Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I guess if you guys just want to ignore what Manny himself said and simply quote crazy ass Bob Arum...

No one has any problem with Manny. We have a problem with Arum. And he is the reason this fight has not happened. If Manny doesnt speak up and demand this fight, he is becoming just as much of the problem as arum is.

No one has any problem with Manny. We have a problem with Arum. And he is the reason this fight has not happened. If Manny doesnt speak up and demand this fight' date=' he is becoming just as much of the problem as arum is.[/quote']

Right, I'd put the majority of the blame on Arum at this point, but Mayweather's people have had their own issues and walked away from the fight before mid-negotiations and scheduled other fights. It's not just because Arum is hard to deal with, it's because they didn't get everything they wanted also.

Roach pushing hard for Pac-Mayweather - http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/7458704/freddie-roach-pushing-hard-manny-pacquiao-floyd-mayweather-fight

I know different people will take different things from the article, but I posted it mainly because of the end. I'm glad to see someone in Manny's corner calling out Bob Arum, who is responsible for the flood of "excuses" out there.

This part mainly :

Ultimately, Roach said, there have been too many excuses on both sides. He said the reason this fight has been hung up for so long comes down to the animosity between Arum and Mayweather's adviser, Al Haymon, and Golden Boy, the promoter Mayweather works with.

"It's ridiculous that two grown men can't do business together," Roach said of Arum and Haymon. "It's like they both want to take their ball and go home. F---- it, it's business. They just need to drop the issues they have with each other and negotiate. This is not personal, this is business. Golden Boy is part of that equation, too.

"People are starting to go the other way and not care about this fight because it's taking so damn long to make it. You've got to do it soon. I think it's at its peak. It's definitely time."

OK. Then why don't Floyd give Pac/Arum "absolutely" no more excuses and tell them he'd be willing to fight Pac in late May. He does that and Pac/Arum find an excuse to not fight, they'd be no question on who's ducking who.

Kahn, like Marquez, have acted like a couple of b*****s in defeat. Erislandy Lara got hosed 2 times worse than both of them combined against Paul Williams but you didn't see him whining about it.

Edited by DM72

If what Floyd said in that interview is true then Bob Arum is one dirty dude which we already knew but he's crazy. Floyd said one of them investors is giving Arum 30-40 million to step aside and they will take control. That's your temporary stadium money right there, that money should go to the fighters, so Mayweather get 40 million, PAC get 40 million and Arum gets his 40 million LOL.

If that's the case Mayweather should get 30-40 million more too make it fair. Arum is Pacs guy so that mean even if they split then they are getting almost 70% of the pie.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

Kahn, like Marquez, have acted like a couple of b*****s in defeat. Erislandy Lara got hosed 2 times worse than both of them combined against Paul Williams but you didn't see him whining about it.

Lara did whine, justifiably so, its just that nobody outside of boxing diehards cared.

Edited by StillUnknown

If what Floyd said in that interview is true then Bob Arum is one dirty dude which we already knew but he's crazy. Floyd said one of them investors is giving Arum 30-40 million to step aside and they will take control. That's your temporary stadium money right there, that money should go to the fighters, so Mayweather get 40 million, PAC get 40 million and Arum gets his 40 million LOL.

If that's the case Mayweather should get 30-40 million more too make it fair. Arum is Pacs guy so that mean even if they split then they are getting almost 70% of the pie.

At this point, can you really believe anyone? Everybody is too stubborn for their own good and the only thing anyone seems to be interested in is to make the other guys look bad.

---------- Post added January-13th-2012 at 07:34 PM ----------

Lara did whine, justifiably so, its just that nobody outside of boxing diehards cared.

I don't remember Lara acting the way Kahn and Marquez did in defeat. I'm sure he thought he won, but Marquez demanding that Pac admit he loss and Kahn crying about the referee is taking it to another level.

Edited by DM72

At this point, can you really believe anyone? Everybody is too stubborn for their own good and the only thing anyone seems to be interested in is to make the other guys look bad.

---------- Post added January-13th-2012 at 07:34 PM ----------

I don't remember Lara acting the way Kahn and Marquez did in defeat. I'm sure he thought he won, but Marquez demanding that Pac admit he loss and Kahn crying about the referee is taking it to another level.

He did alot of the same stuff. Complained to any media member that would listen, filed claims to the commission, but nobody cared because he doesn't move the needle.

Yeah, if the Mayweather fight falls through (at this point that's what I'm expecting) then I'm with you....Bradley or Peterson would be more intriguing to me. I have don't have a lot of interest in seeing Cotto again, but even less in another JMM fight. I guess Cotto has risen back up the ranks a bit since he got his revenge fight over Margarito.

Top Rank CEO Bob Arum confirmed a report by the Filipino TV network ABS-CBN that Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. had a telephone conversation on Wednesday night (Thursday in the Philippines).

Arum said that he was told on Thursday morning that the two fighters spoke.

"Mayweather called Michael Koncz to talk to Manny, and Michael Koncz put Manny on the phone," said Arum. "Manny said that they have to resolve the date and other issues, and other things are happening."

Neither Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer nor Leonard Ellerbe, CEO of Mayweather Promotions, could be reached for comment.

Pacquiao told the Filipino TV network ABS-CBN that his conversation with Mayweather "went O.K., the talk about the negotiation proceeds forward," adding, "I said that the 50-50 was approved and there’s no problem. Anytime. It’s in your hands. We’ll just wait if it’s O.K. with you."

Arum said that Mayweather and Koncz had been talking privately for weeks.

Mayweather apparently initiated the call and it sounds like he is trying to bypass Arum almost to get the fight done. Hopefully it works out

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/7480500/floyd-mayweather-jr-places-telephone-call-manny-pacquiao

Mayweather: "50/50 Split Ain't happening." That's the most glaring statement in this article and if I were Pacquiao, as soon as he said that, I would have said, "**** You" and hung up the phone.

I"m shocked...

You guys crack me up by the way, everyone knows if Manny had come back with "Yeah, May 5th is fine, 50/50 split, cya there" that Mayweather would have started ****ing about the money saying he wants it 60/40 his way. He's already tried this before...

It was really obvious he would try it.

Other than the De La Hoya fight, if you look at their ppv numbers over the past few years they're pretty close. It's just another thing for Mayweather to talk about.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/7480500/floyd-mayweather-jr-places-telephone-call-manny-pacquiao

Mayweather: "50/50 Split Ain't happening." That's the most glaring statement in this article and if I were Pacquiao, as soon as he said that, I would have said, "**** You" and hung up the phone.

Reason #257 I've washed my hands with that fight.

That statement says all you need to know about Floyd. :(