Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

At this point, I don't think it's really all that important for Floyd to fight someone that can draw. He's fought guys that weren't big draws before, plus the Pacquiao fight generated so much that it more than makes up for a low PPV number for the September fight. And let's be honest, is there anyone out there that Floyd can fight that could actually draw and don't forget, people were really left sour after Mayweather/Pacquiao.

Final details being worked for Danny Garcia's first fight @147. 8/1/15 against Paulie Malignaggi.

Also on a side note, I keep hearing ppl say Garcia was stripped of his 140 titles. They didn't strip him. He agreed to vacate which is something he hinted to doing months ago.

Edited by Rexx1240

If these guys are promoted right, in the next few years Crawford/Verdejo could be a super fight.

And Max keep saying this is Verdejo's HBO debut. I know he fought on HBO at least one other time.

Klitschko calls out Wilder. Says he thinks it would be a good idea to unify. Wonder if Wilder accepts the challenge. How does this fight play out??

Read somewhere that Wilder was a sparring partner for Klitschko a while back. So I'm sure he's a little familiar with him. Wilder fought a good fight against Stiverne, but regressed a little in displaying his skills against Molina. Probably just nerves, but he was a little too hyped up for bringing boxing back to Alabama. Gotta get back to the basics and fight smart if he gets a chance to unify with Vlad. Povetkin is the mandatory though.

Wilder still looks green. A lot of raw talent, but if he gets in there with Wlad, I don't see it going his way unless he can bait Wlad into a brawl.

Wlad the Holder? Wlad the Leaner? Wlad the Headlocker?

Don't get me wrong, I am a Klitschko fan but until the refs start enforcing some rules on him, he's not gonna lose. 

So Floyd isn't going to unify with Brook for #49? He hasn't vacated his titles yet, so I think this would be the best fight. Young undefeated champ vs old undefeated legend. Don't really wanna see Khan cause of his constant begging and not making a statement in any of his fights at 147 lbs.

GGG is asking for a beating. Funny, how he's talking trash now, but in the past when he and his promoter said they would fight anyone from 154 - 168 lbs, they made excuses for Ward and said he wasn't a draw. GGG got skills, but he's writing a check his butt can't cash against Ward. GGG is looking for a payday, that's why he was trying to get a fight with Floyd, Cotto, Canelo, Chavez Jr and Froch. Tomato cans don't pay much. Don't call folks out, unless you are gonna get in the ring with them. There should be no issues with HBO putting this fight on. Can't wait for Ward to whip this hyped up boogeyman, but HBO won't be happy. LOL!

• Like 1