Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Yea this fight was basically a confidence builder for Angulo. He looked slow as molasses in there. The moment he steps back in there again against decent comp, it's not gonna end well for him.

Edited by Rexx1240

I respect the WBO's position about one fighter holding multiple belts and in multiple weight classes. But why try to back door Mayweather and allow Bradley-Vargas to fight for a vacant title that was never officially vacated?

Mayweather generally has no dealings with the WBO and they're pretty tight with Arum. They basically tried to save face for Arum bc as it stands right now, Top Rank fighters have ZERO belts to chase. Oh ****ing well! They're savior couldn't get the job done May 2nd so that's too damn bad.

I'm glad Mayweather's lawyers stepped in and got that extension granted. I don't think Floyd would fight to keep it and willingly pay the sanctioning fees unless he was planning to unify.

Of course I could be wrong but I'll call it now, Brook becomes #49 in September.

I know Canelo has been trying to move Mayweather off his money dates in May & September but hasn't had the opponent to do it. A Cotto-Canelo match up would pose a serious threat to Floyd's ppv #s this fall. Wonder how this plays out..

Hearing crazy news today. Everything seems all over the place. Don't be so sure about that Cotto-Canelo match up just yet.

So I'm hearing Khan is about 90% out of the picture as Floyd's Sept opponent bc of that bad outing against a supposedly much lesser opponent in Algieri. So what it comes down to is this:

If Floyd keeps that WBO strap, we'll see Floyd unify the titles in September. Meaning Kell Brook would get the call.

If he doesn't, there's a strong possibility we get a Cotto rematch for that 160lb strap.

If anybody is actually interested, I'll try to keep you up to date once I hear of any changes on anything being set in stone.

they might have to put Khan on suicide watch if Brook gets that call lol

I said the same thing last nite lol

Somebody just reminded me what I posted here a while back about Canelo being HBO's stipulation to Cotto for picking up the Geale fight. Cotto owes one more fight to HBO and it looks like it's going to be Canelo in the 4th quarter of 2015.

Canelo just has to put his ego aside and realize that Cotto is A-side. Fight should be pretty easy to negotiate.

I said the same thing last nite lol

Somebody just reminded me what I posted here a while back about Canelo being HBO's stipulation to Cotto for picking up the Geale fight. Cotto owes one more fight to HBO and it looks like it's going to be Canelo in the 4th quarter of 2015.

Canelo just has to put his ego aside and realize that Cotto is A-side. Fight should be pretty easy to negotiate.

I don't see an "A" side in that fight. Its 50/50, Canelo has established that he can get fans in the arena. Everything should go 50/50 for that fight.

I'll be interested in seeing the PPV numbers for that fight. Its been a while since we've a had a serious PPV fight that didn't include Mayweather or Pac.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1