Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank God I'm not a Giants fan.

Spaceman Spiff

I've lost a lot of respect for them. What little respect I have for them, anyway:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3168221

Giants ticket holders selling chance to see Brady, Patriots go 16-0

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The chance to watch the Giants try to mar the Patriots perfect season isn't drawing many Big Blue fans to the stadium this Saturday.

Many New York Giants fans are selling their tickets to the game to New England Patriots fans who want to see quarterback Tom Brady and his teammates go for a 16-0 record in their final regular-season game.

Internet auction sites that allow customers to buy and sell sports tickets have seen a surge in ticket sales for the game by Giants fans, The Star-Ledger of Newark reported for Tuesday's newspapers.

"It looks like it's on pace to be one of our top 25 events for all time. It's definitely one of our hot sellers," Joellen Ferrer, a spokesman for Internet auction site StubHub, which specializes in tickets for events, told the newspaper. "Although it's meaningless to the Giants, it's still going to be a great game to watch."

Can't imagine having tickets to a game like that and just selling them.

Way to go, Giants fans! Loyal to the end!

I wouldn't sell just out of respect for my team. I'm not going to be one of the people who allows Pats fans to swarm the stadium and celebrate THEIR victory in MY TEAM'S house. I'd much rather be the guy who roots for his hometeam, and brings a sign with a big ol' asterisk on it.

Allow me to point out that when the Skins play the Cowboys, the cameras don't seem to have any trouble finding Cowboy fans in FedEx.

I bet there will be a bunch of them, even this week.

Hard to dump on Giants fans for taking big bucks for a game that doesn't matter to the Giants, is really important to NE fans, and will likely feature the G-Men backups, anyway, when we all know that (some) Skins season ticket holders will be selling tickets to a game that is important to the Skins, and is a rivalry game, to boot.

I would do the exact same thing. The game is meaningless to the Giants and I couldn't care less about "preventing" an undefeated season. As a fan' date=' one can only do so much. Plus, Giants Stadium is a ****hole.[/quote']

**** that.

This game is far from meaningless to the Giants.

Which scenario do you prefer?

1) Giants play their starters for one or two drives, but for the most part give a lackluster effort and the backups get steamrolled by the Patriots. The following week the Giants travel to Tampa Bay and get spanked in the first round of the playoffs because they have no momentum. But at least nobody got injured against the Pats!!

2) Giants starters play the majority of the game, fighting their hardest to make the Pats a footnote in history rather than a headline, and maybe they make the game interesting, maybe they don't. But they fight, and roll into the playoffs instead of limping in.

**** that.

This game is far from meaningless to the Giants.

Which scenario do you prefer?

1) Giants play their starters for one or two drives, but for the most part give a lackluster effort and the backups get steamrolled by the Patriots. The following week the Giants travel to Tampa Bay and get spanked in the first round of the playoffs because they have no momentum. But at least nobody got injured against the Pats!!

2) Giants starters play the majority of the game, fighting their hardest to make the Pats a footnote in history rather than a headline, and maybe they make the game interesting, maybe they don't. But they fight, and roll into the playoffs instead of limping in.

How about 3) The Giants rest their starters and escape injury. With a healthy, well-rested team they go down to TB and find rhythm, beating a depleted and overrated Bucs team.

or 4) Giants play their hearts out against the Patriots and win the game, but tired after a weeks effort and beating the best team in the league, they go in against the bucs are unable to do it.

or 5) The Giants play their hearts out lose to the patriots, and heartbroken they go into tampa and give a lackluster effort and lose.

or 6)...

point being there's a million different things that this Patriots game could mean to the Giants that may or may not affect the game against the Buccaneers. And jrockster totally creates a false dicotomy by listing only 2.

Give me a break here. The Giants have key guys who are pretty banged up. If you have the opportunity to rest them and have them healthier for a playoff game when you are playing a meaningless one, you do so.

As far as Giant fans selling tickets, the Giants are 3-4 at home. They don't play well in Giants stadium. Their 7-1 road record holds out hope for the playoffs. I have no problem with Giant fans trying to make some of the money back they spent on the holiday season.

Not to mention that there will be a number of backups playing for the Giants. It will probably be kind of like the fourth preseason game.

Yeah, I can understand why Giants would rest their players. The fact is, the playoffs are more important that an ego-based game. Everyone is pressuring Kaufman to play his starters to give New England a run for their money, but why? If no one else beat them (including the skins) then why should New York be obligated to? Fact of the matter is, the playoffs are more important than regular season games, which is why we probably won't see much Romo sits to pee on sunday. They already have a sure spot, so why risk the health of their starters?

point being there's a million different things that this Patriots game could mean to the Giants that may or may not affect the game against the Buccaneers. And jrockster totally creates a false dicotomy by listing only 2.

I didn't only list 2 - but how are those reading comprehension classes coming?

You guys are failing to see the point - this is the BEST team in the league, by far. Putting up a good performance against them would do wonders for the team's confidence.

As far as the fans go - I would LOVE to see the Giants end the Pats perfect season, and I hate the Giants. :whoknows:

I wouldn't sell just out of respect for my team. I'm not going to be one of the people who allows Pats fans to swarm the stadium and celebrate THEIR victory in MY TEAM'S house. I'd much rather be the guy who roots for his hometeam, and brings a sign with a big ol' asterisk on it.

:applause: Yeah im with ya on this. If the Pats were going vs the Skins this week and we had no shot at the playoffs I aint lettin no ***** Pats fan come into FedEx and cheer for a bunch of cheaters on our homefield. **** that. As my good ole friend on the underarmor tv ads says WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!

Archived