Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Thats a great fight. Big jump in weight for Gamboa though, Rios can be outboxed, but he's relentless. Fight of the year potential in that one.

it is a big jump in weight but gamboa walks around between 150 and 155 plus he started his pro career as a lightweight so i think he can handle it.

The big question is can rios get down to 135 and do so without being weight drained.

Just watched the HBO fights from last night, my thoughts:

1. Adrien Broner wants to be the next "Mayweather" type personality so much its sickening. That said, he has a serious & legit skill set. He won't see much competition at 130 because its a weak division, but he'll be a problem for alot of people between 130-140lbs. I wish he wasn't so annoying outside the ring because he has some real gifts inside the ring.

2. Devon Alexander looked the best I've seen him since he ko'd Urango a couple of years back. He looks well suited at 147, although I'd like to see him in with a real 147lb'er to get a true gauge. Don't know how far he can go, but there are some good fights at 147 for him.

StillUnknown, I have to co-sign on your take.

Both fights were pretty good. But both winners were dominant.

Broner does that stuff for show to me. I don't think he even takes himself that serious with that stuff.

I know its all for show, but he's just not good at it. Everything is so forced & rehearsed, it comes off as corny to me. I'd love to see him fight the winner of Rios/Gamboa, but with the Golden Boy/Top Rank cold war still going on, its not likely any time soon.

Just watched the HBO fights from last night, my thoughts:

1. Adrien Broner wants to be the next "Mayweather" type personality so much its sickening. That said, he has a serious & legit skill set. He won't see much competition at 130 because its a weak division, but he'll be a problem for alot of people between 130-140lbs. I wish he wasn't so annoying outside the ring because he has some real gifts inside the ring.

2. Devon Alexander looked the best I've seen him since he ko'd Urango a couple of years back. He looks well suited at 147, although I'd like to see him in with a real 147lb'er to get a true gauge. Don't know how far he can go, but there are some good fights at 147 for him.

I agree with you on both accounts. And speaking of Broner. That guy who brushes his hair need to grow a sack. How disgraceful.

Edited by DM72

I loved the fights on HBO this past weekend, that was very fun to watch.

Bronner was simply a superior talent to his opponent, I do agree the show he puts on is a good bit corny but its definetly more desirable to watch than Floyd being the biggest douche (and most fake person) in the history of the sport (for show or not). I do agree Bronner wants to be the next Floyd but I'm curious if he'll take a turn to be a "bad guy" or if he'll continue his simply flashy style that albiet corny does fit him well since he's already started it.

Alexander won me back as a fan of his, I really lost a lot of faith in his heart after the Bradley fight and then the Mathysee fight. I figured he was done and had peaked, he certainly proved me wrong and won me over during the fight when I got to witness Maidona attempting every shady move in boxing to try and get Alexander out of his element and it simply did not work and he beat him like a drum.

It was a very enjoyable night of boxing, hope there will be many more to come.

Mayweather is such a piece of ****. He says that Pac will never get a 50-50 split and that's why the fight will never happen. How are you not going to have a 50-50 split for that fight. If anything Pac would bring in more money because he has more fans domestic and international.

Mayweather is such a piece of ****. He says that Pac will never get a 50-50 split and that's why the fight will never happen. How are you not going to have a 50-50 split for that fight. If anything Pac would bring in more money because he has more fans domestic and international.

Mayweather is such a clown. How can anyone still back him is beyond me.

• 2 weeks later...
He's said to has signed with "Mayweather promotions". Whatever that is.

That's the rumor cause he's friends with mayweather and he's been working out in his gym but I don't see how

It could be true cause he's still under contract to top rank for two more years.

That's the rumor cause he's friends with mayweather and he's been working out in his gym but I don't see how

It could be true cause he's still under contract to top rank for two more years.

There's got to be something to it because he's missed two press conferences to promote his next fight. Obviously someone has gotten in his ear. De La Hoya made a statement last week that he was gonna have big news that would shake up the boxing world. I believe this could be it.

holy ****

that was a classic fight

nothing but respect for Orlando Salido & JuanMa Lopez, 2 warriors.

Salido just a notch above

---------- Post added March-10th-2012 at 11:55 PM ----------

now JuanMa is taking a **** on his reputation by claiming he was "dominating the fight and the ref only stopped it because the ref has a gambling problem."

---------- Post added March-10th-2012 at 11:57 PM ----------

Wow, Judges had JuanMa winning at the time the fight was stopped.

What in the **** where they watching?

Glad Salido got the finish, he was about to get robbed in Puerto Rico.

Edited by StillUnknown

Wow, Judges had JuanMa winning at the time the fight was stopped.

What in the **** where they watching?

Glad Salido got the finish, he was about to get robbed in Puerto Rico.

It's sad boxing is so corrupt that Salido needed a knockout. He kicked Lopez' ass. Lopez looks like a fool blaming it on the ref. His head was a bobblehead.

That was an awesome fight. Too bad Juanma had to act like a baby and complain about the ref's so-called gambling issue. That was crazy. His lack of defense and getting caught up in a brawl is what caused him to lose the fight. Salido was killing him. Glad Salido got the TKO, because those judges scores were crazy. NO WAY Juanma was winning the fight.