Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Don't be like my good buddy DM and allow blind hate to cloud your judgement lol. I could post **** about Manny, Freddie and who ever else but it's all OUTSIDE the ring. You can dislike Floyd outside the ring all day long but you don't watch both these guys fight and believe Manny will win do you?? Sounds more like you're hoping Manny wins because of a disdain you have for Floyd. Here's a racist vid of Freddie Roach, does that mean you don't like him as a trainer??

http://bossip.com/1134678/breaking-new-video-exposes-freddy-roach-manny-pacquiao-trainer-as-racist-howdy-ners-f-mexicans-jews-video/?awesm=awe.sm_aMAWk

I've never liked Floyd outside the ring.  But he is the best fighter and one of the greatest I've seen (grew up with Tyson from day 1).  I really wish we had gotten this fight 5 years ago, just like everyone else.  I honestly expect Mayweather to win, but I would like to see Pac win just to shut him up.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

Andre Ward vs Paul Smith done deal. Oakland 6/20/15

The reason I don't like this is because it's at a dumbass catch weight of 172 yet Ward refuses to step up to the 175 division. But the thing I find so funny about his refusal to move up is because he actually won Olympic Gold Medal at @176

Not sure if you're talking about me or not.  Not a boxing expert by any means.  I just don't like Mayweather at all, great fighter and fun to watch over the years, just don't like him in general, never really have.  So, I hope Pac wins.  

Wasn't directed at you at all, my apologies for not making that clear. It was just general statement of what I've seen on twitter and heard from friends.

Agree with you on Mayweather. I've never been a fan of his, just his particular skillset. Its incredibly hard to do and absolutely beautiful to watch, and only comes around once a generation. Its a shame that it has to be packaged in somebody who is a piece of ****.

• Like 2

Yea I know a few. What area specifically?? Also D&B isn't shut down. There's still one in Arundel, one in White Flint, and one being built in Capitol Heights.

Dave and Busters at White Flint closed last summer.

I think he means that D&B is not showing the fight now though.

• Like 1

If anyone's going to a sports bar, I suggest getting there early. I still think the best option is buying the PPV. I did the sports bar thing once and after paying for the cover charge and food, I really didn't save all that much.

• Like 1

Then why don't you all just chip in?

Ever since they were called out for being a mouthpiece for him, Mayweather has been taking a beating on ESPN as of late. From OTL, to SVP and Russilo to His and Hers to Olbermann to 1st Take. Even Stephen A had no choice but to say that, "Floyd should have been in jail."

Yea I know a few. What area specifically?? Also D&B isn't shut down. There's still one in Arundel, one in White Flint, and one being built in Capitol Heights.

Thinking...NoVA, DC, Annapolis areas......yeah I meant shut down as in not showing the fight....heard the initial set up was a pretty good deal

Then why don't you all just chip in?

Because people don't even want to chip in. And I am not getting stuck with  $100 charge on my direct tv bill when people suddenly "forget" to show up with some money to throw in. Been through this routine too many times. I don't want to be in a situation where I have to collect at the door, but at this point I feel like that's what it would come to, to make sure people throw in.

Hell, I offered my wife's cousin to throw down $50 if he orders it, and I haven't heard a peep from him. He told me for months he was ordering it and then not surprisingly as the fight gets close suddenly "plans changed"  

I need to find more friends that are actual combat sports fans.

Edited by NoCalMike

All of them WILL be targeted. And the few that actually do slip thru the cracks will be so awfully crowded, you'd be lucky to get one good round in. I've heard Haymon & company where all over the situation over seas. HBO execs were taking care of things in the US. Now it seems Showtime has got involved as well. As I said before, good luck.

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2015/04/28/floyd-mayweather-manny-pacquiao-fight-showtime-lawsuit-free-internet-streaming

Edit: Wrong link

Edited by Rexx1240

Thinking...NoVA, DC, Annapolis areas......yeah I meant shut down as in not showing the fight....heard the initial set up was a pretty good deal

Yea I know a few places. Not sure if you're looking for the club/lounge type of scene, bar scene...

Bliss Night Club in DC will throw a big fight party. Also Avery's Bar & Lounge. Also try Barcode. All of those are great spots in DC to watch. 

I've heard about a few spots in VA but also heard the scenery isn't too welcoming.

The best place I know of in Annapolis is Union Jack's. They set the bar pretty high there. I believe you can purchase tix in advance too.

Also forgot, any Green Turtle you go to will pretty much accommodate you. I've watched a couple UFC ppv's there. Not bad at all. Don't remember having to pay a cover charge either.

You'll typically pay between $20-25 for cover charge and the rest is on you. My best advice, ARRIVE SUPER EARLY.

Edited by Rexx1240

Yeah good luck with that. I have never used nor even heard of those websites before, and I have streamed pretty much every event I have had to.  I am not saying that it won't be a much more inconvenient experience than usual, but if you are asking me to pick a side that prevails and it is Internet pirates vs. TV network execs........yeah right.

Yeah good luck with that. I have never used nor even heard of those websites before, and I have streamed pretty much every event I have had to.  I am not saying that it won't be a much more inconvenient experience than usual, but if you are asking me to pick a side that prevails and it is Internet pirates vs. TV network execs........yeah right.

No I am in no way saying to pick a side. I'm only going by what I've heard. Just relaying information as I usually do here. I too stream a lot. I have a few very reliable sites but I know with this fight, they're no good to me. If anybody feels like they have THE site(s) to successfully stream, then by all means, save that $100. But like I said, to my knowledge the chances of finding a decent feed are extremely slim for this one.

No I am in no way saying to pick a side. I'm only going by what I've heard. Just relaying information as I usually do here. I too stream a lot. I have a few very reliable sites but I know with this fight, they're no good to me. If anybody feels like they have THE site(s) to successfully stream, then by all means, save that $100. But like I said, to my knowledge the chances of finding a decent feed are extremely slim for this one.

Well, I am keeping my options open until Saturday afternoon. I'd much rather watch it legitimately if I can find some folks to help out.

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-floyd-mayweather-mind-his-own-business--90375

Floyd goes in on Konz and Arum, you can Hate Mayweather because his legal issues, hate his style of boxing style or straight up call him out for not being great at reading but one thing for sure he has made some great buisness decisions, genius like. Arums respond Floyd mind your own buisness we haven't talked trash about you, hes lying again because every 5 minutes either Arum or Roach has some **** to say about Floyd while Floyd has been mostly queit through out the promotion. Manny is getting rapped again on the books

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-floyd-mayweather-mind-his-own-business--90375

Floyd goes in on Konz and Arum, you can Hate Mayweather because his legal issues, hate his style of boxing style or straight up call him out for not being great at reading but one thing for sure he has made some great buisness decisions, genius like. Arums respond Floyd mind your own buisness we haven't talked trash about you, hes lying again because every 5 minutes either Arum or Roach has some **** to say about Floyd while Floyd has been mostly queit through out the promotion. Manny is getting rapped again on the books

Floyd actually took it easy on him. He could've went a lot more in depth and got into much more detail than he did. I think he let them off the hook a bit there. After he retires, bank on him to air it all out. Arum has been robbing Manny blind for years and he's either too stupid to see it or just simply doesn't care. Koncz is also getting his share of the under-the-table pie at Pacquiao's blind expense. But hey, it is what it is.