vs Shane Mosley Round by Round play by play

Judges: Adalaide Byrd, Robert Hoyle, Dave Moretti

Referee: Kenny Bayless

Round 1:

Mosley, wearing light blue and black trunks, jabbed early Mayweather stood his ground. During a clinch, Mosley fired three right hands to the body. Mayweather moved forward.

Mosley lands a lead left. Mosley jabs twice to the body. Mosley bangs to the body during the fourth clinch. Mayweather lands two right hands. Mosley slips after a miss and it's ruled a slip. Mosley lands a jab. They clinch a fifth time.

They trade jabs to the body. Mayweather jabs cleanly to the head Mayweather hooks twice to the head jabs to the head and misse with a right.

Round 2:

Mosley tries to rough up Mayweather during a clinch. Mayweather jabs and lands a right hand as Mosley retreats. Mosley can't find Mayweather until he lands two right hands that get his attention.

Mayweather hangs on after getting tagged on the jab and on the ear. Mosley lands another hard right that gets the crowd behind him. Mayweather smiles. Mosley shakes Mayweather with a right hand. They clinch.

Another right hand finds Mayweather. The crowd is chanting Mosley's name. Mosley fires a hard right to the body, but gets tagged with a counter-left hook. Mosley dances away. Mayweather jabs and lands a right.

Round 3:

Mosley is encouraged, but takes an early left hook. Mosley is in retreat, Mayweather comes with a wild right hand to the jaw. The crowd is chanting Mosley's name, but Mayweather's jab is dictating the round.

Mayweather lands a left and a right from a distance Mayweather is leaping in with his right hand. Mayweather lands a left hook and a right to the body.

Round 4:

Mayweather fires and lands the left hook, this, after having controlled the third round with his jab. The jab is working for Mayweather, who steps forward behind it. Another short left hook for Mayweather finds the mark.

A counter right by Mayweather lands cleanly, and still another snapped back Mosley's head. Mosley lands a right, but doesn't follow up. A jab and a right land for Mayweather as Mosley goes against the ropes.

Mosley's face is getting red from the jab. Mosley takes a right hand. Mayweather's deceptive punch potency is apparent, even on the last two jabs that he fires and lands on Mosley.

Round 5:

Mayweather leaps in and lands a lead right hand. Mayweather is warned by Kenny Bayless for hitting behind the head. Mosley is warned for low blows. The Mayweather jab, meanwhile, continues.

Mosley can't seem to find Mayweather anymore. Mayweather doubles on the jab and then hooks off of it and fires a right all of which land. Another right lands for Mayweather.

Along the ropes, Mayweather left hooks to escape danger. Mosley jabs twice but misses a right hand. They trade right hands, but Mayweather lands another right just before the bell.

Round 6:

Mosley had said that his left hand would be key, but he's loading up on the right and getting countered with Mayweather's left hook. Mayweather is countering and jabbing Mosley when he comes in.

Mayweather's snapping jab and defense are coming into play. Mayweather's jab is followed by a head-swiveling right on Mosley's jaw. Mosley's mouth is open. A three-punch combination finds the mark for Mayweather.

Mosley wants some get-back, but takes two more short right hands. Mayweather is boxing beautifully, landing a left hook to punctuate the round.

Round 7:

Mayweather is backing up Mosley with the jab and his right hand leads. It's the same when Mosley comes forward. Mayweather counters with his right hand when Mosley throws the lazy jab.

Mayweather hurts Mosley with a hard overhand right and then another. Mosley is in trouble. Mosley's mouth is agape. Mayweather retreats and still lands jabs. Along the ropes, a desperate Mosley tries hard but takes another right hand.

Round 8:

Mosley looked discouraged for the first time in the fight between rounds. The jab lands again for Mayweather. Mosley is warned by Bayless for an elbow. Mosley takes a hard right hand that snaps back his head.

The fighters are talking to each other. Mayweather lands another hard right behind the jab. He looks magnificent, even as the crowd chants Mosley's name. Mosley takes a right hand from Mayweather, whose back is against the ropes.

The jab and another right hand both land for Mayweather. The jab for Mayweather lands again. Mosley looks tired, his mouth open. Three straight jabs land for Mayweather.

Round 9:

The jab catches Mosley coming in on three occasions early. A fourth jab. A fifth. All landing for Mayweather. Mosley misses a wild right hand. Mosley's jab can't find Mayweather, even though he's standing right in front of him.

Two more Mosley right hands miss. Mosley's punches appear to have lost steam. Mayweather nearly lifts Mosley off of his feet with a counter right uppercut. A left right, left combination lands for Mayweather.

A lead right finds the mark for Mayweather. He's making it look easy. Mosley looks tired and worn. Mayweather lands a left and two, blistering right crosses just before the bell.

Round 10:

Mosley doesn't know whether to come forward or retreat. Either way, he gets punished. A left-right combination lands for Mayweather, and then another. A hard right finds the mark for Mayweather.

A short right uppercut gets Mosley on the inside. Mosley seems reluctant to go to the body for fear of getting tagged. Mayweather shakes Mosley with a right and has him wobbling. A series of blows by Mayweather is punctuated by a hard right hand. Mosley's face is puffy as he walks back to his corner.

Round 11:

Mosley tries to jab early, but backs up when Mayweather lands his first clean jab. Mosley is the one clinching. Mosley digs a right to the body. Mayweather is coming forward and jabbing.

A hard right lands to Mosley's jaw, yet again. A left hook lands cleanly for Mayweather. Another right lands over Mosley's jab. Mayweather looks fresh, while Mosley looks ragged. Mayweather is coming after Mosley.

A jab lands for Mayweather, who misses the right that followed. Mayweather catches Mosley with two more right hands and a jab. They trade jabs, but Mayweather lands a right hand before the bell.

Round 12:

Mayweather lands another potent right hand early. Teh jabs and the defense will not allow Mosley to land. Mayweather lands a right uppercut. They clinch. A left-right, left find the mark for Mayweather. Even on the ropes, Mosley can't find Mayweather. Mayweather hooks on an uppercut to end a magnificent performance.

Two of the ringside judges scored the fight 119-109 for Mayweather, and a third scored it 118-110. Mayweather landed 208 of 477 punches while Mosley landed just 92 of 452.

There are rumors that Mayweather’s next fight will be with Manny Pacquiao.

mosley-mayweather.tx.si.jpg

T1_0501_mayjedtall.jpg

Naazim Richardson Told the Story From Shane Mosley's Corner

Shane Mosley fought Floyd Mayweather Jr. hard for the first two rounds of their bout on Saturday night, then proceeded to be thoroughly beaten over the final 10 rounds. Through it all, HBO's microphones caught Mosley's trainer, Naazim Richardson, attempting to motivate Mosley to turn back into the fighter he was in the first two rounds -- and growing increasingly frustrated as Mosley failed to do so.

A fairly slow first round that consisted of Mosley and Mayweather mostly feeling each other out left Richardson saying, "Everything's good. Everything's good. Everything's good. I need you to settle down a little bit, that's all. Everything else is good. When you touch him he tries to touch you back, doesn't he? That's why I need you to add that feint."

After Mosley rocked Mayweather with one of the hardest punches anyone has ever landed on him in his career in the second, Richardson was obviously pleased. But it didn't take long for Richardson's mood to change when Mosley failed to capitalize on his momentum and turned in a lackluster performance in the third round.

"I don't want you second guessing yourself," Richardson told Mosley after the third. "Stay behind your speed."

Following the fourth round Richardson started to make some tactical instructions -- and to sound concerned that Mosley wasn't doing in the ring what they had been working on in the gym.

"I need you to tuck your chin down and put your hands in the middle," Richardson said. "We worked on that, Shane. Don't hesitate."

The fifth round was one of Mayweather's best, and it led to Richardson telling Mosley he needed to land punches in volume, rather than trying to load up for a knockout punch.

"I need you landing shots," Richardson said. "I need the 1-2-3. You're trying to get that big shot. That big shot comes down the road."

By the seventh round, Mayweather was in complete control of the fight, and Richardson was practically begging Mosley to change that.

"Show me something," Richardson said. "You've got to wake up for me Shane, alright? You can't depend on one big shot. ... You look like you're fading on me, man."

The most fascinating exchange between Richardson and Mosley came after the 10th round. The fight had become so one-sided in Mayweather's favor that Richardson actually threatened to throw in the towel if Mosley didn't do something.

"I'm not going to stand here and watch you take a beating, son," Richardson said. "I know you. I know you're cut from a different cloth. Don't make me do something I don't want to do."

After that Richardson told Mosley what he wanted from him: "Move the hands, step over and come back," Richardson said.

Mosley looked so exhausted that the instructions hadn't registered, so Richardson demanded, "Say it to me! I'm gonna move the hands, step over and come back."

Mosley repeated, "I'm gonna move the hands, step over and come back."

Said Richardson: "That's what I need! You ain't tired! I know you ain't that tired if you can repeat it!"

But Mosley sure looked tired, and heading into the 12th and final round, Richardson leveled with Mosley and told him he'd need a knockout to win the fight.

"This is it, man," Richardson said. "He's got to go. You've done it before. I need it now. This is what warriors do."

But Mosley didn't have anything left, and after the 12th and final round Richardson hugged Mosley and didn't say much of anything at all. Richardson had narrated his fighter's beating, and once it was complete, he had nothing left to say.

http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2010/05/02/naazim-richardson-told-the-story-from-shane-mosleys-corner/

:box:

Tonight on ESPN2, Beltway Boxer Seth "Mayhem" Mitchell co-headlines FNF.

Tomorrow night 9:45 on HBO is the Shane-Floyd replay, then my man Punisher vs. Cintron.

:box:

EDIT: An interesting read

EDIT 2: Check out Paul's cap :cool2:

paul_williams_dan_goossen_and_kermit_cintron_48928.jpg

I told him he's in DC, no Orioles caps :ols:

Edited by ACW

Did Cintron really have to dive out of the ring and was he THAT hurt?

He wasn't hurt, he probably got the wind knocked out of him. The fight was getting hot too. :mad:

He lost a lot of respect with that, I better hear it was a cracked rib or something. The guy was dancing and moving when they put him on the gurney.

It was reported by HBO announcer Larry Merchant that Kelly Pavlik will not take a rematch with Martinez because he is to big and can not make 160 pounds anymore. He also said that Martinez’s handlers do not want a rematch with Williams.
So what the hell's next for Paul?? Pac or Floyd? Edited by ACW

cintron was a bum. And just when the fight was getting good. Messed up my night.

He was pathetic. They claimed he wanted to return but laid on the floor like a person in a fender bender waiting for the ambulance chaser lawyer. His fall looked staged as well.

Paul didnt look good at all tonight

its criminal to have an 83" reach but never actually use it. he was hitting alot of air with his punches, and Cintron's not even that good defensively

might be time for Paul to move on to a new trainer. he aint beating Floyd or Pac with his current skillset. he's far too predictable