Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Points Scored - Collins versus Campbell (Merged 4X)

Ji

to finally see a real NFL offense. The playcalling..the execution...the creativity has been flawless ever since Campebell broke his knee cap.

I think our offense could of been this good had Campbell been given the reigns . He is supremely more talented than Collins but obviously Collins knows the offense(the way its suppose to be run) alot better right now.

Who is our starter against Seattle in the playoffs? Next year?

Nothing is gonna irratate me right now.

The simple fact of the matter is that you have to develop your QB. Collins would have been worse than Jason his second year under the system/first year playing it. But in this league, a young talent at QB is something you have to build around. Campbell will start next year, but this year, I dunno if you go away from what's been working.

i agree... collins played better in the pre-season i thought... the offense is clicking with him out there... i say let him finish the season and see how far he takes us... looks like the team is peaking right now.. what a better time to do so... i say let him play and ir jc... lol.. boy, here comes the flames!!!! lol... bring on the cowgirls

Of course Collins has only played 3 games, but.....

In 12 games with Campbell, we averaged 17.9 points per game.

In 3 games with Collins, we averaged 26.0 points.

And actually, Collins played closer to 2.5 games, coming into the Chicago game near the end of the first half.

NOTE - In calculating Total Points scored under Campbell, I subtracted the 2 Defensive TD's by Fletcher and Rogers.

Again, it's only about 3 games, but there's a clear trend that shows that the offense has more firepower under Collins. I think Collins should be the starter for the playoffs if we get there, since he has the momentum, and give Campbell another chance next year, as I still think he is our future, just not the answer right now

I would have to say Collins. To have Collins guide us the way he has(3-0) as a starter this season after ten years of inactivity, and give the starting job back to Campbell, would be unjust to him. Jason has to take a back seat. Would we have won the past three games if Campbell never got hurt? Maybe. Maybe not.

I feel Collins gives us the chance to win, make the playoffs, and keep advancing in the playoffs given that we do get in. Gibbs has always had a preference for veteran QBs anyhow.

I think if anything, Collins performance is a preview of what this offense will look like under JC if he develops into the QB we know he can become.

Except with JC, we'll have a bigger talent at QB. And a much younger one at that. :)

But for now... GO COLLINS!

22/29 200+ yards, and 2 TDs

I would have to say Collins. To have Collins guide us the way he has(3-0) as a starter this season after ten years of inactivity, and give the starting job back to Campbell, would be unjust to him. Jason has to take a back seat. Would we have won the past three games if Campbell never got hurt? Maybe. Maybe not.

I feel Collins gives us the chance to win, make the playoffs, and keep advancing in the playoffs given that we do get in. Gibbs has always had a preference for veteran QBs anyhow.

NO we would be 5-10 right now and talking about the draft

Guys, come on - give it up. Both have played well. Collins has been in this system for what? The better part of a decade. It'd be a waste of money if he wasn't giving us a lift and giving us the option to try more things.

I've enjoyed rooting for both. Lets try to root for Redskins...not tear them down or disparage them in some way.

to finally see a real NFL offense. The playcalling..the execution...the creativity has been flawless ever since Campebell broke his knee cap.

I think our offense could of been this good had Campbell been given the reigns . He is supremely more talented than Collins but obviously Collins knows the offense(the way its suppose to be run) alot better right now.

Who is our starter against Seattle in the playoffs? Next year?

I'd say Collins is the starter for Seattle if we get in the playoffs. Just let Jason get back to work learning the playbook and the system and he'll be back to start next season, he had a good year of learning experiences and if he works as hard as he did last offseason, he'll be scary-good next season.

There's many other factors like the Skins being much less predictable calling plays under Collins and better OL-play, but you can't go away from the hot hand. If the Skins make the playoffs they have to ride Collins.

Still, Collins needs to stop being so careless with the ball. He had 2 more fumbles tonight.

No.

The difference that I can see is the playcalling and the protection, not the quality of QB. If the protection holds, and Al calls the same kind of game for Jason, he will deliver. If he's healthy, he should get his team back.

This is what I was going to say.;)

No.

The difference that I can see is the playcalling and the protection, not the quality of QB. If the protection holds, and Al calls the same kind of game for Jason, he will deliver. If he's healthy, he should get his team back.

You're fighting a losing battle. I personally feel that Campbell shouldn't lose his job to injury but not many others do. Collins can do his thing but if that has any effect on Campbell's psyche and ruins him like Ramsey got ruined, I will be thoroughyl upset.

Guys, come on - give it up. Both have played well. Collins has been in this system for what? The better part of a decade. It'd be a waste of money if he wasn't giving us a lift and giving us the option to try more things.

I've enjoyed rooting for both. Lets try to root for Redskins...not tear them down or disparage them in some way.

Why are skins fans so up tight about this? Collins has played better (with the exception of the botched snap). He is not making as many dumb throws and plays smarter.

-Grant

Archived