Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

1 hour ago, ksun247 said:

That power is just crazy!!! Seems like that is all he was waiting for because he knows it's the ULTIMATE EQUALIZER! He can mask all of his mistakes then BOOM! Lights out!!!

he said something that is absolutely true, fighters have to be perfect against him for 36 minutes, he just has to be right for 2 seconds.

its crazy because, although he is tall, he's on the smaller end of HW. He rarely weighs more than 220 on fight night

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, ksun247 said:

Maybe the fix is in? Put money on Ruiz to repeat via KO. I'm mad now. Figured Ruiz would be true to his word and come in lighter. AJ is kinda chinny, so who knows. I smell a trilogy. 

He weighed in with a shirt on, but he didnt look sloppy. 2nd heaviest beltholder in boxing history behind Valuev at 328lbs. 

It concerning that after spending so much time talking about coming lighter, that he would be 15lbs over. Joshua looks trim, 10lbs or so lighter than the last fight.

Joshua needs to have that jab ready for work tomorrow. His chin issues are well known, but Ruiz cant get on the inside effectively if he's getting hit with that heavy jab everytime on the way in

• Like 1

Ruiz got cleanly outboxed, 2 rounds at max for Ruiz. Joshua fought smart for 12 rounds and was never in any real danger

I don't think a trilogy is necessary, especially given that you have no idea how seriously Ruiz will train for it.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/8/2019 at 4:08 PM, StillUnknown said:

Charlo looked really good last night against a pretty good fighter, albeit one without much of a name.

He did. I thought Hogan beat Munguia, but got Golden Boy'ed on the scorecards. Hogan has an awkward style, but he made Munguia miss so many punches and look like a rank amateur. Munguia will probably beat O'Sullivan when he makes his 160 lbs debut next month. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 11:26 AM, StillUnknown said:

Usyk is one of my 2 or 3 favorites going right now. Cruiserweight has delivered damn good fights theast decade, but is largely overlooked as division as a whole. Probably due to the fact that the better fighters have been foreigners and most fights take place overseas, making it harder for US fans to watch.

I would pick Usyk over every HW right now skill-wise, its just a matter of how he handles taking a punch at that level.

I'm just catching up to his HW debut which ocurred in October.

Hard to judge him fairly since the other guy only had 4 days notice, but definitely want to see more of him at HW.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

double header on espn tonight

Terrence Crawford fighting some dude who's name I cannot spell or pronouce. Shame that Crawford might be the best p4p in the world, but his resume is lacking.

Co-main could be interesting. Teofimo Lopez vs. Richard Commey, Lopez is one of the better prospects in boxing, but didn't look his best in his last fight. Stepping up to a world title shot tonight against a dude who isn't special, but very consistent and capable. If Lopez is the prospect he thinks he is, he should win this clearly. the winner of this fight likely gets Lomachenko next.