Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/50-cents-boxing-company-goes-bankrupt-292092

Huge blow for 50 Cent’s boxing company SMS Promotions — TMZ Sports has learned the rapper’s company has just filed for bankruptcy. 50 started SMS Promotions back in 2012 … and signed some pretty big names in the sport, including then-undefeated champion Yuriorkis Gamboa, James Kirkland and Olympic medalist Andre Dirrell. But apparently, the boxing biz hasn’t been as kind to 50 as it has been to others like his pal Floyd Mayweather … because according to court docs obtained by TMZ Sports, the company filed for Chapter 11 on May 25th. In court docs filed in Connecticut, SMS says it has between $100k and $500k in debts. SMS just put on a fight in Connecticut on May 15th — though it clearly wasn’t enough to turn the company around.

Kinda sucks for his boxers...They all suffered bad losses in their first prime time boxing match under SMS.

I read the only reason he filed for bankruptcy was to protect himself from a sex tape lawsuit. Think about it, 50 Cent is worth way more than $100k-$500k.

He could invest more into it, he has the capital...smart to step away at this point though, as he can't really compete with the other promoters.

BTW, from what I understand he and May aren't really friends anymore.

Supposedly he's not gonna step away. He's filing bankruptcy then he's gonna take a 2nd shot at it with "better people on his team." Also he and Floyd are cool again as of the pass couple months.

Pualie and Mosley at eachother's throats on twitter about a potential matchup but I'm confused bc they are good friends. I guess they gotta sell this nonsense somehow. Any way, both in their prime I take shane by late tko and it's a no brainer. At this stage, I take Malignaggi in 12.

Really nice card in London tomorrow. 

Joshua v Johnson

Selby v Gradovich

Mitchell v Linares

Brook v Gavin

And then Khan v Algieri in New York. 

Predicting wins for Joshua, Selby, Linares, Brook and Khan.

Looking forward to it. Joshua is the real deal. 

Just rumors before but now I can confidently confirm that Cotto & Canelo are in the initial stages of negotiations. Who wins and why??

If we continue to see this new and improved "more aggressive & offensive minded" Cotto under Roach, then he wins by KO. Canelo is due to have his chin checked by a good boxer/puncher. I think Miguel will put it on him. If not, Canelo by controversial SD.

Cotto will not win if they fight in TEXAS. Fight needs to be in Vegas and not New York either.

Khan wins by UD tonight (8 rounds to 4). He will use his speed and experience to win. I expect Algieri to touch Khan's chin at least once with a well placed punch. Wanna see some good drama. I expect a lot of clinching from Khan once he gets tagged though.

Khan vs Algieri fight is tonight.

****!

Thanks for that heads up. Living in Ireland so I'm always capable of making a mess of reading these time differences. Presumed Saturday 2am was Sunday morning if ye know what I mean. 

Don't think Khan will get that stoppage tbh. Algieri will need to tag Khan early to get him to come out and fight aggressive. Comfortable points win for Khan. Something like 9 rounds to 3. 

Edited by Morrison J
  • Like 1

Khan's not just competing against Algieri, he's competing against Pac's performance against Algieri. Anything short of a stoppage is failure for Khan tonight.

Are you sure? If he looks like a terror tonight, does he fight himself out of a Mayweather fight? But if he looks good, but not devastating, does he have a better shot at landing that fight?

Are you sure? If he looks like a terror tonight, does he fight himself out of a Mayweather fight? But if he looks good, but not devastating, does he have a better shot at landing that fight?

Mayweather has no problem fighting him, it probably would have happened by now, but Khan keeps trying to take the "safe" route to the fight and looked uninteresting. Mayweather needs him to look like a terror to drum up serious interest int he fight.

• Like 1

The fight with Pacquiao did so good, I don't think they really care about the numbers at this point. I really don't believe he'll get a big number whoever he fights at this point. I think he wants a safe fight in order to cash in on a Pacquiao rematch next year. That's just my opinion.

The fight with Pacquiao did so good, I don't think they really care about the numbers at this point. I really don't believe he'll get a big number whoever he fights at this point. I think he wants a safe fight in order to cash in on a Pacquiao rematch next year. That's just my opinion.

Contrary to what many believe, of the short list of possibilities for #49, Khan is actually the safest of the bunch.

I wouldn't say that. I think guys like Matthysee or Danny Garcia would be safer. Matthysee has great power, but he's not particularly fast and Floyd would be able to stay away from him for 12 rds. Same with Garcia. Khan on the other hand has fast hands and has some reach.

I know Matthysee has called out Mayweather and Pacquiao. And Rexx, you know that either one of those guys could fight at 147. Now that I think of it, didn't Garcia call out Mayweather?