Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

23 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I registered for a betting site last night and almost put $150 on Thurman, but punked out at the last minute. Last night was a reminder of how little I know about boxing. 

Yikes!

I registered for one a few weeks back. I took 3 L's on fight night.  One for betting on Thurman to win, another by TKO/KO, and lastly on the slots and roulette tables.

Vegas saw me coming and took my lunch money too. 😭

Thought Thurman's youth, power and boxing IQ would be the difference, especially after all that trash talking he did. I was wrong! Good fight though and crazy atmosphere. 

• Sad 1

I thought Thurman wasted the first 3-4 rounds simply trying to time Manny for a big counter punch. 

Once he started actually boxing he turned the fight around but by that time he was down on the cards too much and needed more than points to win. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I was close t putting big money down on the Eagles to win outright in SB 52. The conclusion led me to believe that I should stay as far away from betting as possible.

The Heat are currently sitting at 25/1 to win the East.

Just wanted you to know that...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Terrible. I was just talking to people about the in the past boxers would walk out of the ring and look normal and then end up dead a few days later or mentally inacpacitated.

Just happened with Dadashev. RIP to the homie and peace be with his family. Horrible

When Buddy was pleading with him to let him stop the fight, Dadashev was still shaking his head no. That fight really didnt have any major moment where it was super obvious it needed to be stopped. No one super heavy shot, just a sustained attack to the body and head. When he stumbled a little bit after the 11th, thats when they made the call to stop it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 6:46 PM, StillUnknown said:

Oleksandr Usyk is a damned savage

ko of the year type ****

so much high end talent boxing right now, i'm enjoying these years so much

Surprised more people aren't talking about this guy.

Just one mention of him in the whole thread.

He looks like he could be the next big thing.

He's supposed to move up to HW soon I think, too...maybe a fight in October.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Surprised more people aren't talking about this guy.

Just one mention of him in the whole thread.

He looks like he could be the next big thing.

He's supposed to move up to HW soon I think, too...maybe a fight in October.

Usyk is one of my 2 or 3 favorites going right now. Cruiserweight has delivered damn good fights theast decade, but is largely overlooked as division as a whole. Probably due to the fact that the better fighters have been foreigners and most fights take place overseas, making it harder for US fans to watch.

I would pick Usyk over every HW right now skill-wise, its just a matter of how he handles taking a punch at that level.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Anybody hyped for Errol "The Truth" Spence Jr vs "Showtime" Shawn Porter tomorrow? I know it's on FOX PPV, but it's a decent card.  The trash talk leading up to this has been funny too.  Called Porter "an in-shape street fighter" and said, "he fights like he's drowning and he doesn't know how to swim."  LOL! 😂🤣😂

Porter got heart and determination. I think he'll test Spence early, but then it's all Spence after 3-4 rounds. I got Spence punishing Porter and getting the TKO/KO in 10 or 11. Think Poppa Porter throws in the towel late. 

David Benavidez vs Anthony Dirrell is gonna be good. Benavidez hasn't really been tested yet. If Dirrell still has some dog in him, this will be a decent action fight. Benavidez gets his 168 lbs championship back by late TKO or UD.

Josesito Lopez vs John Molina will be a war. These guys are shop worn, but they bring the action when they fight. Lopez is a tough SOB, but Molina can crack when he lets his hands go. I'll take Molina by KO. 

Mario Barrios is on the card also.  I don't see star quality in him yet, but I cheer him on because he's a local kid from San Antonio.

Ghost Guerrero is on the card also. Not sure what he has left in his tank, but we'll see.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...