Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Brook actually did clinch more than Broner but the difference is Broner was clinching bc he didn't know what else to do. Brook was clinching as part of the game plan to control Porter's aggressive style. Brook definitely used some impressive footwork to create angles where Broner used, the little footwork he does have, very very sparingly. We saw Broner's movement in spurts thru out the fight but head movement and footwork is something Broner had NEVER been able to do consistently even @130/35. Broner doea show flashes of brilliance but he's waay to inconsistent and the bad far outweighs the good with him. If u watch Brook move around the ring, the feints, the footwork, the consistent jab, you'll be able to see he's a much better pure boxer than Broner.

Virtually every time they were in a clinch, Porter was punching to the body. Not sure what fight you watched, Rexx! Broner was the holder all night long.

• Like 1

Virtually every time they were in a clinch, Porter was punching to the body. Not sure what fight you watched, Rexx! Broner was the holder all night long.

Lol I'm not sure if u read my post wrong or took something out of context but u just confused the hell out of me...

• Like 1

If Mayweather insist on fighting Bertie or Mayfield, fine. But don't sit there and imply that guys like Porter or Thurman isn't quite worthy.

I said it a while ago and I'm hearing some boxers and trainers imply it. When was the last time Floyd fought a young, hungary black fighter?

If Mayweather insist on fighting Bertie or Mayfield, fine. But don't sit there and imply that guys like Porter or Thurman isn't quite worthy.

I said it a while ago and I'm hearing some boxers and trainers imply it. When was the last time Floyd fought a young, hungary black fighter?

Not sure there are any Hungarian-African American champions to fight  ;)

No but all jokes aside, while asking that question tho, you also have to ask yourself when has a young, hungry, black fighter been top 10 p4p and ppv worthy opponent??

Edited by Rexx1240

Fighters like Bradley, Devin Alexander and even Berto at one time were hot fighters. Fighters like Thurman and Porter are there now. I'm not saying that any of those fighters would have/will beat Floyd, but it would have been interesting to see him fight guys that could match his speed and movement.

Devon Alexander I can give you but he never really established himself as a potential opponent. He never really got over that hump. It's almost insulting to mention Berto, and why even mention Bradley when everybody knows the situation there..

Before Berto became a bum, he was a young, exciting fighter. He was young and had speed and power. I'm also aware that Bradley is a TR fighter. If Floyd wanted it, he could have made that fight easily. Definitely an easier fight to make than the Pacquiao fight.

But back to my original point. Floyd can't say that Porter or Thurman aren't ready and then turnaround and fight Berto(now it would be insulting) or Mayfield.

Berto was always an HBO hype job, if Mayweather had fought him over Marquez, Hatton, or Mosley he would've been crucified. Then Ortiz beat him in the FOY that year and Mayweather fought Ortiz.  

I'm hoping for Mayweather-Porter, Thurman-Spence and Broner-Maidana II on that September card.  Pair that with a Mares-LSC fight at the end of August with Canelo-Cotto in October and you have a stacked slate for the Fall.

It's easy to say Berto was a hype job now. You could probably say the same thing about Hatton and more recently Broner. And I don't remember people clamoring for Floyd to fight the smaller JMM or an aging Mosley.

JMM called out Floyd for their fight. Floyd screwed him on the catchweight and paid the fine. That fight wasn't competitive at all. As for Shane, Floyd called him out after a fight years before they actually fought. When Shane was questioned by Larry Merchant after his fight, Shane made an excuse about getting some dental work. They fought years later and it was competitive for 2 rounds. Floyd schooled Shane. Maybe this is a smokescreen about Berto and Mayfield. Floyd should just go ahead and unify all of the WW titles and fight Kell Brook. That's if the Brook vs Rios fight doesn't happen. I think Khan talked his way out of the fight. He just needs to STFU. He has been begging for this fight for years and hasn't had a significant & impressive win yet at 147 lbs. He's avoiding top WW competition, because he thinks he automatically deserves the fight. But whoever gets the call is gonna get a career high payday.

• Like 1

Was anyone clamoring for a Floyd-Berto fight? Honest question. I was never a Berto fan so maybe I missed the groundswell of support for him to fight Floyd.  

Khan is very annoying but I think Khan-Swift II might be a possibility at 147. We'll see if Swift's power can translate, he really wasted some momentum after beating Matthysse 

• Like 1

After the Pacquiao fight, I have absolutely no problem with Floyd taking a lesser opponent in September, but don't make guys like Porter and Thurman jump through hoops and then turnaround and fight someone like Berto or Mayfield.

And you mentioned JMM called out Floyd. Since when have Floyd responded to call outs? JMM was the smaller man coming up in weight. Easy money.

I agree with everything you said about Khan.

Was anyone clamoring for a Floyd-Berto fight? Honest question. I was never a Berto fan so maybe I missed the groundswell of support for him to fight Floyd.

No. Floyd is the one who said Berto is a possibility.

This is what I've been telling you guys. If he still fought like that, I'd be a fan like I was back then. Dude showed brilliance while whooping Gatti's ass. Now, he just simply out points guys.

That was at 140 where he still had a little pop to his game, not to mention he had not a single thing to fear from Gatti. Its a lot easier to cut loose offensively, when you're 7 steps ahead of your opponent. Floyd knows he can't hurt anybody at 147 or above and has altered his offense because of that fact.

You sure that was PPV? I could have swore that was an HBO fight.

Good for Kenny Porter. I hope he sticks to it.

that was his first PPV if I remember correctly