Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

HBO Boxing tonight decent lineup

Rodriguez vs George

Martinez vs Macklin

I'm watching the 1st fight now and its actually pretty entertaining, pretty much a grind it out fight with Rodriguez showing a bit more skill thus far (finished 8th round)

I'm guessing that Macklin gets KTFO before 4 rounds are through but mainly because I know nothing about him except he's European, mainly British that they're dubbing Irish because of his name and the holiday.....mainly to sell seats and fans will not be upset when he's blown out....just a guess though we'll see how it turns out soon

---------- Post added March-17th-2012 at 11:31 PM ----------

Martinez getting all he can handle with Macklin......very impressive job thus far and good to see Buddy McGirt back in a larger fight

Close fight all the way up till about 9th/10th round....Martinez showing much better stamina and sharp punching still late in the fight start of the 11th now

I didn't think it was going to go much longer after the beating he started to give him around the 10th.....he had a killer shot at the end of the 11th leading to two total knock downs

Overall Martinez looked as though he didn't take this fight serious enough but he did figure Macklin out (head movement) and once he did it was a systematic breakdown in the later rounds once Macklin had basically worn down through punches and overall work on his behalf.

Great fight though and highly entertaining towards the end

Edited by ClemsSC7Skinfan

I'm not surprised another bull**** call by a ref has happened in Texas.

Worst commission by far in sports.

---------- Post added March-24th-2012 at 10:58 PM ----------

and 1 judge even had Kirkland winning on scorecards. :wtf:

Edited by StillUnknown

LOL, I don't necessarily blame the ref since it is a Texas rule and it looked as though he was told the decision had to be made after he finished his count. He even said (from what I could hear) during his count "1...2...3...4...5....you've got to be ****ing kidding me....6....7...8"

So I think he just had to do it. I'd blame Texas and karma, I personally think Molina fought a fight he had to in order to win but what a chump way of fighting in general. He held waaaaaaayyyy to much, he did go in with his head ALOT and while it was/is a good game plan it's pretty dirty and karma bit him in the end. I feel nothing for him and wasn't really dissappointed in the outcome. I don't know if you noticed or not but he even held when the ref was trying to break him and James apart after he was startled in the 9th and was using the rope to buy more time. If there was a way both guys could lose it should of happened, Kirkland would of been beat otherwise.

I think if any judge has a card like the lady did tonight for Kirkland she should be stripped of ever judging again because there is simply no excuse, however, boxing wont and Texas will still be a joke and MMA will take another step forward.

On the other hand looking forward to seeing if Morales has another epic battle in him tonight.

They're charging $44.95 for Marquez/Frechenko? This fight shouldn't even be on PPV and they want that much? Outside of the Mexican community, who's gonna order this fight?

Mexican fight fans are large and loyal, thats probably the only people they expect to order so they jacked up the price to still make money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It's fight time. Who ya got, Cotto or Mayweather? And what's the deal with ESPN2 scheduling a fight the same night?

I think Mayweather. I want Cotto. Tired of Floyd being a chicken****.

(And no. I WOULDN'T say that to his face.) :ols:

It's fight time. Who ya got, Cotto or Mayweather? And what's the deal with ESPN2 scheduling a fight the same night?

You could count the amount of people who still watch fights on ESPN on two hands.

I expect Mayweather to win a wide unanimous decision. I'd be shocked if he managed to stop Cotto at 154lbs. Otherwise, Floyd's speed, defense, & countering ability will be too much. When Cotto fough Yuri Foreman a while back, even though he took a beating, Foreman landed that straight right hand cleanly far too often. The straight right hand is one of Floyd's most effective weapons, I expect to see Cotto tagged with it regularly.

Shout out to Golden Boy Promotions for putting together an absolutely ****ty undercard.

Edited by StillUnknown

I honestly think the only thing that would intrigue me about tonight is the trunks that Floyd's going to wear.

Side note, I was watching some Tyson clips last night on youtube, and you forget how short he was. Never really looked like he had much of a jab, but once he went inside he was an absolute taker of souls. I always wonder how different things would've been for him had D'Amato not died (at least earlier in Tysons career), and he didn't lose to Buster Douglas.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Cotto has a puncher's chance but he better look to use it within the first 3-4 rounds because I full expect him to be frustrated by the end of the 4th, gassed by the end of the 7th, and ready to go in the 9th.

Cotto has always had stamina issues, is working with a brand new trainer, and is going up against someone who is probably the most crafty of fighters of his generation.

Mayweather by UD (by a wide margin)

Edited by NoCalMike

Nothing would make me happier than to see Mayweather lose right before he has to go to prison. I like him as a boxer but he's so damn annoying.

That being said, I'd be *shocked* if Cotto pulls this one out, thinking TKO in the 10th.