Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I left out another way Rigo was ****ed over in negotiations. Rigo holds the WBO 122lb belt. So in order to take this fight @126, he had to agree to vacate his 122lb title.

Once Rigo wins he'll put Arum completely out of business lol. Arum will be left praying that Terrance Crawford walks on water. Arum knows this, he knows full well he's taking a big chance even allowing this fight to be made.

Loma-Rigo fight off.

I was told Arum wanted no part of this from the jump. But I fig'd once he stacked the deck against Rigo like he did, he'd go ahead and push it thru as Loma had every clear advantage in his favor during negotiations. Then after Rigo agrees to all terms, Loma decides to back out.

I'm starting to lose a lil respect for Loma. Not sure if it's him or Arum but it looks bad that this seems like a recurring theme. This is the same thing that happened when Loma was in negotiations with Nicholas Walters (a fight that I would slightly favor Loma to win). The terms were there, all in Loma's favor, then at the 11th hour, reject the deal. It looks real bad on Loma. Taking all easy fights but ducking the actual names in the division. Waay too early in his career for this.

If it is him, then he's in the wrong sport. If it's not him but instead Arum pulling all the strings here, then I'm not surprised. Arum has definitely done this before and has been doing it for years.

Rigo has reached out to Scott Quigg for a fight later this year. Unclear if it will indeed happen as Quigg is in talks to fight Donaire. Rigo insists he's willing to fight him at @26 and will fly overseas to let Quigg get home turf advantage. I doubt Hearn feeds Quigg to the wolves as Donaire would be the easier fight.

Guillermo Rigondeaux continues to be one of the most avoided fighters in the sport.

Broner said to be back in the ring Oct 3rd so that means that undercard rematch is no-go. Heard Kenny Porter said they wont offer them enough money to make that happen.

Maidana will be back in the US next month to start training. He previously stated he "lost his passion for the sport" (coincidentally after 3 straight career pay days in a row lol) and is coming back to work with Garcia to see if he "still got it".

I've seen recent pics of Maidana. No way in hell he fights at 147 again without at least 6-8 months of hardcore training. He's huge!!

Glad Team Porter stuck to their guns and rejected the immediate rematch.

I'm glad the Porters stuck to their guns too. The promotion probably still wanted to give Broner the A-Side treatment.

"A-side" isn't about who's the better fighter. The person who brings eyes to the fight gets that designation. Porter is a decent fighter, but he's also largely forgettable. Broner is not a decent fighter, but people will tune in to see him catch a beating.

"A-side" isn't about who's the better fighter. The person who brings eyes to the fight gets that designation. Porter is a decent fighter, but he's also largely forgettable. Broner is not a decent fighter, but people will tune in to see him catch a beating.

Not anymore. As far as I'm concerned, Broner is nothing but a Mayweather wannabe. I agree, Porter doesn't have that "IT" factor, but neither does Broner. I will admit, he's good at making a fool of himself, but he doesn't have the resume to act a fool and act as if he 's an A-Side.

Not anymore. As far as I'm concerned, Broner is nothing but a Mayweather wannabe. I agree, Porter doesn't have that "IT" factor, but neither does Broner. I will admit, he's good at making a fool of himself, but he doesn't have the resume to act a fool and act as if he 's an A-Side.

To be fair, there are plenty of fights in which Broner would not be the A-Side. I'm just saying that against Porter, Broner is still the A-Side. In boxing, plain fighters get left behind and get the short end of the stick in negotiations. Broner is everything you said, a weak-minded, Mayweather wannabe, but he's still more "interesting" than Porter. Nothing about Porter's in-ring style or personality stands out.

Edited by StillUnknown

This is unofficial but word out of Garcia's gym is that Garcia asked Maidana to step on the scale and send him a pic. The scale read 209.4 lbs LOL

Chino was already one of the bigger WWs in the division but I think it's safe to say he can kiss the 147lb division goodbye.