Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=22390

BoxingScene.com has just learned that undefeated junior middleweight James Kirkland was sentenced earlier today to 24 months at federal court in Austin, Texas. The court shaved off 6 months for time already served, and he also will receive 100 days off for good behavior under the guidelines. When he reaches the point where six months are remaining on his sentence, Kirkland will go to a half-way house to begin training to fight again.

kirkland caught major break, he could've got alot more time

if he does all he supposed to do, he can get back in the ring in less than a year

Hopkins and Roy are in serious discussions, almost done. 50/50, 60/40 if the fight ends before 12. Obviously the winner gets 60

I've been waiting for this one to come out. I'm not going to but it though. i wish there were more fight fans on this board who lived in NOVA....I'd put together a fight night for all the pay per views

weights for saturday's HW title fight:

Vitali Klitschko: 252

Chris Arreola: 251

chris has talent, but no work ethic whatsoever. 251 is only 4lbs less than he was his last fight when he was ridiculously out of shape against Jameel McCline. he should never be above 245 and is probably best between 235-240. its sad, he gets a shot at a title, and it seems thats still not enough to motivate him to get in better shape

Vitali will end his night inside of 7 rounds

Edited by StillUnknown

chris has talent, but no work ethic whatsoever. 251 is only 4lbs less than he was his last fight when he was ridiculously out of shape against Jameel McCline. he should never be above 245 and is probably best between 235-240. its sad, he gets a shot at a title, and it seems thats still not enough to motivate him to get in better shape

That's going to be ugly.

I've been waiting for this one to come out. I'm not going to but it though. i wish there were more fight fans on this board who lived in NOVA....I'd put together a fight night for all the pay per views

I'm down if you ever get serious about putting that together.

I think BHop and Roy would be boring as hell though. Especially at this point in their careers.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I'm down :yes:

I think BHop and Roy would be boring as hell though. Especially at this point in their careers.

I agree....but I'd be willing to pay $10 bucks to see it. Phoward is always down for the fights. We get 2 more guys and it is only $10 each.

This looks like Lewis/Tua all over again. Klitschko is gonna put that jab in his face all night.

Well, it's pages and pages ago, but I remember writing after I first saw Chris Arreola fight, that he would get destroyed by the Klitschko brothers, either one. I said the same thing when the fight was signed. Last night, I was unfortunately proven right. America needs to look elsewhere for the next great heavyweight from our country. Dammit.

Well, it's pages and pages ago, but I remember writing after I first saw Chris Arreola fight, that he would get destroyed by the Klitschko brothers, either one. I said the same thing when the fight was signed. Last night, I was unfortunately proven right. America needs to look elsewhere for the next great heavyweight from our country. Dammit.

I thought he put up a good effort though. He has a lot of heart, and I'll give him credit for that.

He didn't want that fight to be stopped.

I thought he put up a good effort though. He has a lot of heart, and I'll give him credit for that.

He didn't want that fight to be stopped.

I agree, he did indeed keep trying to take the fight to Vitali but the point is that it should never have been started. There is no heavyweight talent in the US anymore. :(

i'm disappointed Arreola apparently only had one strategy of fighting

it was painfully obvious early in the fight that plan wasn't going to work. i kind of expect champions and those who hope to be champions to be able to show some form of adaptability in the ring

Arreola isn't that class of fighter