Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deangelo Hall wants out of Atlanta

GOSKINS_08

This is actually absolutely true. If I compared Rogers to anybody, it would be Terrence Newman. They sure can cover, but they can't get those ints. Redskins demand a bit too much from their CB's because of Champ Bailey and Darrell Green.

People rag on Rogers a lot because he drops ints.

He is a pretty damn good cover man though going through some growing pains.

Beleive me man, he will be the 2nd highest paid Free Agent this year. Only beind Asante Samuel

I am not so sure about that.

For starters, he's been playing on a crappy team. If the Seahawks make some noise in the playoffs, and Trufant plays well, I could even see him being third in that order.

With guys like Jared Allen and Flozell Adams in free agency, Asomugha may not even be on the big ticket radar. That is... unless he ends up on Redskins One. Heh

If we know about Asomugha's talent, don't you guys think the talent scouts of the other 31 NFL teams would know as well? The guy is a rare breed at CB with his speed, strengh and his 6-2 height. Some lucky team is going to land him and award him a giant contract, second only to Asante Samuel since Asante's a bigger name.

DeAngelo Hall ... well he's proven to be capable of being a good corner, and to be capable of being burnt toast as well. If we give up anything for him, nothing higher then a 5th. If anything, he'll provide a security blanket if Rogers can't return in time for the start of the season, and if anyone can get the talent out of him, it's Jerry Gray and Gregg Williams. But personally, I say we leave it alone and concentrate on using our complete draft (for once) to bring in a large crop of talent for Gibbs and co to mold.

Sadly, the Pro Bowl largely looks at tangible stats when making their selections. Yeah-Hall has alot of INTs, but he's been thrown at SUCCESSFULLY quite a bit as well.

Terrence Newman is a different story-only has allowed 4 tds or so in the last 2-3 years, oppositions respect him by not throwing at him alot, but has very few INTs. Ditto Carlos Rogers-his big knack is that he has brick hands, but THAT'S IT.:2cents:

That analogy is a bunch of crap! Terrence Newman is an overrated corner. He gets burned a lot as well. I have seen him get beat deep a lot because he doesn't think anyone can out run him. I agree that Rogers does have brick hands but Hall is a much better corner than both Newman and Rogers. The only reason that Newman made the Pro-Bowl is because he is on the Cowboys and they are winning. :dallasuck

That analogy is a bunch of crap! Terrence Newman is an overrated corner. He gets burned a lot as well. I have seen him get beat deep a lot because he doesn't think anyone can out run him. I agree that Rogers does have brick hands but Hall is a much better corner than both Newman and Rogers. The only reason that Newman made the Pro-Bowl is because he is on the Cowboys and they are winning. :dallasuck

I dunno man, now that I think about it, Newman is pretty comparable to Rogers. Newman took awhile to develop (remember how badly we owned him in '05?) but this year he seems to have finally put it together and have a good year. Rogers looked like he was finally putting together this year to have a solid season as our #1, but we know what happened ... :doh:

And I wouldn't rank Hall has much better then Los or Newman. He's really fast and a combine beast, but he's gotten owned numerous times, too many times to live up to his own hype as "best corner in the league since the old 21 retired". Remember how badly T.O. owned him?

I dunno man, now that I think about it, Newman is pretty comparable to Rogers. Newman took awhile to develop (remember how badly we owned him in '05?) but this year he seems to have finally put it together and have a good year. Rogers looked like he was finally putting together this year to have a solid season as our #1, but we know what happened ... :doh:

And I wouldn't rank Hall has much better then Los or Newman. He's really fast and a combine beast, but he's gotten owned numerous times, too many times to live up to his own hype as "best corner in the league since the old 21 retired". Remember how badly T.O. owned him?

You gotta remember that the biggest knock on ATL's defense is its lack of a good safety.

Players like Hall take their chances. They go for the big play. When they miss, they need to have a security blanket. Washington is all about protecting their Cornerbacks' mistakes.

Archived