Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Points Scored - Collins versus Campbell (Merged 4X)

Ji

all the talk about collins has been in the system such and such a time and jc has not is driving me crazy... ok, SO, who has been playing better???? i mean come on now... the offense is playing better than they have all year... yes the o-line has stepped up too and that helps... but collins is running that offense right now and running like it should be... the ball is on the mark... no ints... yes he has had problems with the snap... who cares how long he has been doing it, just know that he is winning...let him finish the season and open it up next year...

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

I think thats foolish. Collins is on an unstoppable roll, one that should continue into the playoffs assuming we get in. on the other hand we can make our star QB come in cold turkey, rushed back from a dislocated kneecap to give him a MAYBE chance of starting just as good as collins all based on the assumption that our recent streak is ONLY from coaching changes.

not worth the risk at all. rest up campbell since there is not a snowball's chance in hell we are going to the superbowl let alone winning it this year. Campbell strong in 08 shows tons of promise. campbell blowing out his knee in a worthless playoff game in 07 and putting his career in possible jeopardy? now way buddy.

If there is no chance for the SB why not let Campbell get some playoff reps? Not playing JC, in what you admit is a throw away playoff apperence is insane, because next year when we get back to the playoff JC will be just as green.

I don't know man, there are a lot of reasons for those losses that aren't JC. The team has played different since the Bills game, and you can't say its because of a 36 year QB who never practiced with the first team.

Yes there was but JC's ints and fumbles were amongst them in every game, and now where are all those "lot of reasons" the last 3 games?

Collins releases the ball quicker, has better timing and is more accurate. JC was leading the league in QB fumbles. Right now we have to stick with Collins. If it ain't broke don't fix it. JC will get his time.

Thats the one thing many people have not said about Collins. His quick release. This gives us another dimension on offense and allows Saunders offense to move better. I'm not trying to get all over Collins jock, but its just the way it is. Campbell will get his chance to lead this team.

-Grant

Why are skins fans so up tight about this? Collins has played better (with the exception of the botched snap). He is not making as many dumb throws and plays smarter.

-Grant

Every dumb throw I've seen Campbell make has been late in the game, no time outs, needing a TD to win.

I don't believe Collins has trailed thus far. Plus Saunders is opening up the game. It's been my opnion that Campbell, if allowed to play like he has been at the end of games trying for comebacks would be more effective. Less pressure, a FG a viable alternative, etc.

No.

The difference that I can see is the playcalling and the protection, not the quality of QB. If the protection holds, and Al calls the same kind of game for Jason, he will deliver. If he's healthy, he should get his team back.

Even if he's healthy, he probably won't be 100% or anything, and he won't cohere with the rest of the team as well as Collins due to lack of reps.

Keep Collins in for the remainder of the year, plz.

There's absolutely no logical argument you can use to say that Collins haven't played better than Campbell. I don't know about you, but I don't miss those int's in key moments of the game. And you know as well as I do that if JC was sacked from behind like TC was on that one play, the ball would have been bouncing around the field.

I'm looking down the road. We're not beating the pats this year, thats a given, why not keep giving JC vaulable experience so he can continue to progress into next year.

TC is a one night stand. He's going to be very old next year and then Vinny Testaverde old the year after that. He's not the answer. Letting JC contine to progress is.

Anyone who denies that Collins is playing better than Campbell is BLIND!!! Yes, Campbell is young and he has alot to learn, but his time compared to Collins time on the field, calculate and you can see the difference. Come on Redskins Nation, the best QB we have on this team right now, by far is Todd Collins. Period!

Yes there was but JC's ints and fumbles were amongst them in every game, and now where are all those "lot of reasons" the last 3 games?

Actually it was more the other guys fumbles than Campbell's and his INTs generally killed comebacks, they didn't allow the other team to take the lead.

There's a lot of plays they haven't done for Campbell, like that one TD to Betts which hadn't been done since pre-season.

If we go far into the playoffs this year, QB position should be up for a competition between Collins and Campbell.

This is insane. You don't start a 38 year old over your 26 year old franchise player. I can't even understand how this thought would get in your head.

I don't know man, there are a lot of reasons for those losses that aren't JC. The team has played different since the Bills game, and you can't say its because of a 36 year QB who never practiced with the first team.
which one of our QB's has thrown 3 game clinching endzone interceptions................... including TWICE in the same last 2 minutes of that same game? hmm last time I checked, not collins. those interceptions cannot be explained away by the old "team effort" argument. campbell rushed those throws, plain and simple, and only because of his inexpirience. I'd rather have him rest up for a good solid 7 months and study the playbook, ready to take us to victory in 2008.

I'm looking down the road. We're not beating the pats this year, thats a given, why not keep giving JC vaulable experience so he can continue to progress into next year.

TC is a one night stand. He's going to be very old next year and then Vinny Testaverde old the year after that. He's not the answer. Letting JC contine to progress is.

Why would you throw the playoffs out the window just to get Campbell another start against Dallas or in the first round of the play-offs? Silly. crazy things happen in the playoffs.

-Grant

all the talk about collins has been in the system such and such a time and jc has not is driving me crazy... ok, SO, who has been playing better???? i mean come on now... the offense is playing better than they have all year... yes the o-line has stepped up too and that helps... but collins is running that offense right now and running like it should be... the ball is on the mark... no ints... yes he has had problems with the snap... who cares how long he has been doing it, just know that he is winning...let him finish the season and open it up next year...

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

You seriously think that being immersed in a very complex system for about a decade doesn't help him when he gets out there? Obviously I'm not knocking him, he is playing well, but he probably has every single route of every single one of those 700 pages memorized 2 times over so he doesn't even need to think about it. He knows exactly where the guy is going to be. That is why those stop and curl routes he was throwing were so effective tonight. He knew exactly where the guy was supposed to be and he knows exactly who his dumpoffs and hot reads are on every single play called.

If there is no chance for the SB why not let Campbell get some playoff reps? Not playing JC, in what you admit is a throw away playoff apperence is insane, because next year when we get back to the playoff JC will be just as green.
no, playing JC in a meaningless playoff apearance is insane when he has just come back froma DISLOCATED kneecap. that is pure insanity to risk your franchise QB for NO REASON.

you're asuming that JC is going to learn something from playing in a playoff game. I think he'll fold like a napkin. Really the guy has physical talent, I just don't believe that he's capable of thinking in real time. He has no perrifreal vision and takes forever to unload the ball. I don't think that experience is going to change that.

Archived