Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Lol...Hooper. Dude, you stole my thunder. I was just coming on here to post it.

This is HUGE!!! This man has came after Pacquiao for many years with absolutely no proof and now we finally get the fight everyone has been waiting for and it's HIM who test positive for a banned substance? Incredible.

DAMN, that was a long read! I don't like cheating, but the article is biased. It has been known (rumored) for a while that Floyd tested positive for 3 tests a while back. Hopefully, he's clean now, but you never know. He has the $$$ to have quite a few folks in his pocket to make stuff disappear. As far as the IV prior to the Manny fight, that is real suspect. Cheaters are gonna cheat until they get caught. Hopefully, the sport gets cleaned up, but it looks like it's going to be a while. If everything stated in this article is proven true, this puts a serious blemish on Floyd's legacy.

• Like 1

If this would have been Pacquiao. My Lord. Anybody who backed Mayweather would be dancing in the streets tonight. That article even gives a little credence to the swept under the rug rumor of how Floyd failed 3 drug test that were never made public.

He wants to clean up boxing. Whatever.

This is HUGE!!! This man has came after Pacquiao for many years with absolutely no proof and now we finally get the fight everyone has been waiting for and it's HIM who test positive for a banned substance? Incredible.

My favorite part of the story. I mean, the irony of it all --

"On Dec. 30, 2009, Manny Pacquiao sued Mayweather for defamation. Pacquiao’s complaint, filed in the United States District Court for Nevada, alleged that Mayweather and several other defendants had falsely accused him of using, and continuing to use, illegal performance enhancing drugs. The court case moved slowly, as litigation often does. Then things changed dramatically.

As reported by this writer on MaxBoxing in Dec. 2012, information filtered through the drug-testing community on May 20, 2012 to the effect that Mayweather had tested positive on three occasions for an illegal performance-enhancing drug. More specifically, it was rumored that Mayweather’s “A” sample had tested positive three times and, after each positive test, USADA had given Floyd an inadvertent use waiver. These waivers, if they were in fact given, would have negated the need to test Floyd’s “B” samples. And because the “B” samples were never tested, a loophole in Mayweather’s USADA contract would have allowed testing to continue without the positive “A” sample results being reported to Mayweather’s opponent or the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Pacquiao’s attorneys became aware of the rumor in late-May. On June 4, 2012, they served document demands and subpoenas on Mayweather, Mayweather Promotions, Golden Boy (Mayweather’s co-promoter), and USADA demanding the production of all documents relating to PED testing of Mayweather in conjunction with his fights against Shane Mosley, Victor Ortiz, and Miguel Cotto. These were the three fights that Mayweather had been tested for by USADA up until that time.

The documents were not produced. After pleading guilty to charges of domestic violence and harassment, Mayweather spent nine weeks in the Clark County Detention Center. He was released from jail on Aug. 2. Then settlement talks heated up.

A stipulation of settlement ending the defamation case was filed with the court on Sept. 25, 2012. The parties agreed to a confidentiality clause that kept the terms of settlement secret. However, prior to the agreement being signed, two sources with detailed knowledge of the proceedings told this writer that Mayweather’s initial monetary settlement offer was “substantially more” than Pacquiao’s attorneys had expected it would be. An agreement in principle was reached soon afterward. The settlement meant that the demand for documents relating to USADA’s testing of Mayweather became moot."

• Like 1

Lol...Leonard Ellerby is supposedly going to issue a press conference to deny all of this. OK.

And Stephen A is trying to turn this into a Pacquiao situation. Unreal. His boy has been exposed and all he have is "Look at what Pacquiao was doing to guys years ago." I'm really starting to believe dude is secretly getting money under the table from Mayweather.

Edited by DM72

It was fine when Pac was knockng people out cold. Floyd pointed out that hey this guy may be on something he needs to be tested. Pac avoided drug test all these years saying the commision doesn't require it. Now all of a sudden he faces a old Marquez who knocked his ass into sissy land, now all of a sudden DM wants to cry foul gtfoh. Pac had all the time in the world to offer drug testing hell its almost becoming a standard in boxing but nope he turned it down, it could only be good for boxing.

Where ya at Sick?

Those who bark loudest...

In talking to a few people heavily involved in the sport and also wisely doing some research of my own (instead of taking accusations as fact) I have come to the conclusion that you're gonna be really upset when all the details of this story comes to light LOL

In better news, Rigo has called out Loma on twitter which Loma himself then retweeted. Basically Rigo is saying his people are willing to pay Loma a $1.5M purse to make the fight happen. Both fighters agree that Arum is the one holding up another super fight.

• Like 1

In better news, Rigo has called out Loma on twitter which Loma himself then retweeted. Basically Rigo is saying his people are willing to pay Loma a $1.5M purse to make the fight happen. Both fighters agree that Arum is the one holding up another super fight.

That's a fight I want to see. Want to see Rigo challenged by someone who isn't scared to get hit. That's easy to say, until you get hit. LOL! I see Arum is still a problem.

That's a fight I want to see. Want to see Rigo challenged by someone who isn't scared to get hit. That's easy to say, until you get hit. LOL! I see Arum is still a problem.

Twice now these guys have locked down a potential fight date, twice they have been at the negotiation table, twice Arum has stacked the deck against Rigo, twice Rigo agreed to all terms, twice Arum has pulled Loma out of this fight. Let's hope 3rd time's a charm..

Nice try Rexx. You mean when Roid Mayweather and the USADA get their stories in order?

Just answer this. You once said Pacquiao's career is garbage. Is Mayweather's now garbage?

It's quite obvious that he and Haymon has absolutely no problem paying people off so why would anyone believe anything that comes from his mouth?

Edited by DM72

Nice try Rexx. You mean when Roid Mayweather and the USADA get their stories in order?

Just answer this. You once said Pacquiao's career is garbage. Is Mayweather's now garbage?

It's quite obvious that he and Haymon has absolutely no problem paying people off so why would anyone believe anything that comes from his mouth?

Lol I'll address this later tonight when I have a little more time in my hands. But I'm so glad you're having fun tho. Knock yourself out, it'll be short-lived my friend :-)

Lol I'll address this later tonight when I have a little more time in my hands. But I'm so glad you're having fun tho. Knock yourself out, it'll be short-lived my friend :-)

Lol...Yeah, right Mr Ellerbi. If this were Pacquiao, we would never heard the end of it. Now that it's Roid Mayweather, there's no way this could be true.

Like I said, from hearing the way money is exchanged, why would I believe anything that refutes the sbnation article?

First off, that statement is bull**** and you know it. Way to stir the pot tho. Your constant agenda pushing never ceases to amazes me lol.

I'll start this off with the statement made by USADA immediately after the article was released and the initial statement from Floyd Mayweather:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/398879-usada-floyd-mayweather-jr-issue-statements-responding-to-hauser-article

Edited by Rexx1240

Here is a tweet from someone who has recently been taking shots at Mayweather lately. This time acting as a voice of reason on twitter:

Shane Mosley @ShaneMosley_

"I'm not defending Floyd I'm just not gonna attack him with half facts and rumors. AND an IV don't win a fight."

Then this quote from the Bob Father himself:

"IV's are commonplace among fighters rehydrating before a fight. The real issue here is USADA and their shady practices. The only issue I see with Floyd is that maybe he should've stayed at 154 after the Cotto fight."

As the more details come to light, people will start to realize (except the salty, bias, agenda-driven ones) that Mayweather did what is common practice after a weigh-in. The truth will take time but it will come out eventually. As Virgil Hunter recently stated "There are powerful forces who will refuse to ever let this go until it's fully resolved." It's only a big deal because it's something he doesn't usually do. As stated more over and over the last day or 2, people are placing the blame more on the procedures of USADA than that of Mayweather.

USADA just recently decided to implement a band on the IVs. This new rule took affect July 1st, which means when Floyd took his IV a couple months prior to this rule going into affect, it was at that time perfectly legal. The UFC will now do 24/7 OSDT and have employed USADA to implement the testing procedures. A lot of the fighters were pretty upset about the new rule that they can no longer receive the IV fluids. 

Video link here:

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/07/thats-impending-doom-ufc-fighters-react-to-iv-rehydration-ban

Edited by Rexx1240

Ok now let's talk logic.

Mayweather passes test prior to the IV. What type of PED could Mayweather take or mask the day before that would actually have an affect on the fight?? Victor Conte (who has ties to VADA and publically bashes USADA every chance he gets) admits that PEDs takes at least 3 weeks to get into your system/blood stream and another week to actually have any affect. So on average, Floyd would've had to have taken PEDs at least 30 days out to have any affect on the fight. If he did take something after the weigh in or the day before the fight, it wouldn't have meant **** towards the outcome of the fight because there was no time for it to take affect. Also, there were no failed drug tests before or after the fight from either fighter.

Just to put things into perspective, 750mL of saline and vitamins is what Floyd took via IV. 750mL is roughly 25oz. The average water bottle is 16oz. So 750mL is about a water bottle and a half. That's about 2lbs of fluid (adding the weight of the dissolved vitamins). The avg human being intakes 2,000 - 3,000mL of fluids per day. An athlete could EASILY double that. When dehydrated it is recommended you give the patient 20-30kg. Floyd took 11kg, which means he would've needed to use another bag just to fall in the "doctor recommended" range. Also the IV was used after the weigh in, which is common practice in boxing. It's called rehydrating; much like Oscar did when he fought Pacquiao.

Edited by Rexx1240

One more thing. Where the hell is Paula Malignaggi?

Come on DM. You had to know Paulie was gonna shed some light and talk some sense into you clowns. 8 full minutes of logic on a subject many people are very much ignorant.

Edited by Rexx1240

Lol...Yeah, right Mr Ellerbi. If this were Pacquiao, we would never heard the end of it. Now that it's Roid Mayweather, there's no way this could be true.

Like I said, from hearing the way money is exchanged, why would I believe anything that refutes the sbnation article?

Pacquiao will never hear the end of it from fans because he brought it on himself. You constantly refuse more stringent testing procedures while you have the two closest members of your team arguing over "mystery shakes." All the while making constant bull**** excuses as to why you can't be tested (fear of needles, etc).

Also I'm not saying it can't be true, I'm saying we need more relevant facts before we jump to conclusions because from where I sit and a lot of experts have stated, USADA seems to be at fault here for the way they handled the situation, period.

Edited by Rexx1240

Firstly, if USADA was "on the payroll" as you constantly insiuate, then why even report the IV findings in general? Why not just turn a blind eye to it like you claim they did the "3 failed drug tests"?? Makes no sense does it...

Show me one post I've EVER made where Pacquiao's career was discredited for PED use...

I also went on record to retract the "garbage" statement and admitted it was overblown and out of spite BUT i still feel his career was/is overrated. I gave a multitude of reason why, PEDs was never one of them.

Edited by Rexx1240

First off, that statement is bull**** and you know it. Way to stir the pot tho. Your constant agenda pushing never ceases to amazes me lol.

I'll start this off with the statement made my USADA immediately after the article was released and the initial statement from Floyd Mayweather:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/398879-usada-floyd-mayweather-jr-issue-statements-responding-to-hauser-article

My agenda? I'm not the one who wrote the article.