Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

anyone of short of GGG was going to met with criticism

Now I'm not saying any of these guys would beat him, but Matthysee, Porter or Thurman would have been way more intriguing. I'm sure Erislandy Lara would have came down at a catchweight to fight him. As for GGG, Floyd should not have to fight a 160LB middleweight. Of all fighters though, why Berto? What has he done recently to get this opportunity ? If this fight was for free, that would be one thing, but to charge $74.99/HD is ridiculous.

With all that being said, Berto's going to give Mayweather a tougher fight than any of us expects.

Edited by DM72

intriguing yes, but they would have been criticized nonetheless. Why he chose the lowest hanging fruit in Berto, only he & Al Haymon know. I always remained skeptical of the CBS rumors, just didn't seem like it would be possible for the to meet his guarantee. Should be decent a gauge at how much the general public was really pissed off by the Pacquiao fight. 

If Berto gives him any fights its only because Mayweather has declined rapidly from the Pac fight. Berto's fight IQ could fit in a thimble, he will be clinically dissected. Mayweather might even be able to force a finish in this one.

Doesn't Matthyssee already have a fight lined up with Postal? Porter would be decent, but not sure what happened with that one. Berto just KO'ed a very game Josesito Lopez. Berto will make Floyd fight, but should be easily outboxed and possibly KO'ed.

You think he would have been criticized for fighting the hard hitting Matthysee or Porter(who ran right through his lil brother)?

yes because people are still bitter about the pac fight

Doesn't Matthyssee already have a fight lined up with Postal? Porter would be decent, but not sure what happened with that one. Berto just KO'ed a very game Josesito Lopez. Berto will make Floyd fight, but should be easily outboxed and possibly KO'ed.

Josesito been shot since they paid him to be executed by Canelo. I say that as a fan

• Like 2

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/8/9/9122529/james-toney-loses-to-40-year-old-club-fighter-in-missouri

James "Lights Out" Toney once seemed on his way to being an all-time great. Now 46, his pro career hit a new low on Saturday night, as he lost a 10-round decision in Saint Charles, Missouri, to a 40-year-old club fighter names Charles Ellis.

Ellis (10-3-1, 8 KO) is a native of Wichita, Kansas, who had lost two straight fights to Adam Kownacki and Ed Fountain, a couple of prospects early in their careers. None of Ellis' nine wins coming into this fight were worth much of anything, and he'd fit those nine wins into a 9-year-plus period between September 2004 and May 2014.

Scores for the fight were 99-91, 98-92, and 97-93, indicating that this fight wasn't even competitive.

Toney (76-10-3, 46 KO) recently did an interview where he said that he and Shaquille O'Neal are cousins. It was not the first time we've heard him with slurred speech, but it's definitely getting worse.

Man that video in the link is sad to listen to. Anybody who has a 15 second conversation with Toney would know he should not be anywhere near a ring.

Floyd Mayweather Jr's top 5 of all time:

5. Muhammad Ali

4. Julio Cesar Chavez

3. Pernell Whittaker

2. Roberto Duran

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr

This list is laughable, but everyone has a right to their opinion.

• Like 1

When he was asked about this, he was given a list of 10 fighters and he chose those 5. I don't know who were the other 5 guys on the list. The list isn't totally laughable, but really depends on the others. The order is questionable though.

Also, don't forget he's trying to promote this next PPV. I think the PPV numbers will have a significant drop than what we are used to for a Mayweather PPV.

I don't know who I would have at number one. Most experts say that Sugar Ray Robinson was the best ever. Some say Joe Louis. And Ali is universally called "The Greatest." It's hard to make an "all-time" list, but with all due respect to those greats, other than Ali, the other 4 are not top 5.

• Like 1

Thought I posted this the other day but just noticed I never pressed post. But a few very knowledgeable people have confirmed that this is highly unlikely with a tear as severe as what was claimed. I think we should see an MRI of some sort on the next 24/7 episode 1.

Edited by Rexx1240

And then this LOL:

"I'm fine. It's God's work. I never saw a doctor. I never did rehab. All I did was to swim in the sea as often as I could. The salt water healed my wound."

-Manny Pacquiao.

Quote from a recent interview Pac did with philstar.com

Interview also posted on Boxingego

This **** is beyond laughable at this point. Mayweather would have been getting brutally slaughtered if he were to try n pull some nonsense like this.