Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

It's almost impossible to look good against Porters style, even when Brook beat him it was a ugly fight. He doesn't give you room to punch and he smothers his own punches. You can either hold or run or have a hellva jab to keep that type of fighter at bay, especially when he is stronger than you.

Brook was successful because he has some of the best footwork in the game. He angled away from Porter when he attempted to charge in. Porter is decent, but he's also a one-trick pony. You counter his bull-rush game and he's easy to neutralize. Broner fought as though he or his team never watched a single piece of footage on Porter.

• Like 1

So Smith missed weight yesterday, fined $45k. They let him step back on today, he's still the same weight smh, fined another 15k. Fight purse now from 225k to 165k. If this is his tactic for an advantage over Ward, it's a pretty costly one.

Not really making too many news headlines but after the fight Ward actually went and gave Smith all the money back that was taken from him for weight penalties. 

Pacquiao should have never slept with Paula's wife.

Lol. 

Do you refute anything he's saying??

Edited by Rexx1240

Classy move by Ward, but I wouldn't have done it. As for Thurman, he could/should fight on a Floyd PPV, if he has an opponent and can be ready by September. With that being Floyd's last fight, he will get a ton of exposure. Better get past Collazo first though. Thurman isn't a household name yet. He's ok, but he's feeling himself just a little.

I agree what Almost everything One Time said in that interview. Spence has room to grow let him fight a few solid fighters build his name and in a few years we may big big fight maybe even worthy of PPV.

Floyd can fight who he wants to fight but Berto or Mayfield I have no desire to watch that garbage. Khan is a good fight, Danny Garcia, Porter, or One Time.

Do you believe Pacquiao faked having rotator cuff surgery?

Manny had a shoulder surgery, but it was probably just a scope. Don't believe he could have fought with a torn rotator cuff and still move his arms and punch like he was doing, if the rotator cuff was actually torn. We'll never know the truth, because team Pacquiao told so many lies after the fight.

• Like 1

Manny had a shoulder surgery, but it was probably just a scope. Don't believe he could have fought with a torn rotator cuff and still move his arms and punch like he was doing, if the rotator cuff was actually torn. We'll never know the truth, because team Pacquiao told so many lies after the fight.

Exactly.

I do too some degree, I believe there was a a minor injury that he fought with for years but at some point needed surgery some where down the line. I think they are just using this time for an excuse because he He got schooled against TBE. He couldn't humble himself and take the L he needed a excuse and that's weak.

There was absolutly no huge tear in his shoulder he showed no signs of it. Even after the fight doing the post fight interview he never mentioned it, it was only when he went back to the dressing room to cook up that excuse.

I agree 100%

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

As for Thurman, he could/should fight on a Floyd PPV, if he has an opponent and can be ready by September. With that being Floyd's last fight, he will get a ton of exposure.

I agree but I'm willing to bet 3 month's pay that September 2015 isn't Floyd's last fight. He'd be crazy to be so close to that record only to walk away from it for no apparent reason. He's finish his contract after Sept so this allows Showtime and HBO to go into a bidding war for his services and the right to broadcast that magical number 50 (probably against Manny). Also he wants to solidify his legacy as much as possible, make as much money as possible, and do these thing as easily as possible. 

After Floyd becomes undisputed WW champ for the 1st time in his career this Sept, I fully expect he and Manny to do a rematch for Cinco de Mayo weekend 2016 in the new MGM arena opening Feb 2016.

Not really making too many news headlines but after the fight Ward actually went and gave Smith all the money back that was taken from him for weight penalties. 

Any word on who he's looking at next? It was against inferior competition, but as sharp as he looked, I don't think he needs another "tune-up" 

Any word on who he's looking at next? It was against inferior competition, but as sharp as he looked, I don't think he needs another "tune-up" 

He was said to be looking to go up to 175 for Ser Kov next year. I presume he'd need a tune up of some sort at that weight before taking a fight that big so I look to see him again later this year against somebody with a pulse @175lb.

This is unless somehow 3G talks his way into getting Ward later this year then I'll expect that to be @68

Brook was successful because he has some of the best footwork in the game. He angled away from Porter when he attempted to charge in. Porter is decent, but he's also a one-trick pony. You counter his bull-rush game and he's easy to neutralize. Broner fought as though he or his team never watched a single piece of footage on Porter.

I can see your very Knowledgeable about boxing, but that Brook fight was just as ugly as the Porter fight. Those angles your talking about barely exisisted. Brook held just as much as Broner if not more, its just the way Porter style is he forces you ino that kind of fight. The only difference Brook threw more punches and had a solid jab when Porter came rushing in at times. Both Brook and Broner landed the harder cleaner shots, Brook landed more.

I can see your very Knowledgeable about boxing, but that Brook fight was just as ugly as the Porter fight. Those angles your talking about barely exisisted. Brook held just as much as Broner if not more, its just the way Porter style is he forces you ino that kind of fight. The only difference Brook threw more punches and had a solid jab when Porter came rushing in at times. Both Brook and Broner landed the harder cleaner shots, Brook landed more.

Brook landed more because he made more opportunities for himself, and he wasn't simply looking to counter with one shot. Its hard to look good against Porter's style, but I don't recall thinking Porter/Brook was ugly. Broner made it worst because he had no viable gameplan, that wasn't the case with Brook. Porter/Brook wasn't a classic by any stretch, but I wouldn't label it ugly.

Brook landed more because he made more opportunities for himself, and he wasn't simply looking to counter with one shot. Its hard to look good against Porter's style, but I don't recall thinking Porter/Brook was ugly. Broner made it worst because he had no viable gameplan, that wasn't the case with Brook. Porter/Brook wasn't a classic by any stretch, but I wouldn't label it ugly.

Didn't see Porter/Brook but the Broner/Porter fight was hard to stay tuned in to. What kept me watching was the hope (against odds) that Porter would knock Broner out.

Brook actually did clinch more than Broner but the difference is Broner was clinching bc he didn't know what else to do. Brook was clinching as part of the game plan to control Porter's aggressive style. Brook definitely used some impressive footwork to create angles where Broner used, the little footwork he does have, very very sparingly. We saw Broner's movement in spurts thru out the fight but head movement and footwork is something Broner had NEVER been able to do consistently even @130/35. Broner doea show flashes of brilliance but he's waay to inconsistent and the bad far outweighs the good with him. If u watch Brook move around the ring, the feints, the footwork, the consistent jab, you'll be able to see he's a much better pure boxer than Broner.

I think it's just apart of his defense mechanism. Inside, I believe he's crying. He wanted to be Floyd so bad and now it's nothing more than a pipedream. It had to literally tear his insides out seeing Floyd leave the ringside area before the the scorecards were read this past Saturday night.

Edited by DM72
  • Like 1

I don't see the issue with him posing with guns at all, I don't see the relationship with the Charleston terrorist/hate crime massacre at all. People take pictures with guns all the time I have, I am pretty sure 1000s of others here have as well. Serious reach here, and on top of that he was just at a museum not that it mattered that he was at home but still.

That being said, If he wants to touch Floyd which he never will he needs to take his profession seriously, The great ones don't just train during training camp they stay in shape. Floyd does alot of things but he doesn't drink or do drugs and hes a gym rat constantly working on his craft. Broner is still young only 25 I believe so he has time to turn it around but he needs to start making changes quick. The GUN THING is a no issue at ALL and its terrible to bring up it up because Broner took a picture with a gun. Now if he was to take pictures posing with the confederate flag then yea but in this case no.