Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Points Scored - Collins versus Campbell (Merged 4X)

Ji

Collins is playing pocket QB like it's supposed to be played. He's nothing like Brunell. Brunell was a starter for how many years? And a scrambler at that?

Collins is fresh and has almost no tread on his tires. We all get old but he IS a pro athlete and his arm and mind should be far, FAR fresher than the average 36 year old.

Because some of (the smarter) of us, know that a 37 year old QB is NOT the answer moving forward. It takes time to make a new QB (Jason) come around. You don't put him on the bench in order to appease the "win now!!!!!" crowd. I want years of stability and production from the QB spot, not more 38 year old placeholders who are in it for maybe one run.

Do you remember how hard it was watching Brunell? Thats Collins if you make him the starter next year. Its amazing what short memories some of you have.

Did I say he should or shouldn't start? I stated that the better man play IIRC.

I do have a memory. The 2005 season was a rollercoaster but you can't compaire Todd to Brunell...seriously? Come on man? First of all Todd knows the system better than both Cambell and Brunell. So that right there is an advantage, right? Pocket passer vs scrambler? Both are vets but Brunell is beaten up worse than a dead horse.

Look I know that Cambell is the future of this organization...I certainly hope that doesn't come back to bite them in the arse later, though. As I see it why start a QB this season, who one was injured and two at the end of the year?

I tell you what lets see what Todd does for the rest of this season and have a few of these..:cheers:

HTTR!!!

Collins is playing pocket QB like it's supposed to be played. He's nothing like Brunell. Brunell was a starter for how many years? And a scrambler at that?

Collins is fresh and has almost no tread on his tires. We all get old but he IS a pro athlete and his arm and mind should be far, FAR fresher than the average 36 year old.

Simple question:

How many Quarterbacks, fresh or otherwise, play consistent playoff quality football after age 37?

Also, Collins and 2005 Brunell, as much as you'll pontificate against it, are very much alike. They're both Quarterbacks past their prime who are relying on experience and the short pass to keep them out of trouble in games where the running game and the defense are winning things.

Did I say he should or shouldn't start? I stated that the better man play IIRC.

I do have a memory. The 2005 season was a rollercoaster but you can't compaire Todd to Brunell...seriously? Come on man? First of all Todd knows the system better than both Cambell and Brunell. So that right there is an advantage, right? Pocket passer vs scrambler? Both are vets but Brunell is beaten up worse than a dead horse.

Look I know that Cambell is the future of this organization...I certainly hope that doesn't come back to bite them in the arse later, though. As I see it why start a QB this season, who one was injured and two at the end of the year?

I tell you what lets see what Todd does for the rest of this season and have a few of these..:cheers:

HTTR!!!

I'll say it again. This is NOT a superbowl team. We all should understand that, and if we face that reality, we realize how important it is to give JC playoff expirence this year, so we can make run after run starting next year.

I'll say it again. This is NOT a superbowl team. We all should understand that, and if we face that reality, we realize how important it is to give JC playoff expirence this year, so we can make run after run starting next year.

Ok, look my Richard is bigger! :D

Seriously though, how do you know that Collins is washed up? I've seen nothing to prove otherwise in the 2.5 games this year?

As for Superbowl contention thats a fantasy that was discussed in another thread. We're talking about a QB that had a serious injury to his knee. The experience of reinjuring it would be worse for him right now. Plus how much experience can he get if Todd keeps steam rolling over the opponent?

HTTR!!!

Ok, look my Richard is bigger! :D

Seriously though, how do you know that Collins is washed up? I've seen nothing to prove otherwise in the 2.5 games this year?

As for Superbowl contention thats a fantasy that was discussed in another thread. We're talking about a QB that had a serious injury to his knee. The experience of reinjuring it would be worse for him right now. Plus how much experience can he get if Todd keeps steam rolling over the opponent?

HTTR!!!

How do I know that Collins is washed up? Because he's a 37 year old backup who has no arm He makes good, safe, short throws. Just like another old washed up quarterback that we had to suffer through for 3 seasons.

So you are going to be the coach who looks at 50-odd veterans in the face after they've endured the most hard-fought, heart-wrenching, gut-wrenching, tragic season of their lives.... fight back to win 4 in a row and go to the playoffs. And then tell them that you'd like to squander their chance, however small, to go to a Super Bowl... because you want to get Jason Campbell playoff experience? That sound like the right call? That's what these guys spill their guts for - so JC can lose his playoff cherry?

How do I know that Collins is washed up? Because he's a 37 year old backup who has no arm He makes good, safe, short throws. Just like another old washed up quarterback that we had to suffer through for 3 seasons.

So your saying that Todd has no arm? I'll take accuracy over uncontrolable zip any day! Brunell when healthy was a great back up. When injured, well you know what happened. Todd is healthy and is playing flawless. What more do you want?

You should be happy we have a back up who is winning which in the end is more important. Ask anyone...which is more important...they will tell you what? Thats right...put a 37 year old washed up vet in there as long as he keeps winning. Look what people were saying when MB was in 2005...let the hype begin!

HTTR!!!

So you are going to be the coach who looks at 50-odd veterans in the face after they've endured the most hard-fought, heart-wrenching, gut-wrenching, tragic season of their lives.... fight back to win 4 in a row and go to the playoffs. And then tell them that you'd like to squander their chance, however small, to go to a Super Bowl... because you want to get Jason Campbell playoff experience? That sound like the right call? That's what these guys spill their guts for - so JC can lose his playoff cherry?

You're acting like TC is battle tested in the playoffs. Sending him in, you get the same level of playoff experience as sending in JC. It would be both the first playoff start for both of them.

Plus, you should really stop acting like Jason didn't fight hard to get his team to the playoffs in 12 games this season. If anything you should ask yourself how you can tell him he has to sit out what he started.

What do you want me to prove? Did you watch the games? If you did, you should know that Randell El, Moss and Thrash have all been hurt at different times, for extended periods this season. Sellers has also been hurt and missed a number of games.

Do you need me to prove to you that they are all playing healthy, at the same time, since the bears game? I mean, do I need to hold your hand that tightly?

Is Lloyd healthy?

I would like to see Lloyd play with Collins at the helm next year. We might be shocked.

You're acting like TC is battle tested in the playoffs. Sending him in, you get the same level of playoff experience as sending in JC. It would be both the first playoff start for both of them.

Is this a joke? In case you hadn't noticed, the playoffs started after we lost game 7. Assuming things hold to form, we win 4 straight with Collins playing well and you bring Campbell off the bench?

Plus, you should really stop acting like Jason didn't fight hard to get his team to the playoffs in 12 games this season. If anything you should ask yourself how you can tell him he has to sit out what he started.

This team and Joe Gibbs owe Campbell what? What has JC earned here? Please tell me.

Is this a joke? In case you hadn't noticed, the playoffs started after we lost game 7. Assuming things hold to form, we win 4 straight with Collins playing well and you bring Campbell off the bench?

This team and Joe Gibbs owe Campbell what? What has JC earned here? Please tell me.

Your first point: It's Campbell's team man. You don't let your starter lose his team due to injury. Its just poor coaching if you do that.

Your Second Point: What are you even talking about? Joe Gibbs named Campbell the starter. He's a young quarterback. You ahve patients. You're talking like you want to get rid of him. Start being rationale.

Your first point: It's Campbell's team man. You don't let your starter lose his team due to injury. Its just poor coaching if you do that.

Your Second Point: What are you even talking about? Joe Gibbs named Campbell the starter. He's a young quarterback. You ahve patients. You're talking like you want to get rid of him. Start being rationale.

We're not talking about next year. We're talking about next week. Who gives us the best chance to win next week if we qualify for the playoffs? A less than 100% JC who was decent but led us to a 5-7 record or a 4-0 TC who has the team playings it's best football in 2 years?

Let me take you back to 2001 my little grasshopper. Drew Bledsoe gets knocked out of a game in Week 2 with a serious but not season ending injury. Keep in mind at this point, that DB is the face of the franchise - a player who owns all the records. A player who probably deserves sacred cow status if any Patriot ever deserved it. But when he finally was healthy, he stayed on the bench. Why? There was this guy named Tom Brady who, despite pretty good though not great stats, had the team WINNING practically every game. (No, I'm not saying Collins is the next Brady - just making a point)

Best you learn this now: There are about 3-4 QBs in the league who can't lose their jobs to injury. The rest are ALWAYS in danger of being Wally Pipped.

Really I think Collins is playing in the manner you would expect from a back up. He was brought here because he knows the system...10 years. Wow that is a long time. Campbell has learned it for what? Two years.

Nope Campbell should and will start next year. I say we stay with Collins for now..he is riding on momentum.

Our pass protection has been inconsistent ALL year. I have seen it hold up well for both QB's and then crumble...so I can't say I buy the pass protection is only there for Collins theory.. sorry/

Bottom line: BETTER PLAYER STARTS...AND THAT IS COLLINS.

This topic has become far more intrinsic than is helpful...

Save the platitudes, save the mickey mouse rules, save the intrinsics.

"Starter don't lose their jobs to injury???" ...ever hear of Tom Brady you cliche-of-the-month-nonthinkers, you gonna call that bad coaching?

And Gibbs is not afraid to do it, he pulled Schroader for Doug Williams without so much as an injury and after letting Schroader take him through the season. Gibbs knows the difference between playoffs and regular season.

I can't believe I have hear this kind of prattle, just goes to show some fans wouldn't know a good QB if they saw him and wouldn't like him if they had him. Talk about looking a gifthorse in the mouth.

Archived