Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Points Scored - Collins versus Campbell (Merged 4X)

Ji

Guest sith lord
No.

The difference that I can see is the playcalling and the protection, not the quality of QB. If the protection holds, and Al calls the same kind of game for Jason, he will deliver. If he's healthy, he should get his team back.

Sorry, but Collins have grossly outplayed Campbell. It's not even debatable.

You're fighting a losing battle. I personally feel that Campbell shouldn't lose his job to injury but not many others do. Collins can do his thing but if that has any effect on Campbell's psyche and ruins him like Ramsey got ruined, I will be thoroughyl upset.

I don't care who agrees with me on here, I just hope that Joe does the right thing. You can't mess with your young QB's head by benching him when he's healthy.

Just remember, we ran the ball on third and five with 6 minutes to go, up by eleven points, we ran the ball up the middle. We got nine yard and a first down, but is was a very conservative call. The difference was we executed it very well.

I think Collins has been great for us. He's done exactly what you hope a veteran backup would do. But this whole team seems to be playing with another gear these days. Especially Portis.

But hey, if Doug Williams can step in and lead us to glory, why not Collins? Whatever works, I'm all for. And I'm pretty sure Gibbs feels the same way.

Last I looked, Snyder was the owner not Campbell. This concept that it is his team is nuts. If he plays poorly half way through next season again, it will be over for him.

In a strange way, the worst thing you could do for Campbell is to let him come back in the playoffs. If he were to play badly in that scenario and the Redskins would lose, there really could be a quarterback controversy.

The Redskins invested a lot to get Jason Campbell. He will one day be the QB that we invisioned, but now Collins is the Redskins QB. Campbell shows his youth and level of experience when he plays, and he's not a bad QB. But I agree that with all of the momentum we have right now, Jason can not be back behind center until next year.

Of course Collins has only played 3 games, but.....

In 12 games with Campbell, we averaged 17.9 points per game.

In 3 games with Collins, we averaged 26.0 points.

And actually, Collins played closer to 2.5 games, coming into the Chicago game near the end of the first half.

NOTE - In calculating Total Points scored under Campbell, I subtracted the 2 Defensive TD's by Fletcher and Rogers.

Again, it's only about 3 games, but there's a clear trend that shows that the offense has more firepower under Collins. I think Collins should be the starter for the playoffs if we get there, since he has the momentum, and give Campbell another chance next year.

Like I only noticed that in preseason. Don't get me wrong, I love Campbell, but Collins scored more points and looked way more confident in the huddle.

Now during the actual season, I believe we can stop them.,.........

to finally see a real NFL offense. The playcalling..the execution...the creativity has been flawless ever since Campebell broke his knee cap.

I think our offense could of been this good had Campbell been given the reigns . He is supremely more talented than Collins but obviously Collins knows the offense(the way its suppose to be run) alot better right now.

Who is our starter against Seattle in the playoffs? Next year?

You're out of your everlovin' tree man. Collins may not have the legs or the arm, but that little piece of matter between his ears and his accuracy is far superior. Collins IS a better quarterback than Campbell. Certainly he is not as "physically" gifted, but what does that buy you? :2cents:

HTTR

No.

The difference that I can see is the playcalling and the protection, not the quality of QB. If the protection holds, and Al calls the same kind of game for Jason, he will deliver. If he's healthy, he should get his team back.

Totally agree, next year :doh:. How short is your memory? Campbell was averaging like a fumble and 2 ints per game and lost 5 straight. Hell even in the bills game, if he doesn't get caught in the endzone for a safty, we win. I wish him a slow but healthy recovery and the opportunity to compete for his job next spring.

Of course Collins has only played 3 games, but.....

In 12 games with Campbell, we averaged 17.9 points per game.

In 3 games with Collins, we averaged 26.0 points.

And actually, Collins played closer to 2.5 games, coming into the Chicago game near the end of the first half.

NOTE - In calculating Total Points scored under Campbell, I subtracted the 2 Defensive TD's by Fletcher and Rogers.

Again, it's only about 3 games, but there's a clear trend that shows that the offense has more firepower under Collins. I think Collins should be the starter for the playoffs if we get there, since he has the momentum, and give Campbell another chance next year.

Hopefully they won't mess with it. This is a very fine line to travel, Jason being healthy enough -vs- Collins being the right fit.

Hopefully Campbell understands.

HTTR!!!!!

No.

When did the Skins start winning? That's right -- when Collins took over.

The line is looking better because Collins knows when to get rid of the ball, when to hold it for long throws.

This is because Collins is reading the defense much better than JC. JC is our future, but he has a long way to go.

If we go far into the playoffs this year, QB position should be up for a competition between Collins and Campbell.

Guest sith lord
If you can't see the difference in protection and playcalling, then you're right, we can't have a discussion, because you're not dealing with facts.

There's absolutely no logical argument you can use to say that Collins haven't played better than Campbell. I don't know about you, but I don't miss those int's in key moments of the game. And you know as well as I do that if JC was sacked from behind like TC was on that one play, the ball would have been bouncing around the field.

Theres a lot more to this than our starting QB getting hurt. The o-line is starting to play better, Gibbs is playing to win now.This team has come together,because of Taylor most of all.I think it brought our team closer and like I have already said I'm proud of this team and there coach.Todd is playing good,but he's not the reason we our winning.It's a team game and this team is getting it together at the right time.

I'd say Collins is the starter for Seattle if we get in the playoffs. Just let Jason get back to work learning the playbook and the system and he'll be back to start next season, he had a good year of learning experiences and if he works as hard as he did last offseason, he'll be scary-good next season.

:cheers: My exact thoughts!

This is Todd's team until next year. He's playing very well. One time tonight he took a sack and everyone in the room said "if that had been Campbell, he would have fumbled." I think JC needs to really study his game films this offseason to make the corrections necessary and to improve his ball handling. He can do what Collins is doing and more because of his athleticism. I look forward to seeing that.

Totally agree, next year :doh:. How short is your memory? Campbell was averaging like a fumble and 2 ints per game and lost 5 straight. Hell even in the bills game, if he doesn't get caught in the endzone for a safty, we win. I wish him a slow but healthy recovery and the opportunity to compete for his job next spring.

I don't know man, there are a lot of reasons for those losses that aren't JC. The team has played different since the Bills game, and you can't say its because of a 36 year QB who never practiced with the first team.

Compete with who? Collins is going to be 37 next year. And please go and re-watch that safety vs the Bills. He had no chance. Zero. Zilch. The guy came in at speed completely unblocked. And yes, our TEAM lost 5 straight, but they are ALL playing very focused football right now.

No.

I think thats foolish. Collins is on an unstoppable roll, one that should continue into the playoffs assuming we get in. on the other hand we can make our star QB come in cold turkey, rushed back from a dislocated kneecap to give him a MAYBE chance of starting just as good as collins all based on the assumption that our recent streak is ONLY from coaching changes.

not worth the risk at all. rest up campbell since there is not a snowball's chance in hell we are going to the superbowl let alone winning it this year. Campbell strong in 08 shows tons of promise. campbell blowing out his knee in a worthless playoff game in 07 and putting his career in possible jeopardy? now way buddy.

Collins releases the ball quicker, has better timing and is more accurate. JC was leading the league in QB fumbles. Right now we have to stick with Collins. If it ain't broke don't fix it. JC will get his time.

I saw Collins fumble twice today.

Whats good for the goose is good for the old man.

Last I looked, Snyder was the owner not Campbell. This concept that it is his team is nuts. If he plays poorly half way through next season again, it will be over for him.

In a strange way, the worst thing you could do for Campbell is to let him come back in the playoffs. If he were to play badly in that scenario and the Redskins would lose, there really could be a quarterback controversy.

At the same time you have to let your young QBs learn and take their lumps. People judge Campbell as if he's a ten year vet. Look at what most hall of fame quarterbacks have done in their first 16-20 starts.

Campbell needs experience. He need to make mistakes and learn from them.

I swear that this is one of the few fan bases that either doesn't understand that or doesn't have the patience to see it through.

Archived